Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Callum Davidson

Jute

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Ross was ok as a short term fix, as was Maybury. But we can't rely on short term fix's to resolve a long term problem. I would hope that it is just buying the club time to actually sign a suitable player for that position.

Personally, I don't think we'll be seeing Foster back, and I can't say I blame him. His stock should have risen suitably for someone to come in and make a bid for him.

Davidson until the end of the season when we can either get Foster back, or ship Foster out and have a bit of cash to spend on a longer term solution.

Seems fine to me.

You think if (and it's a big if) we get money for Foster that we'll be able to spend it on another player?  :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :wave:

You think if (and it's a big if) we get money for Foster that we'll be able to spend it on another player?  :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :wave:

I was meaning more that we'd have money we could play with in terms of wages.  Whilst Foster is still under contract with AFC we can't really offer his wages to anyone else for for any longer than his loan deal with Rangers.  If he were to be permanently removed from the wage bill then we can look longer term.

On the point of whether we can get any money for him.  Rangers may not have anything to spend, but you may be underestimating the naivety of English league clubs when it comes to Old Firm players. 

I see your point but I can't see Ricky being on an amount that's going to make that much of a difference. :(

Really though? I'd say he wouldn't be the poorest wage, he's been with the club for quite some time.

At the end of the day, he has a few years left on his contact come July, and any club that was interested will have to pay some sort of fee.

Really though? I'd say he wouldn't be the poorest wage, he's been with the club for quite some time.

At the end of the day, he has a few years left on his contact come July, and any club that was interested will have to pay some sort of fee.

You're right but we've received £1.6m for just Anderson and Lee Miller in recent times and what from that has been made available for players? F'all and I don't expect that to change with onything we get for Ricky unfortunately.

It's debatable whether their wages were even reinvested.

You're right but we've received £1.6m for just Anderson and Lee Miller in recent times and what from that has been made available for players? F'all and I don't expect that to change with onything we get for Ricky unfortunately.

It's debatable whether their wages were even reinvested.

Well, the two obvious reason that shout at me:

a) Played for the infirm

b) Played in the Champions league, and in my opinion performed very well.

Anderson and Miller hadn't done either of these, so I would say these should have inflattory influence on his value to the club.

I tend to agree with Manc, this is a player who had performed well on a very big stage so must be worth a few bob.

The whole Foster issue for me exposes the stupidity of sections of our support some of whom would gladly give him away thinking that we will get somebody better on the same wages.  In reality I cant think of one player in recent times who we have brought in who has even been of an equal standerd to the person he is replacing with the exception of Hartley, who is no spring chicken.

Whether this particular transfer goes ahead or not, it is heartening that we are being linked with some full backs which has obviously been identified as an area in our team that is non-existant. The likes of McNamee and Davidson will be able to do a job straight away and have some experience on their side. Not too fussed about them staying on longer at the minute but if they help us fill in a gap in our side which has been a factor in our league position at this moment in time, then welcome aboard!

I tend to agree with Manc, this is a player who had performed well on a very big stage so must be worth a few bob.

The whole Foster issue for me exposes the stupidity of sections of our support some of whom would gladly give him away thinking that we will get somebody better on the same wages. In reality I cant think of one player in recent times who we have brought in who has even been of an equal standerd to the person he is replacing with the exception of Hartley, who is no spring chicken.

The bit in bold is spot on.  Fuck selling foster unless someone offers crazy money for him (by that i mean anything over 1.5 mill)