Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Fast track to relegation

Moaning about lack of strikers? Why the fuck sell Miller and loan out Maguire then? And he mentions the only one he has at the club who wasnt on the pitch was Grimmer (a midfielder). Seems to have forgotten about Megginsson?

Says he hasnt had the oppertunity to strengthen the squad. He's had 2 transfer windows. Why does he think he can suddenly do it in 1?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its going over old ground Bobby, but I wonder if he ever really had it in the first place.

Still think all the nonsence about the Howkers job had a hugely detrimental effect upon AFC.

Will he, won't he......eventually he does, and immediately spouts off further about Celtic Football Club before he had even wedged his arse into the hot seat.

Did all of this have an impact upon the playing squad and the way they viewed Dingus. Did they think, he doesn't really want to be here, didn't want to manage us etc etc.

I honestly don't know. Like you I also don't know what our next move should be.

The couple of things I do know is that there isn't the spirit amongst the players and supporters that there was back in '95 that galvanised us all and created the monemtum to see us to safety, and secondly anyone that thinks we can't go the next five games without picking up a win need only look at our results to date against these teams.

We really are potentially in the very very deep stuff

Totally agree Al which is the really scary thing - I remember being at Tynecastle in 1995 and the players and support that day were both tremendous - we don't have that at all now - I was expecting to go to the Falkirk game next week but no-one appears to be up for it and it has now become our most important match of the season

Moaning about lack of strikers? Why the fuck sell Miller and loan out Maguire then? And he mentions the only one he has at the club who wasnt on the pitch was Grimmer (a midfielder). Seems to have forgotten about Megginsson?

Says he hasnt had the oppertunity to strengthen the squad. He's had 2 transfer windows. Why does he think he can suddenly do it in 1?

Exactly Penfold

Come the summer.......

Lost Lee Miller, blah, blah ,blah

Two transfer windows to get players in.

Lack of strikers.....Bebo and Megginson out on loan......fucking sick of it, always going to be different next week

The couple of things I do know is that there isn't the spirit amongst the players and supporters that there was back in '95 that galvanised us all and created the monemtum to see us to safety, and secondly anyone that thinks we can't go the next five games without picking up a win need only look at our results to date against these teams.

We really are potentially in the very very deep stuff

that's a good point Al, and perhaps you could add in that there isn't the spirit within the club either.  Remember the club paying for all the buses for the match at Firhill that season and there was an absolutely huge number of Dandies at that game and I think they did similar for the Tynecastle match.  They also almost bargained with us, they assured us that were we to stay up, the squad would have significant investment in the summer.  In fairness, both sides (us and the club) kept their part of the bargain, just a shame the investment didn't turn out as hoped.  However, will there be a similar pledge this time around from Milne? If our predicament at the moment doesn't twist his arm on the funds available to the manager, then simply nothing will.

Then provided Smurn and Killie both also lose/draw (both are away from home) we would still be 5 or 6 points off bottom spot, but with one fewer game to play. This is why it will be difficult for us to go down. I'm not saying it's impossible BTW, just very very unlikely.

We are 5 or 6 points above 3 teams, have to play all 3 teams ourselves and they have to play each other. MASSIVE factor.

I'm not convinced the split works at all for us.  Given that we have lost against every one of the bottom six already this season and there are few signs we will win a game again this season the sides below us are odds on to pick up 3pts on us, then only needing one win each from their other four games to draw level/move above us.  We did more in the "Never Again" (sic) season (and yes I realise the split wasn't in place then).

The contrast in attitude with 95 is, as has been pointed out, stark.  The other difference is that then we had to haul ourselves off the bottom, we had to win otherwise we were down.  This season I don't think until this week anybody at the club, or in the support, seriously thought we could go down.  This has resulted in the increasing lack of fight and desire both on and off the pitch as we drifted toward the end of the season and a 7th or 8th place finish.  Problem is we have been like this for so many weeks now that I can't see it being turned around in time and we are left clinging onto the hope the others don't pick up points rather than a hope that we might

put that total disgrace of a squad on half wages with the "win" bonus the other half, because if this club goes down they wont even get a taxi fare to the train station.

Bunch of tossers who dont give less of a fuck about Aberdeen Football club or its fans.

Oh and to those who want MM out. If we have no money to bring in even half decent players, where the FUCK are we going to get the cash to pay off his contract?

put that total disgrace of a squad on half wages with the "win" bonus the other half, because if this club goes down they wont even get a taxi fare to the train station.

