Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aluko Injured

KGB

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spent the transfer window on holiday, had a disastrous pre-season, and has lost the dressing room

Please explain the above in regards to McGhee Kow?

Holiday - Brighton

Disastrous pre-season:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8175000.stm

Lost the dressing room:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8252280.stm

Guest fatshaft

According to someone I know, who knows someone who knows someone in our senior squad very well, MM is pretty much piss poor as far as man management goes.

He has alienated a fair few already, apparently, and seems to be going the same way with young Sone.

If Sone was called Seany was going to play for Scotland's under 20s at the U20 WC would any objection have been voiced by MM? I don't think so.

Aye, McGhee who has had pretty good results at every club he's been at, is a bad man manager? LOL

As for if it was Scotland - wise up min. This is about getting injured training on astroturf.

I can only assume McGhee has never met our medical staff, and seen their handiwork, if he thinks Sone would be better off being assessed by them.

Sone has probably thought "I've seen what a mess these clowns made of Jamie Smith, there's no way I want to be playing out the rest of my career for a backwater MLS team. I'll go off to the Nigeria training camp and hopefully there will be a witchdoctor who can use some juju on me that's bound to be more effective than anything the Aberdeen medical staff can do"

Sone, like a number of others are JC's buys and are still smarting at him being let go. Is he bigger than our club? Is he fuck. He only performs in big games against the old firm (for which we are thankful), but that's not enough.

Sorry all Sone fans. He'll be a helluva player somewhere else, so let's take the money and make a profit.

For all the JMG fans. Don't say you weren't warned....

Bad, bad Jimmy, its all his fault y'ken - and always will be

I can only assume McGhee has never met our medical staff, and seen their handiwork, if he thinks Sone would be better off being assessed by them.

Sone has probably thought "I've seen what a mess these clowns made of Jamie Smith, there's no way I want to be playing out the rest of my career for a backwater MLS team. I'll go off to the Nigeria training camp and hopefully there will be a witchdoctor who can use some juju on me that's bound to be more effective than anything the Aberdeen medical staff can do"

That's totally unsubstatiated min. Had Smith's career been hampered by the Aberdeen medical staff don't you think they would have a case to answer? I would tend to believe that car crash in Egypt has more to do with Jamie Smith's injury woes.

That's totally unsubstatiated min. Had Smith's career been hampered by the Aberdeen medical staff don't you think they would have a case to answer? I would tend to believe that car crash in Egypt has more to do with Jamie Smith's injury woes.

Supposedly both Smith and Hart are putting their injury problems down to that. Although in Smith's case in particular it wasn't as if he had his injury problems to seek before that.

Aye, McGhee who has had pretty good results at every club he's been at, is a bad man manager? LOL

As for if it was Scotland - wise up min. This is about getting injured training on astroturf.

Did well at Reading, signed a long term contract and then walked out on them, did fuck all at Leicester, got fired by Wolves, walked from Millwall after falling out with every cunt, got fired by Brighton, had one good season with Motherwell, got found out in his second season and then jumped ship ASAP.

Sparkling career.

Hmmm.

Lets hope he finds success here, but the early signs aren't great.

The car crash in Egypt is undeniably Jimmy Calderwood's fault. He picked Egypt, the clueless, fat, orange buffoon, with his pre-season trip tombola.  More interested in topping up his tan than he was in advanced driving courses for his players.

JMG.

Really? Are you swallowing the propaganda? I thought you were an intelligent bloke.

Did well at Reading

Couldn't motivate his Leicester side to avoid relegation despite taking over in November.

Couldn't motivate is Wolves side, despite having a bigger budget than most of the Premier League at the time, to gain Promotion to the Premier League.

Did well at Milwall.

At Brighton he took over Coppell's side who had been going through the leagues due to the goal scoring exploits of Bobby Zamora, When they inevitable happened, Zamora and Coppell left. McGhee stepped in and replaced him with Leon Knight who seemed to fill the void and more, till they had a fight over tactics or cards on the bus home one day and McGhee made him get out and walk. Brighton dropped through the divisions.

Motherwell did well in his first season when there was something to motivate the players with, second less so...

I see no conclusive proof that McGhee is an excellent man manager and if you are suggesting that the players are that hurt at Calderwoods sacking it not only makes a mockery of those same propagandists arguments for wanting rid of Jimmy ("He's lost the dressing room" was seen more than once on these forums). It also makes a mockery of your claims that McGhee is an excellent man manager. These guys are football players, Aluko at 19 has already worked under 5 different managers Bruce, Calderwood, McLeish, Grayson and now McGhee, they know the name of the game and do adapt.

Even the handling of the situation (through the press) seems inept at best.

It was a joke, but having close family experience of how gloriously inept the club doctor (as a GP) is/was, it's not an altogether unsubstantiated joke.

Loving todays update on redweb

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm they are in contact with the Nigerian FA over the return of Sone Aluko to Pittodrie. A spokesperson said: "We have repeated to them that we need the player back to assess his fitness before we decide whether we will give him permission to take part in the Under 20 World Cup in Egypt."

So just the same as yesterday.

Aberdeen FC boss won’t back down

Aluko’s World Cup dream under threat

By          Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 18/09/2009   

ABERDEEN FC were  today set to make a formal bid to block Sone Aluko’s plans to play at the Under-20 World Cup finals.

Aluko was set  to fly out from Spain to Egypt after the Nigerian FA confirmed the 20-year-old has snubbed a request from Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee to return to Pittodrie.

FIFA have urged Aberdeen FC to back down and allow Aluko to play for Nigeria  but that will not happen.

McGhee said today: “We hold all of the ace cards on this.â€

For more on this story and bumper coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today's Evening Express.

Technically speaking, perhaps, but in reality we don't. We're going to have one unhappy player back at Pittodrie for the sake of the boss flexing his muscles.

One unhappy player who is gonna kick up a right fuss, not play anywhere near his potential and, quite possibly, engineer a cut-price move away from Pittodrie. If it's gonna improve his overall game, then let Aluko go to Egypt. He clearly wants to go, and lets face it staying at Pittodrie when he could be boosting his chances of a full Nigerian callup by playing for the U20s is not exactly gonna motivate him in any way, is it?!

McGhee, just let Aluko go to the training camp, FFS! It'll do both him AND Aberdeen FC a world of good.

Awww! Someone deleted Slowclaps post. I was going to suggest Derek Young had perhaps found a use.

Ach jeez...I've posted worse you know but alas yes, I can see the headline now "Deek Young, catalyst for the Dons title triumph"....actually I can't, I'd make a pish journalist.  MMG.

It's a minor quibble but i did say man management.

It is perfectly possible to have a decent record as a manager whilst being thought of as a bit of a dick by a proportion of your squad.

If the majority are happy then he will get away with it. If results and performances stay as poor as they are, then it will eventually become a problem.

Sone's back in toon

Sone Aluko today returned to Aberdeen as requested by manager Mark McGhee to clarify the situation regarding his possible involvement in the Under 20 World Cup.

Dons boss Mark McGhee said: "As requested Sone returned to the club today and we have had a very positive meeting.

"I now understand that Sone left on Tuesday in good faith and has returned to Aberdeen, to explain his understanding of the events, which he has done to my satisfaction."

Aberdeen supporters will be delighted to hear Sone has been declared fit by the medical team and will play some role in tomorrow's match against St Mirren before returning to join his teammates in Egypt for the Under 20 World Cup. Everyone at Aberdeen Football Club wishes Sone and his Nigerian teammates the best of luck for the upcoming tournament.