Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Other Transfer News

Middlesbrough are lining up an improved £14m bid for Blackburn's 25-year-old striker Jordan Rhodes, having already had a £12m offer rejected

Football, it's fucked.

Just to put this into even more context, Roma have just agreed a fee of £14m for Edin Dzeko. I know who I'd rather spend £14m on. Quality player.  Sad to see him leave England if i'm honest, always thought he'd be better suited at a club like Arsenal or even Man utd.

Rhodes clearly knows where the back of the net is but he's not very mobile, I think he doesn't get the call more often due to this.

I remember him being asked by a journo about being overlooked for Scotland because he apparently can't play as a lone striker as he isn't very mobile outside the box. He just replied that he played that role for over 100 games for Blackburn and had score over 50 goals that point. (This was prior to season when Rhodes played alongside Gestede when Blackburn went with 2 upfront.)

On another note Blackburn will be f**ked in terms of getting into the play-offs if we do let Rhodes go IMO.

I remember him being asked by a journo about being overlooked for Scotland because he apparently can't play as a lone striker as he isn't very mobile outside the box. He just replied that he played that role for over 100 games for Blackburn and had score over 50 goals that point. (This was prior to season when Rhodes played alongside Gestede when Blackburn went with 2 upfront.)

On another note Blackburn will be f**ked in terms of getting into the play-offs if we do let Rhodes go IMO.

Think I remember that interview. It's amazed me that he's never been more of a success, but that said, i've not exactly followed his career.  You're right about Blackburn though, they will be fucked if they let him go.

Looks like de Gea is finally offski.  Been left out of the Man united squad for the spurs game.

Have to say, the di Maria quote saying it wasn't only him that wanted him to leave (i.e. the club) is a load of bollocks. Was a shame to see him not succeed in the premier league, but blaming others is cheap.

Shaqiri looked brilliant at the 2010 world cup but doesn't really seem to have done much since. Stoke could be a really good move for him

Was brilliant at the 2014 WC too! Scored a hattrick did he not?  But I don't disagree, he wasn't going to get into that Bayern team, but surprised Inter let him go.

CMJIdwxWUAARTgY.jpg

Well played Virgin :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33905902

Ronny Deila silent on Scott Allan as Celtic seek fresh faces

By Richard Wilson

BBC Scotland

Manager Ronny Deila insists he is searching worldwide for players to take Celtic to the "next level".

But he refused to confirm or deny reports that discussions are ongoing with Hibernian over Scott Allan.

"I can't comment, he's not our player," was the Norwegian's reply when asked about any potential interest in Allan.

I'd love this.  It'd piss the huns off mightly, and do precisely fuck all to strengthen Celtic.

Part of a cunning plan to help the blue hordes promotion push so they can get back to the traditional 'only 4 games matter each season?

BBC now saying its been agreed

£275k plus Dylan McGeouch (permanant)  Liam Henderson (Loan)

Only thing holding it up is all 3 players agreeing terms

Tim's have confirmed it as a done deal on a 4 year contract....  this is fucking bizarre signing for them.

He's not even as good as what they currently have for the position let alone better and he's a staunch hun.

If they really wanted to sign an attacking midfield prodigy they should have gone for christie from ict

A lot of folk saying LVG pulled the plug on the transfer rather than Pedro rejecting United. Not sure how much truth there is in that, I'd say money probably talked. Possibly above falcao, or he'll play instead of Willian and cuadrado

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: