Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Great Finishes

manc_don

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell '88 had some crackers. Makes more recent competitions (namely the World Cup in 2006) seem shite. Van Basten saved his best 'till last but all three of his goals there were superb.

The one in that selection against England (he got 3 that day) is a sensational goal I think. If you see a replay of it from behind the goal, he actually scoops the ball up to get it over Adams's foot.  This was after an amazing first touch and turn. Great finish too.

He ripped Tony Adams to pieces that day... I'm not surprised he turned to drink, I think van Basten haunted him from that day on.

The finsih against german too.. Don't think I've ever seen one like it. Such precision whilst hitting the deck. It looked like the German defender was going to make it first.

Just a reminder really at how good Marco really was.  :o

It's a shame that the World Cup in '94 is the first competion that I remember! I was aware of Euro 92 but I can't remember a thing from it. Apart from who won.

The finsih against german too.. Don't think I've ever seen one like it. Such precision whilst hitting the deck. It looked like the German defender was going to make it first.

Just a reminder really at how good Marco really was.  :o

It's a shame that the World Cup in '94 is the first competion that I remember! I was aware of Euro 92 but I can't remember a thing from it. Apart from who won.

Van Basten clearly wasn't fit at Euro 92, just wasn't his usual sharp self and the fact he missed a penalty in the semi v Denmark kind of summed up the tournament for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...