🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Obiefule

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For those who dont read Dansk

The young and technically good midfielder Paul Obiefule signed a three year contract with HBK today.

Obiefule debuterte the Nigerian land battle in 2004

He played the Danish Viborg in theLightning before the strong konkurranse with Norwegian and Utenlandskeclubs in July 2007 he signert for one year, a contract which laterdiaper forlenget. The Lightning played the 23-Ã¥ringer 61 matches and scored 6 goals.

For those who dont read Dansk

If you read the rest of the translation, there is a startling comment at the end:

He (Paul Obiefule) was a cheap player for us, "said Geir Havard in a comment after the contract was signed.

AFC must be in some very serious trouble if he was going to be the "highest" paid player at Todders!

STAND FREE!!

Maybe it refers to the transfer fee rather than wages...same applies though I guess since the tenner they were presumably asking was beyond our means.

I can't honestly say I ever expected him to sign though. Ah well, make do and mend!

Have to say, I agree with you, it sounded too good to be true. Especially our luck with transfers!

If you read the rest of the translation, there is a startling comment at the end:

He (Paul Obiefule) was a cheap player for us, "said Geir Havard in a comment after the contract was signed.

AFC must be in some very serious trouble if he was going to be the "highest" paid player at Todders!

STAND FREE!!

Maybe it refers to the transfer fee rather than wages...same applies though I guess since the tenner they were presumably asking was beyond our means.

I can't honestly say I ever expected him to sign though. Ah well, make do and mend!

From what I read, Obiefule only signed for HBK after hearing that McGhee showed preference towards Paul Marshall.

International-status doesn't necessarily mean "good player". Rememember, we were continually reminded that Laurent D'Jaffo was a Benin International. Ilian Kiriakov was the Bulgarian international who apparently played Gazza off the park once. And I'm sure someone's still going to refer to Mackie as a "former Scotland U21 internationalist"

From what I read, Obiefule only signed for HBK after hearing that McGhee showed preference towards Paul Marshall.

International-status doesn't necessarily mean "good player". Rememember, we were continually reminded that Laurent D'Jaffo was a Benin International. Ilian Kiriakov was the Bulgarian international who apparently played Gazza off the park once. And I'm sure someone's still going to refer to Mackie as a "former Scotland U21 internationalist"

Spot on.

Hopefully Marshall (if he signs) will prove McGhee was right to take his interest in Obiefule no further.

If we sign Marshall or O'Brien then you would have to say this has been a reasonably positive experience, all things considered.

Manager identifies problem with service from midfield

Manager identifies four potential solutions, Higgins, Marshall, O'Brien & Obiefule

Manager tests out options through trials and contract negotiations

Manager focuses in on best option and signs him (hopefully)

Aside from all the flannel and conjecture from the media, agents, players and fans this looks like a pretty robust process to me.

Now lets see the same process employed on a goalscorer and an uncompromising holding midfielder.

If we sign Marshall or O'Brien then you would have to say this has been a reasonably positive experience, all things considered.

Manager identifies problem with service from midfield

Manager identifies four potential solutions, Higgins, Marshall, O'Brien & Obiefule

Manager tests out options through trials and contract negotiations

Manager focuses in on best option and signs him (hopefully)

Aside from all the flannel and conjecture from the media, agents, players and fans this looks like a pretty robust process to me.

Now lets see the same process employed on a goalscorer and an uncompromising holding midfielder.

Hate be unnecessarily negative, but I imagine the process was determined more by availablity than the best footballing option.

Hate be unnecessarily negative, but I imagine the process was determined more by availablity than the best footballing option.

Absolutely, hence the 'trials and contract negotiations' comment. However depressing that might be its the reality of the situation so has to be one of the decision making criteria whether we like it or not. Ergo, robust process.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not over, not over, not over yet.

Aberdeen FC back in for Obiefule

McGhee keen on signing midfielder

By Charlie Allan

Published: 29/12/2009

TALKS: Aberdeen FC are keen to sign Paul Obiefule.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC today stepped up their efforts to sign Nigerian international midfielder Paul Obiefule.

Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee also confirmed he is continuing his pursuit of Plymouth Argyle striker Steven MacLean, despite the fact he is now on trial with Hearts.

Talks with Plymouth defender Jim Paterson are also planned as McGhee bids to bolster his squad in the new year.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1541169#ixzz0b4cJd0E4

It's not over, not over, not over yet.

Aberdeen FC back in for Obiefule

McGhee keen on signing midfielder

By Charlie Allan

Published: 29/12/2009

TALKS: Aberdeen FC are keen to sign Paul Obiefule.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC today stepped up their efforts to sign Nigerian international midfielder Paul Obiefule.

Aberdeen FC manager Mark McGhee also confirmed he is continuing his pursuit of Plymouth Argyle striker Steven MacLean, despite the fact he is now on trial with Hearts.

Talks with Plymouth defender Jim Paterson are also planned as McGhee bids to bolster his squad in the new year.

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1541169#ixzz0b4cJd0E4

WTF  ???

It's a pantomine I'm telling you.

So did the boy not sign for that other team then  ???

Eh?!?! I thought the guy signed for some random team? Has MacLean shown any intesrest that he would sign for us? I'm a bit wary of the club chasing a guy if he hasn't given any indication that he would like to play for the club?

Think we're pissing in the wind with McLean.

If the LSC want him then Mad Vlad will think nothing of increasing their debt to pay him what he wants as a wage. Added to that read this morning [think it was the Retard online ] that McLean is apparently a life long Jambo