Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Great Finishes

manc_don

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Grauniad's "Best of YouTube" feature this week they have the link to the "lost" Jan Molby goal which was against Man Utd in the Milk Cup during a supposed live TV strike in the mid 80's.  I've heard so much about this goal from both United fans and Kop-ites who were present that upon seeing it, I'm actually a bit disappointed!  I was a big fan of Jan Molby's, I thought he was a fantastic player (not much of a driver though) and as the Grauniad points out... check his pace at the start of the move...

Zidanes goal at hampden is a piece of piss compared to the first one.

Utter nonsense.  Unless you are joking/fishing but i don't believe you are Tom.  The ball is coming square on to Yeboah and the goal.  Look at how awkward Zidane's strike was, left hand side, left foot, contorted his body into some sort of shape AND got it into his near top corner... If tony Yeboah had even attempted that he'd have given himself a hernia.  Of course, he could have attempted it. He couldn't have executed it though.

Utter nonsense.  Unless you are joking/fishing but i don't believe you are Tom.  The ball is coming square on to Yeboah and the goal.  Look at how awkward Zidane's strike was, left hand side, left foot, contorted his body into some sort of shape AND got it into his near top corner... If tony Yeboah had even attempted that he'd have given himself a hernia.  Of course, he could have attempted it. He couldn't have executed it though.

Personal Opinion. If I was fishing id have stuck in Jim Hamiltons goal against Celtic

Heres another one to get your head around. Ive never rated zidane same as I never rated Eoin Jess, Del Piero and various others everyone seems to rave about.

Personal Opinion. If I was fishing id have stuck in Jim Hamiltons goal against Celtic

Heres another one to get your head around. Ive never rated zidane same as I never rated Eoin Jess, Del Piero and various others everyone seems to rave about.

That just kind of confirms to me that you are dead when it comes to football.  As we've discussed before, you love the wee guys winning etc, I love brilliant football.  If you seriously do not rate Zidane, then simply you know fuck all.  No offence Tom, as you seem like a nice bloke, but if thats your view then you clearly know fuck all about the game.  Best of luck to you, however.

That just kind of confirms to me that you are dead when it comes to football.  As we've discussed before, you love the wee guys winning etc, I love brilliant football.  If you seriously do not rate Zidane, then simply you know fuck all.  No offence Tom, as you seem like a nice bloke, but if thats your view then you clearly know fuck all about the game.  Best of luck to you, however.

Bobby I see football as a form of entertainment. The whole discussion of tactics, who we should sign, How far derek Young should be from the touchline is lost to me and ill try to keep out of these subjects. And the strange thing is this seems to wind up certain folk. Case and point, your reaction to hearing I think Zidane is over-rated.

There's a difference though, you said firstly that you didn't rate Zidane et all, now your saying he was over rated? I actually agree if you think its a case of being over rated, there were to many games that passed players like Zidane & Jess to a degree, however for me there's no doubting his amazing ability, hence goals like the champions league final and all the rest of it  :thumbsup:

Bobby I see football as a form of entertainment. The whole discussion of tactics, who we should sign, How far derek Young should be from the touchline is lost to me and ill try to keep out of these subjects. And the strange thing is this seems to wind up certain folk. Case and point, your reaction to hearing I think Zidane is over-rated.

Tom, to say that you do not rate Zidane is entirely different to saying you think he was over rated.

I see football as a form of entertainment, and if it's entertainment you are looking for who better to give you it than guys like Zidane, Del Piero and Jess?  Crawford Baptie, Carlton Palmer and Paul Kane? I get the feeling you may opt for the latter group...

Tom, mate, deary me, put the coke down.

I don't see folk getting so much wound up as utterly incredulous to someone who goes to football matches saying he doesn't rate Zidane, Del Piero or Eoin Jess!

Two all time greats of football, one arguably as good as anyone and one of Aberdeen's best players. All of whom played some of the most entertaining football you are likely to see. More consistently than Tony Yeboah.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...