Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jimmy's Dross....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree in as far as Jimmy's time was coming to an end. If my memory serves me correctly he was dropping hints about shelf life etc which, to me, indicated he was looking for a move.

I'd have liked to have seen him in charge for 1 more season, I thought he at least deserved the chance to lead us in Europe again.

How anyone can say the team he left us with was worse than the one he inherited, quite frankly, defies belief.

It just showed how bad the rest of the league was, really.

yawn

thats a tired and downright incorrect way to look at things.

so, if we won the league next season, its only because the other teams were crap?

ir we win a cup, its only because the other teams were crap?

balls to that theory. you get what you deserve. we finished 4th and that was deemed not good enough

shambolic

thats why he got sacked, played it too safe when there was no need for it. A good manager but scared of failure, which go figure ended in him failing

really?

dont twist my words, im not saying all he achieved was the minimum.

christ, qualifying for last 32 of europa league is the minimum is it?

i said the LEAST we could expect from him was the minimum, which was top 4 finish and europe most seasons.

I'll agree in as far as Jimmy's time was coming to an end. If my memory serves me correctly he was dropping hints about shelf life etc which, to me, indicated he was looking for a move.

I'd have liked to have seen him in charge for 1 more season, I thought he at least deserved the chance to lead us in Europe again.

How anyone can say the team he left us with was worse than the one he inherited, quite frankly, defies belief.

i dont think thats correct though

the guy was and still is devastated he was sacked

i dont think thats correct though

the guy was and still is devastated he was sacked

That's not to say he wouldn't have gone if a club south of the border came in for him.

really?

dont twist my words, im not saying all he achieved was the minimum.

christ, qualifying for last 32 of europa league is the minimum is it?

i said the LEAST we could expect from him was the minimum, which was top 4 finish and europe most seasons.

In the group we were drawn in? Yes that was the minimum, It could have been more, if we had sneaked anothe place in the league we would have had an easier tie! Then you never know.

Unless you put some silver in the cabinet then im not interested what meaningless achivement you harp on about, weather it be top 6 finishes or semi final glory!

Do you think the Bayern Munich fans or Atletico fans remember us? after our distingtly forgettable performances!

In the group we were drawn in? Yes that was the minimum, It could have been more, if we had sneaked anothe place in the league we would have had an easier tie! Then you never know.

Unless you put some silver in the cabinet then im not interested what meaningless achivement you harp on about, weather it be top 6 finishes or semi final glory!

Do you think the Bayern Munich fans or Atletico fans remember us? after our distingtly forgettable performances!

a particular number of romanians in madrid will certainly remember me!!!

and as for qualifying from the group was the minimum...really?

away an bile yer heid, every one of those teams had way more experience in europe than us and also a much more expensively assembled side.

copenhagen had Gronkjaer and i THINK Hangelaand for god sake!

3 wins in his last 16 games, Frankie, that is what top four is made of.

Do we have a 16 game league? No. He won us enough points over the course of the season for us to finish 4th. Using stats that help to prove your agenda don't really mean much.

It just showed how bad the rest of the league was, really.

Yup - King Jimmy's fault the rest of the SPL is crap ::)

Agree almost entirely, bar the one more season, the poor form from January to May sealed his fate and he had to go at that time. The mistake as it turned out was his replacement being fkn useless.