Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in thoughts:

The back 4? What the hell! Is the tombola back or something? It worked out in the end, but I was pretty nervous when I seen it. Why was Derek Young playing at RB, we have a youngster (Crawford I think he's called) who is a promising right back, if at 19 years old he isn't a better right back then Derek Young, what's the point in having him on the books at all? Young had a pretty poor game all round- at one point Fyvie was shouting at him telling him where he should be running ???

The CB pairing of Ifil and Mulgrew was pretty good though. Ifil was having a no nonsence day, going for a punt with almost every ball, not pretty but very effective, he was the only guy who could deal with Nade & (other black guy) when they both came on.

Mackie was truly amazing today, if he knew how to finish he could easily have got 3 or 4.

Hearts offered almost nothing to the game. Decent snowball fight out the back of the South though at half time though.

Guest rocket debris

Why was Derek Young playing at RB...

I didn't see that. In the 90+ minutes that I watched, pretty sure it was 3-5-2

Mackie was truly amazing today, if he knew how to finish he could easily have got 3 or 4.

He was excellent, in his work rate and commitment, as usual. Terrible attempted lob early doors, brilliant header, incredible how he missed from 3 yards but got the reward his endeavour deserved from 4 feet with an empty net to stick it in to.

Hearts offered almost nothing to the game.

Agreed. They were pure dead bowff byraway.

David Templeton, their second half sub, was rejected by us aged 15. I saw him play for Stenhousemuir v. Montrose a couple of years ago and he was 16 years old and fantastic. I note he skinned Mulgrew beautifully within a minute of coming on. Good prospect.

Guest rocket debris

Was clearly a 4-4-2 rocket.

It was not clearly 4-4-2. We had Mulgrew, Ross and Ifil at the back. Kerr was holding in front of the back three in the first half and was anonymous then must have got a rocket up his arse at HT cos his commitment in the tackle was superb in the 2nd half. Young was pushing from the mid right side and was never right back all day.