Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dundee 22/09/2009

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langfield howler cost us the game.

Typical one of our best,if not the best, player of the season makes a fuck up that costs us our place in the cup

He fucked up but the question has to be asked where were the defenders and the defensive midfielder to tackle Griffiths.

Suppose on reflection losing to the 2nd biggest spenders in Scottish football is hardly on a par with losing to QotS, QP or Dunfermline, perhaps not even as bad as our utter capitulation at killie at the same stage last year.  This match had, and would have had, defeat written all over it given the state of our team for the last year or so.

Doesn't exactly make it any easier to take and I await reports from those who were at the game but I guess our clueless and toothless midfield had a lot to do with it, along with a defence that perhaps has flattered to deceive.

Our team is so mediocre, and has been for so long, it's a wonder we ever hope for anything better.

So onward to victory at ibrox................................

This "2nd biggest spenders in Scottish football" tag don't wash with me.  Pound for pound Great British Pound for Great British Pound the squad should be able to take Dundee to the cleaners.  If we had Ronaldo in our squad on Saturday I'd say we'd give the Huns a game but I doubt we'd win.

Dundee have spent more than the Huns this season.  Doesn't mean they'd have knocked them out the cup tonight.

Only Paton and Mulgrew got pass marks for me tonight.

McDonald was the worst in opioion - think only 1 pass of his met a player in a red shirt. Hopefully with the departure of Leighton Langfield's confidence doesnt go as he seemed edgy tonight.

Ifil had his worst game, Consi had a poor game - if he made so many fouls why wasnt he carded. Crawford didnt seem to do much, Pawlett was on the wrong side for him to be effective, Kerr and McDonald were simply shit, Miller is what we've come to expect although I personally though there was a tad bit more effort than usual, Mackie was Mackie, Maguire when he came on did ok but nothing special.

Least we made a fight of it - at two nil down it would have been easy to throw in the towel, did well to get it to extra time.

Lets be honest it was the draw that nobody wanted, They will be in the premier league next season.

Heres to Saturday

COYR

But getting knocked out by premier league Dundee United 2 seasons ago was not acceptable?

This is yet another fucking disaster for the club. And I don't give a fuck who the manager is/was. Really pissed off when I found out the score this morning.

Least we made a fight of it - at two nil down it would have been easy to throw in the towel, did well to get it to extra time.

Lets be honest it was the draw that nobody wanted, They will be in the premier league next season.

Heres to Saturday

COYR

Stoney put the rod away its no longer funny. Even the most blinkered clown knows that getting knocked out of the cup by yet another first division side is just as unacceptable under McGhee as it was under Calderwood.

It's getting fucking boring now. I was indifferent when it came to Calderwood and agree it was probably time for change as things seemed to have regressed slightly, though we hadn't achieved the sort of consistency that Calderwood brought to the club for years. Regardless of any of that, Aberdeen should be beating clubs like Dundee and the buck has to stop with McGhee. I'm sure McGhee himself will agree with that.

I can imagine how pissed of you must have been.........But didnt care enough to check last night :itchchin:

Match ended at about 10pm last night?  About 5 am my time. I checked for the score on my ridiculously expensive mobile internet the moment my alarm went off at 6am.

Only plus point I can see from this result is it will be all the sweeter when Dundee go bust again. But just because they're investing way beyond their level doesn't mean we shouldn't be puting teams like that away. And I'm not just blaming MM for this, as usual the people above him have let the club down badly.

Guess things will be a lot better and the doom and gloom will lift after we get a result on saturday then :)

How the hell will we get a result on Saturday? When all McGhee has is a handful of world beating youngsters, that McGhee matured at the right time and the awful squad that Calderwood left. Although I have sort of realised through my hatred for that orange hun prick, that I do sound a bit stupid still blaming him so I've decided to blame the board. In fact lets organise a protest, I cleared out my desk drawer the other day and found some post-it notes, so we're all set to go.

SMMGATY£10MPDWY

Catchy eh?

It stands for Stewart Milne Must Go And Take Your £10 Million Pound Debt With You .

;)

Fits maist depressing is that we dinnae even look like we're improving, I could just about stomach a defeat if new players or tactics are a work in progress however its the same old 50 yard punts to no-one in particular, again and again and again and again.... :hammer:

Another probably defeat on Saturday looms....things can only get better.....surely?

Exactly, theres been no progress at all this season. Even the 3-0 win against St. Mirren was pish. I said at the time it papered over the cracks and every week this becomes more and more apparent as McGhee fumbles around trying to fix something that in my view wasn't fucking broken in the first place, at least not until he sauntered in with his 4-3-3, his ice baths, and goalkeeper coaches who aren't really goalkeeper coaches but are dieticians although they aren't really dieticians theyre goalkeeper coaches.  :hammer:

And by the way, for anyone who has any questions about Grassi, he's fucking shite.

I didn't have the heart to bet against my team but that was the safest bet of the season.

In a perverse way though don't you all think if we were going to lose to anyone it is better that it was the team who very publicly signed our 'targets' with money that didn't come to us because of milne's lack of ambition and unwillingness to cooperate (as perceived by melville)?

If this doesn't kick our board up the arse then surely the apologists will have to stop making excuses for milne. I've said since summer that he budgets for an 11th place finish and still asks for euro qualification. There's nothing going on at aberdeen to be supportive about and if replacing any one man would increase attendances then it is milne. If only he didn't have the club by the short and curlies.