Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Holy Mother of Jesus: AWPR Approved

glasgow sheep

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus fucking Christ.  I want to chin the cunt.

Advisor on planning / transport matters to Kingswells Infrastructure First Group (opposing proposed Aberdeen FC stadium on greenbelt site) 2002-2003.

Well there's a fucking surprise.  I had almost forgotten about that shower of cunts.

• 2 months later...

They better start building this fucker soon! 3 hours to get from Westhill to Aberdeen today.

There's also no (safe) way of walking between Westhill and Aberdeen in the dark if the main road is shut.

Fucking boo.

That was an absolute joke.  I gambled and took the blacktop road which would have been ok had it not been for lorries and buses trying to squeeze down a road that's only just wide enough for two cars to pass.

That was an absolute joke.  I gambled and took the blacktop road which would have been ok had it not been for lorries and buses trying to squeeze down a road that's only just wide enough for two cars to pass.

I (eventually) got a bus that took me out to Peterculter, then along the North Deeside Road, the traffic coming the other way was unreal, the queue went back to the Cricket ground.

Also, the copper I spoke to at the scene said the road is unlikely to be open for rushhour the morn (joy).

Although, to put my inconvenience into context: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/north/279635-one-person-injured-in-north-east-road-crash/

I read unconfirmed reports that the mother has now died as well.

Latest:

NEWS: A midweek road accident in Aberdeenshire has claimed its second life.

Grampian Police have confirmed the 77 year old driver of the second car involved in Wednesdays crash at Kingswells has died.

He and his elderly wife had been taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after the 2 car accident.

Her condition is still described as serious.

16 month old toddler Callum Bruce was also killed, and his mother Fiona remains in a critical condition in hospital.

Grampian police are urging any witnesses to come forward.

• 3 months later...

Appeals all thrown out - full steam ahead!

Campaigners trying to prevent the construction of the Aberdeen bypass have lost their legal challenge.

The 28-mile Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR) was originally given the go-ahead by Scottish ministers in December 2009 after a public inquiry.

William Walton, from protest group Road Sense, lodged a legal bid to block construction of the £400m road.

A judge rejected that and Mr Walton then appealed against the decision.

The appeal, before judges in Edinburgh, was heard in December.

Road Sense argued the process of route selection was "fundamentally flawed and unjust".

However, many business leaders in the area support the scheme.

The appeal went ahead after it was agreed Mr Walton's costs would be covered, win or lose.

The full appeal ruling will be released later.

:bandwagon:

• 2 weeks later...
Surprise 11th-hour bid to change bypass route

By Shona Gossip

Published: 13/03/2012

A LANDOWNER has tabled an 11th-hour change to the route of the Aberdeen bypass – a move which could delay the project for years.

David Strang Steel, from the Sluie Estate Trust, fears the junction drawn up for Stonehaven – a roundabout controlled by traffic lights – will cause major congestion and create a new traffic nightmare for the north-east.

The trust has spent £500,000 drafting an alternative design, dubbed the “Stonehaven solution”, ensuring it has been done to the same standard as the government’s plans. It is also offering to give up 65 acres of land for the scheme which, instead of traffic lights, would have a flyover junction to ensure traffic does not need to stop and start.

For the love of fuck.

Is this suggesting the plans are for a roundabout on the a90?  Which fucking idiot thought that up?

Aye. It does sound like this other guy's solution is better. I wasn't expecting it to be built in my life time anyway.

When are construction staring?

Holy shit what a spazzock.  :hammer:

In a not unrelated story......

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2683239

Go-ahead for new Don bridge to ease gridlock

By David McKay

Published: 15/03/2012

Bookmark with:

BRIDGE THAT GAP: One of the design options put forward for the new crossing over the River Don between Grandholm and Tillydrone in Aberdeen

BRIDGE THAT GAP: One of the design options put forward for the new crossing over the River Don between Grandholm and Tillydrone in Aberdeen

SCOTTISH ministers have cleared the way for a third crossing over the River Don in Aberdeen, signalling the end of a decades-long wait for north-east commuters.

City council officials were told yesterday there was an “established need” for another bridge to help ease gridlock in the north of the city.

The decision will allow the local authority to proceed with the £15.8million project, which has been mooted in various forms since the 1960s.

So how long will this take?