Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Fast track to relegation

I think it's now obvious that this is no longer a 'team'....it's merely a collection of individuals in red shirts who are floundering and all paddling in different directions.

The collective soul of the club was lost the second the Raith Rovers guy scored against us at Pittodrie and we now no longer have any idea at all how to perform even the basics of the game.

The management have obviously lost the dressing room (long been lost I believe) and McGhee is no longer capable of instilling the belief and tactical know-how that we need.

If he had any decency at all, he would resign immediately. Unfortunately he doesn't, and he won't.

Even then, it would probably be too late.

I fear that all we can do now is pray that the 3 clubs below us can't pick up enough points over the next 5 games, because we've lost the capability to determine games for ourselves.

I thought the spectre of relegation, and the utterly devastating effect it would have on the club, was gone....but no, a series of remarkably foolish and short-sighted decisions by the board has brought it back knocking on the door.

All we can do now is sit back up hope that Falkirk, Killie or St Mirren don't get enough points.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving the country for the whole of May - thank fuck  >:D

I said McGhee would get sacked for being pish around about the same time as the previous managers contract would have been up. I now hope it will be much sooner.

I agree he clearly has lost the dressing room so is not the man to take us into the last vital 5 games. Who can step in as an intrim  till the end of the season though. WM? Leitch? Maybe the fans that turn upto the games can each get a shot.

Guest leith_red

I agree he clearly has lost the dressing room so is not the man to take us into the last vital 5 games. Who can step in as an intrim  till the end of the season though. WM? Leitch? Maybe the fans that turn upto the games can each get a shot.

Jocky Scott?

I thought I was joking when I said a few months back that the only excitement we had left was a relegation dogfight...

Although we are yet to see any actual fight from this shower of useless cunts.

Now even Langfield and Diamond are fucking up.

McGhee appears to have some kind of reverse Midas touch.

Although it would still take a pretty massive series if calamities for us to actually go down, it is starting to feel more and more likely!

FFS!  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

Whether we stay up or go down, McGhee should not be our manager next season.

The right-back position was a problem in his very first game, a 5-1 humping. Almost a whole season on and he has still not (successfully) addressed that problem. The brightest hope we had for that position is now playing for Peterhead.

Mark Kerr continues to be used and defended even though he is utter shite, he doesnt want to play for the club and we have a far better player than him sitting on the bench! Before some cunt says "he's our best ball-winner" it's fucking pointless winning the ball if he's just going to give it straight back after failing an attempt at a 8 yard pass or scooping the ball upwards to nowhere.

It's no fucking surprise our best form of the season was when Fyvie was breaking into the side and our worst has been since McGhee has started "resting" him for some unknown fucking reason. I understand we can't expect him to play every match to his highest standard but jesus fuck we're playing left backs and strikers in midfield instead of him!

If we lose to Falkirk next week we're fucked. We're playing against the 5 bottom sides in the league but I have no confidence at all that McGhee can put out a team to win any of them.

I heard a rumour, and it's purely that obviously, that Willie McStay is lurking in the background ready to take over and steady the ship. I heard this about a week ago. I'm 99 percent certain it's absolute bollocks though.

Would you take Willie?  :o

I heard a rumour, and it's purely that obviously, that Willie McStay is lurking in the background ready to take over and steady the ship. I heard this about a week ago. I'm 99 percent certain it's absolute bollocks though.

I have a Celtic supporting mate who rate's him very highly and wants him as the next Celtic manager

It's very difficult for us to go down because of the split and the 6 point gap which we already have. In fact we need to lose every game and almost every single other fixture would have to go exactly the way we don't want it to. Which is hardly reassuring and it's a farce that we're in this position in the first place, but hey ho.

Even 3 draws SHOULD keep us safe.

It's very difficult for us to go down because of the split and the 6 point gap which we already have. In fact we need to lose every game and almost every single other fixture would have to go exactly the way we don't want it to. Which is hardly reassuring and it's a farce that we're in this position in the first place, but hey ho.

Even 3 draws SHOULD keep us safe.  :o

Jocky Scott?

