Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Leighton leaves aberdeen

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you replace them with? I don't think stripping Kerr of captaincy is a good idea mid season although I don't think he should have got it.

I know its not easy to replace the two centre midfielders in in such a small squad, but even Derek Young would be better than them on too many performances this season.

Hence why I find it impossible to lay the majority of the blame at the players feet.

I know what you're saying, but it is clear that some players are just not arsed about whether they do their job properly or not.  As tsr says, who do we replace them with?  The squad is tiny.  I do agree that at least one of Kerr and Mcdonald should be dropped but I can also understand why McGhee is reluctant to do so.  Both Kerr and McDonald had some very good performances for us last season, we know they can be assets, why is it that they now look as though they can't be fucked?  Even if they don't like the manager you'd hope professional pride itself would spur them on to do their best. Obviously that's just a fucking delusional notion however.

Drop Kerr and McDonald and replace them with some of the untried kids. Let them know that we'd rather risk completely un-tried, inexperienced teenagers than bother with these seasoned journeymen who get paid hansomly to do fuckall (and lets face it, regardless of what they get paid compared to Hearts, Hibs or United players, they are still getting paid a good wage for what is effectively kicking a ball around ... although, they don't even do that!)

I really don't think that's a good idea, if you look at the bench yesterday we are the very limit for untried kids, none of the youth team are capable of playing first team football at the moment, is Fyvie's undoubted talent going to be fulfilled whilst playing in this team just now, what good would introducing say Grimmer into the team do other than to wreck someone else's confidence.

I have seen a lot of the team in 2010, Kerr and Mcdonald vary from superb to mostly atrocious, I don't know why, especially in Kerr case it does not appear to be a lack of effort.

I really don't think that's a good idea, if you look at the bench yesterday we are the very limit for untried kids, none of the youth team are capable of playing first team football at the moment, is Fyvie's undoubted talent going to be fulfilled whilst playing in this team just now, what good would introducing say Grimmer into the team do other than to wreck someone else's confidence.

I have seen a lot of the team in 2010, Kerr and Mcdonald vary from superb to mostly atrocious, I don't know why, especially in Kerr case it does not appear to be a lack of effort.

It was yesterday, he stood still for the whole 90, letting Fyvie do almost all of the tracking back and tackling. I was fucking livid.

For a captain not to be able to find his own men with any pass he makes in 90 minutes is completely unacceptable - I saw nothing of Kerr on Saturday that makes me think he should be immune from getting dropped  >:D>:(

Have to go with that. He not good enough to be an Aberdeen player and as for being captain-no thanks