Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Langfield on crutches

Give the boy a chance for fucks sake.

I gave him 85mins of looking pretty poor, but when he had the chance to play a simple ball in to 1 of 4 players running past him through the pars defence and would have been 1 on 1 with the goalie but decided head backwards and take on a midfielder then trip over the ball - I really knew he was gash. To add insult to injury we were then told that it was a vastly improved performance from him compared to the Peterheid game. He did get a header on target from a cross after that which the keeper had to make a smart save from but if he is going to be utilised its going to be him sitting up front and hitting balls at his heid.

He has seen the geezer play so at least it's an informed opinion. For once.

Yeah in the same way that he's also seen Hendrie play for us and his opinion of him has differed from nearly every report of the game I've read and heard about from people who were there.  ;)

I gave him 85mins 

Brilliant.

Anybody recall the circumstances which resulted in Mr Irvine taking over between the sticks?

Theo, who for some reason never seemed to click on trips to Easter Road, got himself sent off away to Hibs while conceding a penalty (possibly 1 yellow for the foul, and a second for arguing about it? can someone older confirm?). Irvine came on, there being no sub keeper in those days, and saved the penalty.

Theo, who for some reason never seemed to click on trips to Easter Road, got himself sent off away to Hibs while conceding a penalty (possibly 1 yellow for the foul, and a second for arguing about it? can someone older confirm?). Irvine came on, there being no sub keeper in those days, and saved the penalty.

No if I remember right Theo punched Keith Wright. There was a penalty involved though I remember that. May Theo felt Wright dived and then punched him.

No if I remember right Theo punched Keith Wright. There was a penalty involved though I remember that. May Theo felt Wright dived and then punched him.

Aye, Theo picked Wright up off the ground and smacked him one. But I'm pretty certain van de Ven went in goals that day (we lost 4-2).  Did Irvine not go in against the vermin when that cheating cunt McCoist kicked Theo in the face when Pittodrie was waterlogged, drew 0-0?

Aye, Theo picked Wright up off the ground and smacked him one. But I'm pretty certain van de Ven went in goals that day (we lost 4-2).  Did Irvine not go in against the vermin when that cheating cunt McCoist kicked Theo in the face when Pittodrie was waterlogged, drew 0-0?

Was it nae 0-1 And Irvine saved a pen?

Been talking to Brian directly on Facebook and he confirmed he played in goal THREE TIMES!!!  As you`ve said there was a 0-0 draw against Rangers when Mr Snelders was badly hurt, a 2-0 Hamilton Accies scoreline when Jim Leighton got injured and a

1-0 defeat to Hibernian at Easter Road when Theo got sent off and he saved a penalty!

Been talking to Brian directly on Facebook and he confirmed he played in goal THREE TIMES!!!  As you`ve said there was a 0-0 draw against Rangers when Mr Snelders was badly hurt, a 2-0 Hamilton Accies scoreline when Jim Leighton got injured and a

1-0 defeat to Hibernian at Easter Road when Theo got sent off and he saved a penalty!

Good work Lee!  I've got a picture somewhere of Leighton being taken off at Hamilton in that game, and his head was bandaged up, must have been a bad one and probably put paid to a potential modelling career after he was finished playing.

Bobby, the Rangers and Hamilton games bamboozle me because as I said to Brian I don`t recall either of these two ocassions.  Only started watching The Dons properly not long after we won SKOL Cup Final in 1989 and didn`t goto a game until April 1991 so how I`ve forgotten them I`m not quite sure!  I do however remember the Hibernian spot-kick drama hence why I thought it was just once he stood in for us.   

Bobby, the Rangers and Hamilton games bamboozle me because as I said to Brian I don`t recall either of these two ocassions.  Only starting watching The Dons properly not long after we won SKOL Cup Final in 1989 and didn`t goto a game until April 1991 so how I`ve forgotten them I`m not quite sure!  I do however remember the Hibernian spot-kick drama hence why I thought it was just once he stood in for us. 

The Hamilton game would have been 86/87 season.

The monkeys game was Oct 90, as posted above. The pitch was covered in water and should never have gone ahead, that cheating horrible bastard McCoist went sliding in on Theo and kicked him on the face, breaking his jaw in several places.