Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

LSC v AFC

Aberdeen travel down to Tynecastle on Wednesday trailing hearts by four points but with two games less played. I expect hearts to put up a far stiffer challenge compared to the game game a few weeks ago where we won comfortably 2-0.

In/Oot: In

Prematch: Roseburn bar

Match: Doon the front

Postmatch: 5 min walk back to my flat

Prediction: 1-1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark McGhee spoke to RedTV at lunchtime ahead of the trip to Tynecastle.

Mark McGhee"We've been looking forward to January but it's stalled because of the weeks we've had off, but now we're looking to get our teeth in to it.

"I've spoken to the players about their preparation and their training for each match. We'll make sure they have every opportunity to get their energy back between games, they'll have the chance for rubs, ice baths and all the fancy gizmos that we can afford to make sure they're as fresh as they can be for each game.

"I think the next month will define our season. I like to think the St Mirren result was a blip in what has been a run of three wins out of the last four games.

"There's absolutely no doubt we are a better team with Lee Miller in the team, so on the back of having won three out of four and with Lee back, I hope for further improvement.

"Sone Aluko's prognosis has been amended, we expect Sone to be available for the Hibs game. The surgery he had has solved the problem he had and now he has to get fit.

"There isn't that much changed at Hearts since we played them two or three weeks ago. At the end of the day they have to play better and they can play better than they did that day, but we can play better than the way we played that day and we're improving at the moment.

"Tynecastle for whatever reason is always a difficult place to win, you've got to do something really well to go there and win, but we've beaten them before and hopefully we can again.

"I would like to have a bigger group of players, but I'm not going to add players who are a short term fix in order to beat Motherwell on Saturday or Hibs next week. Steven MacLean that I was interested in and Darren Barr were long term targets.

"We don't have enough money spare to indulge ourselves by signing someone until the end of the season when I could use that money to stick on packages for players in the long."

Supporters Information

Would supporters' buses please be aware there may be alcohol checks on the way down to the game.

Supporters' buses should park in the usual place, which is on Russell Road.

There are no more tickets available for the away end from Pittodrie. However there will be 2 cash turnstiles in operation on Wednesday night. There is a limited number of tickets available from the turnstiles so as always we would recommend you arrive in good time.

confused0009.gif Aye, aye!

Aberdeen FC’s Mackie has killer touch

Says Aberdeen FC keeper Jamie Langfield

By Sean Wallace

Published: 26/01/2010

ABERDEEN FC’s “goalie killer†Darren Mackie was today tipped to shoot down Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow.

The striker’s team-mates have given him that tag due to his do-or-die attitude on the pitch.

Aberdeen FC keeper Jamie Langfield has experienced first hand the sight of Mackie bearing down on him.

The towering keeper has been on the wrong end of some crunching challenges from Mackie during ‘friendlies’ in training.

And in a clash where physical prowess, as much as skill, will be tested against Hearts, he reckons Mackie’s steel will be vital.

Going on that article I take it we will be playing the 4-4-1-1 again tonight, with Herr Mackie up on his lonesome. I can accept that with the squad situation but going on how poor we have played in the last few games with that formation and hearts being cloggers I cant see tonight being the best game of football.

Guest rocket debris

Miller & Mackie tonight but with no Pawlett we need a big performance from our midfield to supply them with service. One thing is certain, Hearts will not be as bad as they were in the cup game.