Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dundee 22/09/2009

Cracker. Calling one of our greatest ever players a cunt.

And as for your second point, you have no basis for saying Meldrum is a better option.

athletes compared to me, at least...

Leighton was a dour faces cunt, legend as a player but as a person bit of a bawbag, to me Meldrum is more hands on, when was the last time you saw Leighton on the pitch at HALFTIME putting the sub goalie through a work out?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you still cut up about that dour faces cunt Leighton?  Meldrum to me seems like a better option, the players are there to please MM not the other way around

Cracker. Calling one of our greatest ever players a cunt.

And as for your second point, you have no basis for saying Meldrum is a better option.

Yeh just heard his interview and he is spot on but our fucking players are no athletes either - they were second to nearly every ball after 20 minutes last night  :hammer: at this moment in time I hate them all  >:D

athletes compared to me, at least...

Captain selection Who do you think would have been better?

Langfield or Zander.

Ability to scout and sign quality playersPicked up a decent central defender, had his budget been the same as Jimmys in his first season I am sure we'd have a few quality players in

Ifil does seem decent (certainly alongside Considine anyway).  Grassi perhaps not so decent.

Man-management of both staff and players you still cut up about that dour faces cunt Leighton? .Meldrum to me seems like a better option, the players are there to please MM not the other way around

Terrible fishing.

Tactical buffoonery he plays a 4-3-3 he gets slaughtered, same happens when he plays a 4-4-2 what do you suggests he does?

Play 4-4-2.

Lacking motivational skills Aye, at 2-0 last night he failed to motivate those players, they are bottlers.

Agreed, we should not be getting beat by lower league opposition.

@bobbybiscuit - I did touch on the money/compensation factor in my earlier post

"unless of course the compensation was paid out of the pockets of our directors which then adds to the confusion and brings up another debate."

Which beggars the question, why invest money in paying someone off but not in the football club?

For me, that's essentially making a business decision that makes a company go under.  Someone should explain this decision as it has been disastrous when you consider the money we've lost by the early knock-outs in both the Europa league and the league cup.

@minijc - I get the impression from your posts that you are happy with the current situation, I really cannot understand how you can defend the indefensible if this is the case.

McGhee has made many errors in his short spell so far, although i'll be the first to acknowledge he's not the only one.

Why on earth should we get rid of somebody for being "dour faces"?

And how do you know how much Leighton was on, and Meldrum is on?

That wasn't a reason, MM thought Meldrum was better, MM is a better judge than you so Leighton had to go, he done next to nothing apart from work with the keeper.

Meldrum already does more work on a match day than Leighton did so meh.

MM is a better judge than you

I wouldn't have picked Kerr as captain, nor played Stuart Duff in centre defence.

he done next to nothing apart from work with the keeper.

I thought he was a goal keeper coach?  And I also think Langfield to be the most consistent keeper in the SPL.

Meldrum already does more work on a match day than Leighton did so meh.

Such as?  Did we win?

Leighton was a dour faces cunt, legend as a player but as a person bit of a bawbag, to me Meldrum is more hands on, when was the last time you saw Leighton on the pitch at HALFTIME putting the sub goalie through a work out?

I'd prefer the goal keeping coach to be working with the goal keeper that is actually on the pitch playing, during the  interval. Even he is just discussing what he should have for tea that night :) .

I'd prefer the goal keeping coach to be working with the goal keeper that is actually on the pitch playing, during the  interval. Even he is just discussing what he should have for tea that night :) .

But it should be the manager and assistant that should be doing that not the Gk coach

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise McGhee for his choice of captain. Mark Kerr's poor form is down to the man himself and nobody else, none of us could have guessed he would play so badly this season. He would have been my choice too and I'm still hoping he'll come good in the coming weeks.

However, I get the feeling our management change was not a popular decision with the majority of the playing staff - the lack of motivation is obvious.

I think it's a bit harsh to criticise McGhee for his choice of captain. Mark Kerr's poor form is down to the man himself and nobody else, none of us could have guessed he would play so badly this season. He would have been my choice too and I'm still hoping he'll come good in the coming weeks.

However, I get the feeling our management change was not a popular decision with the majority of the playing staff - the lack of motivation is obvious.

That's a fair shout, and by the same token I get the feeling McGhee would quite happily bin the lot of them were he able to get replacements of a similar standard.

@Madbadteacher - I wouldn't like to think that's the case, McGhee is clearly an exponent of the 4-3-3 system due to the success he had at Motherwell and also changes to the modern game (specifically the amount of teams who start their attacks at fullback, 4-3-3 is set-up to exploit that as well as defend against it as many teams revert to 4-5-1 when defending).  Many managers and teams are using this system.

I have to admit that I cannot remember the way he set-up his teams earlier in his management career at Reading, Wolves, Millwall and Brighton and wonder if he played 4-3-3 when in charge there.

I once worked with a new depute at school and every staff meeting/assembly all he did was harp on at how they did it "...at my last school"; left staff and pupils seriously pissed off.

Could McGhee be guilty of the same....all this 4-3-3 and trying to sign half the motherwell squad?

"Well, I might as well tell you now. You lot may not be internationals and have won fuck all under Jimmy Calderwood. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fucking dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating. "