Ifil

Considine/Grassi

Foster/New Guy

Pawlett

Fyvie

New Guy

Aluko

Kyle/Other Target Man

Midfield is very lightweight and inexperienced there Slim. We really do need a midfielder with a big presence, something we've been lacking for a while.

Yep, I expected him to go for an experienced deep lying central midfielder, someone to replace Mark Kerr to sit in front of the defence and let Fyvie and Pawlett (I'm presuming he sees Fyvie as a starter next season and his omission of Pawlett from his winger comment hopefully means he sees him more in a central-ish role) produce more. Unless he's hoping he can persuade Kerr or McDonald to stay.

Yep, I expected him to go for an experienced deep lying central midfielder, someone to replace Mark Kerr to sit in front of the defence and let Fyvie and Pawlett (I'm presuming he sees Fyvie as a starter next season and his omission of Pawlett from his winger comment hopefully means he sees him more in a central-ish role) produce more. Unless he's hoping he can persuade Kerr or McDonald to stay.

Please don't post that on a public forum. That's a horrendous thing to say.  :

I'd be happy with Pawlett playing from a more central area, but do think he'd need a fair bit of protection in that position.

I have to say, those were my immediate thoughts as well slim when i was reading that article. He best not be hoping/counting on those two pretenders to stay. It concerns me greatly that he doesn't view this as a problem position, as even if fyvie is going to start there, we'll still need someone else to play in that position. Its been a problem for years and it needs to be addressed!

Guest ally s

Unless you're all mind readers you don't have a clue if he sees this as a problem position or not.

Let's just wait and see what the summer brings before pressing any panic buttons.

I no longer take anything as read.

It's moving goalposts, smoke and mirrors and an extra portion of bullshit on the side.

What happens is completely out of the club's control and we'll get whatever players we're left with.

AFC are now like the fat plukey minger at the dance. No way will we get what we really want but at the end of the day there is still a hole there somewhere, so somebody will inevitably end up filling it.

Ally i'm not pressing the panic button. It was pressed long ago ;) seriously though, as tsr said, we needed 10 players that were of first team quality, obviously we weren't going to get 10 but we need more than 3! I know the season is not long over, but i sense that this is going to be a very long summer. I just hope mcghee manager to pull a few more signings out the bag. We need some serious grit in that team.

• 3 weeks later...
Grassi agrees new deal with Aberdeen FC

Davide delighted to be coming back

By Sean Wallace

Published: 16/06/2010

ITALIAN defender Davide Grassi today revealed he has agreed a new one-year deal with Aberdeen FC.

Mark McGhee initially offered Grassi a short-term six month contract.

But the former Parma youngster insisted he was worth a longer deal and successfully thrashed out an extended offer during showdown talks.

Grassi said: “I got what I wanted as I have agreed a one-year contract with Aberdeen FC.”