Would do for me, until end of season.

Seriously worried we could get relegated unless McGhee gets replaced ASAP.  Why the fuck persist with Kerr, let alone give him the captain's arm band?  He's fucking woeful.

The clowns that keep comparing Calderwood and McGhee need to give themselves a shake.  Comparing McGhee with A. Miller and Paterson would be more nearer the truth, sadly.

And Penfold, good post.  Completely agree.

Come on - I cannae get my heid round the matchs/points situation - can ye nae go into a bit more details or do some graphs or something - something to help put my mind at ease?

Just think of it as this: the split works in our favour because all teams in the relegation scrap have to face each other. So even if one of Falkirk, Killie or Smurn goes on a 'run' of results, by definition (because of the split) they will do so by taking points off other teams who are already below us! Basically if we beat Falkirk on Saturday we are already virtually safe and only require one point thereafter to make it mathematically so.

This of course is what the split is intended to achieve - having all the teams in the same situation (title, Europe, relegation) playing against each other.

Just think of it as this: the split works in our favour because all teams in the relegation scrap have to face each other. So even if one of Falkirk, Killie or Smurn goes on a 'run' of results, by definition (because of the split) they will do so by taking points off other teams who are already below us! Basically if we beat Falkirk on Saturday we are already virtually safe and only require one point thereafter to make it mathematically so.

This of course is what the split is intended to achieve - having all the teams in the same situation (title, Europe, relegation) playing against each other.

But would you take Willie?

And if it's a draw or Falkirk win?

Then provided Smurn and Killie both also lose/draw (both are away from home) we would still be 5 or 6 points off bottom spot, but with one fewer game to play. This is why it will be difficult for us to go down. I'm not saying it's impossible BTW, just very very unlikely.

We are 5 or 6 points above 3 teams, have to play all 3 teams ourselves and they have to play each other. MASSIVE factor.

Guest leith_red

Then provided Smurn and Killie both also lose/draw (both are away from home) we would still be 5 or 6 points off bottom spot, but with one fewer game to play. This is why it will be difficult for us to go down. I'm not saying it's impossible BTW, just very very unlikely.

We are 5 or 6 points above 3 teams, have to play all 3 teams ourselves and they have to play each other. MASSIVE factor.

Dundee were 9 points clear at the split in the season they got relegated.

I honestly don't know what's best for us now. There is a huge danger that if the board do nothing - their preferred option, I would guess going on previous experiece - we continue to lose every week and we could be relegated. Not only that, the players that will be with us next season will have their confidence eroded, which doesn't augur well for next season.

If they were to sack McGhee, they would need to have someone come in immediately. But, whoever comes in has to work with the same god awful players. Will anyone get anymore out of these guys? And if they can, are there not questions over the professionalism of the players then? This would point to them actively getting a man the sack. I'm sure none of us want people like that representing our team.

However, if a new man was to come in, and actually gave us a bit of a lift in what is left of the season, he would at least then know what he needs for next season and he'd have the time to sort out the squad as he wants it in the summer.

As I said, I really don't know what to think is best for us at the moment. I knew we were going to lose today, our players are pea hearted imposters and we have a manager who seems to have lost the plot around the same time he lost the dressing room which was quite a while ago now.

I know its going over old ground Bobby, but I wonder if he ever really had it in the first place.

Still think all the nonsence about the Howkers job had a hugely detrimental effect upon AFC.

Will he, won't he......eventually he does, and immediately spouts off further about Celtic Football Club before he had even wedged his arse into the hot seat.

Did all of this have an impact upon the playing squad and the way they viewed Dingus. Did they think, he doesn't really want to be here, didn't want to manage us etc etc.

I honestly don't know. Like you I also don't know what our next move should be.

The couple of things I do know is that there isn't the spirit amongst the players and supporters that there was back in '95 that galvanised us all and created the monemtum to see us to safety, and secondly anyone that thinks we can't go the next five games without picking up a win need only look at our results to date against these teams.

We really are potentially in the very very deep stuff