Bunch of tossers who dont give less of a fuck about Aberdeen Football club or its fans.

Oh and to those who want MM out. If we have no money to bring in even half decent players, where the FUCK are we going to get the cash to pay off his contract?

His contract expires at the end of the season.

So you want somebody incompetent in charge of the team? Today we had 7500 people at the game at half price. Numbers wont increase with him in charge. Getting rid of him is cost effective.

My huge problem with McGhee and the team is that we're so easy to beat - we have no organisation, no fight and no creativity, we're just a team of toiling individuals.

I have seen absolutely no signs of encouragement that things can improve next season.

Sad to say it but its time for McGhee to go and give someone else a chance, otherwise we could easily be playing 1st division fitba next season.

Has this been confirmed?  I thought he was on a two year contract.

He is on a 1 year "rolling" contract. This means that at any day of the year, he has 365 days left on his contract. If we (or he) wanted to end the contract without any payoff or compensation being payable we/he would have to give 365 days notice.

Sigh, right here goes.  After calming the fuk doon with a half bottle of red.

Why does sacking MM make things better for next season? Look at where the cash came from for giving JC his jotters came from.  Any spare cash for wages or transfers THIS season went straight in the pockets of cuprinol man, and so we find ourselves with a thread bear squad of overpaid wannabes getting fucked ower by all sorts.

So. If we then use MORE money on paying MM and the rest of the management team off, where does that leave NEXT seasons player budget? With a new manager who is expected to achieve a top 6 finish, never mind where we are now?  No.  I suspect things would be EVEN TIGHTER and we wouldnt even be top half of the first.

No. I say stop the madness, give MM any the support of any cash going and at least give him an opportunity to build his OWN squad.

No. Sack him. The players he has signed have been without exception, shite. No point wasting cash on him getting players in, need to get a new manager in. It's like the couple who've fallen out of love. They shouldn't have a baby to see if it gets better, thy should just go their seperate ways, much like AFC and Mark McGhee

No. Sack him. The players he has signed have been without exception, shite. No point wasting cash on him getting players in, need to get a new manager in. It's like the couple who've fallen out of love. They shouldn't have a baby to see if it gets better, thy should just go their seperate ways, much like AFC and Mark McGhee

Unfortunately I think this is accurate.  The signing players bit in particular worries me going on what we've had already.

I know I said give him til christmas but suddenly I feel a retraction coming upon me. Just make them play like some sort of professional team Mark. Money is a matter for summer, piss poor, disjointed efforts are straight from the training ground and that lies with the gaffer (and leitch). Get it together boys!!

But yet the man's been in the job five minutes. The complaint that managers in football arent getting any time in the game is alive and well.

I know where you're coming from, but I just worry. He's had two transfer windows which have been pretty shambolic.  It looks like the players aren't playing for him and haven't been for some time - it could be argued they never have been. It seems there is no cohesion, no spirit and with the run of matches we have coming up that is the most worrying part as it's apparent he is unable to galvanise the useless cunts.

What if we can't move on the players he wants to move on? They stay on and still have no interest in playing for the guy, they will get him the sack if that's their perogative, they're a shower of cunts if that is the case but can we afford to take the chance? If someone could guarantee me that we will be safe I will - grudgingly - accept McGhee as manager for next season, but that rope is tightening around his neck and I hate to say that because when I was a wee kid I thought he was fantastic, one of the first footballers I ever admired and I don't want the seperation to be in such sad and bitter circumastances. But the welfare of AFC comes first.

But yet the man's been in the job five minutes. The complaint that managers in football arent getting any time in the game is alive and well.

In 3 seasons in the SPL he's finished top 6 once. He claimed he had the best team outside the SPL and then went on to finish 7th, he's now taken a team that finished 4th and taken them to a relegation fight. He's not a good manager and he shouldn't be at Aberdeen. If he stays then I hope to god he turns it around but as it is I still rate him as highly as I did when he was at Motherwell, which is not very highly at all.

If you can tell me what you see in this guy that makes you think he's got it in him to change this then I might be swayed but at the moment I don't imagine anyone can put up an argument in his favour. If he has plans to change things next season why wasn't anyone signed on pre-contracts in January? He's done nothing to address the problems in the team. All he's done so far is compound them.