Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

McGhee octomistic

Mark McGhee commented today that he is octomistic he will have secured eight new signings before the season starts.

"Willie and I have been manning the phones, constantly taking calls from agents but we only have one set of arms each.  You'd have to be a spider to keep up!"

The manager also trampled rumours that Leitch was on his way out of the club with Paul Incey-wincey as his replacement.  "I don't know where those rumours have came from but someone's spun a web of deceit and I want to squash this story before it grows any more arms or legs".

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1775865

McGhee turns to Gothenburg Greats

By Sean Wallace

Published: 10/06/2010

SEARCH: Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee.

More Pictures

MARK McGhee today revealed he will use his Gothenburg Great connections to find new players for Aberdeen FC.

Aberdeen FC boss McGhee is looking to source as many as six new signings ahead of the SPL kick-off on August 14.

McGhee will turn to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish and Sunderland assistant boss Eric Black for assistance.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1775865#ixzz0qRamniCC

Looks like it will be loans then

We're down to 6 signings now?  I'm worried about next season.

I think the more worrying words there are, as many as.... :-\ Kinda leaves scope for less. Or am I reading too much into that? We all know we need at least 6 players in. I've already made my fears for next season known, but I am hoping that the club/MM pulls it out of the bag.

I think the more worrying words there are, as many as.... :-\ Kinda leaves scope for less. Or am I reading too much into that? We all know we need at least 6 players in. I've already made my fears for next season known, but I am hoping that the club/MM pulls it out of the bag.

We can't even afford the bag to pull it out of. ::)