Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - šŸ‡©šŸ‡Ŗ Germany v šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Five trialists involved at Hull

Indeed Tom. To be honest I only said the game sounded shite because on the commentary they barely mentioned what was actually happening on thep itch and were telling stories of hookers, horse racing, holidays etc etc.

When we scored one of the boys was half way through a story, and suddenly quietly says " thats a goal for Aberdeen". They didn't have a clue who scored it, couldn't name a single one of trialists, and generally sounded totally disinterested in the whole affair.

Ā 

Pleased to hear we were a lot better than painted as being :thumbsup:

Ā 

Was that RedTV commentary?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was doon at the ticket office earlier and spotted one of said trailists, Mazin Ahmad (can't say I knew who he was, had a look at these photaes though http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1748782,00.html )

Ā 

Take from that what you will...apart from the fact that I'm a sad bastardĀ  ;)

Ā 

Article in the EE mentioned that Ahmad wasnt being pursued.

Gets us embarrassingly papped out of Europe before the season starts? ???

Aye but who is to say that wouldn't have happened under Jimmy?

Ā 

Save any supposed gloating you feel you are entitled to until January. (or at least until we have won a competitive game)

if said Gloating does not materialise then be prepared to accept criticism with good grace.

Ā 

Ā 

Fair enough, but atleast McGhee has a better record against EPL sides than Jimmy did under us.

Ā 

Poor fishing as usual.

Can we not get the minijc back from the other night?Ā  He was far more intellectual.

Not fishing, just simply posting a fact, also JC had a better squad then aswell.

Ā 

What was the other minj like from the other night?

from P&B

Ā 

Ifil is good enough to get into the Swindon side. Go on any Swindon forum and read the views about him leaving. As a season ticket holder at Swindon for the past 10 season's I feel I am qualifed to talk on the subject. For the past 4/5 seasons he has been our best defender and an absoloute rock in the centre of defence. He is however very much a confidence player. When that idiot Maurice Malpas was at Swindon it shattered his confidence. At the same time his wife was racially abused by a moron who has since been banned for life. At the same time Malpas was sacked and Wilson had a defender who had hit rock bottom. Ifil was then left out and Swindon went 10 games without a win. Ifil recalled, clean sheet and Swindon win.

Ā 

For one reason or another Danny Wilson did not rate Ifil and has signed Greer to replace him (Cuthbert playing rightback) along with a young centre back called Sean Morrison who Celtic have been linked with.

Ā 

Ifil did not play on Saturday and Swindon let in five v newly promoted Gillingham, Fans were calling for Ifil to be re-called. Instead we hear he is on trial with Aberdeen. Fans gutted to hear he is going. I am more gutted by this then top scorer Cox leaving. Ifil had been at the club for years, attitude spot on and always gave his all. I genuinely belive he would be a regular in the Championship if it wasn't for some high profile mistakes that is in his game. I am sure most Swindon fans would agree, he deserves a far better standing ovation then Simon Cox should he ever return.

Ā 

The back end of last season and on Saturday is the only time in his long spell at Swindon is when he has been out of favour. In other years coming 2nd in fans player of the year. I honestly believe Aberdeen are getting a very good centre back in Ifil. As I said, he is a confidence based player. If his morale is high, he will be a rock in Aberdeen's defence. I really hope he does well and does not disappoint.

Up to more recent times he would have been considered one of our best players,

Ā 

I was wondering what would've caused the rapid decline in a player's ability and confidence. And then I read the next bit ....

Ā 

but after Maurice Malpas's brief tenure here last season, all Ifil's confidence was drained

Ā 

Jeeeeeez. Might as well have Alex Miller as yer boss. I think I would top myself if Malpas was incharge of the Dons.

Swindon Town defender Jerel Ifil admits he is weighing up 'the pros and cons' of accepting a move to Aberdeen.

Ā 

Ifil has been given permission to discuss a move to Pittodrie after playing for the Dons in a pre-season friendly against Hull City on Sunday.

Ā 

Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee is keen to finalise the deal before the weekend's SPL opener against Celtic and Ifil is giving serious thought to the transfer.

Ā 

"I had a look on the map and it's up, up and then up some more," Ifil told the Swindon Advertiser. "It would be a big move, but I've got the blessing of my wife and we would do it together.

Ā 

"The gaffer approached me just before the game on Saturday and said Aberdeen wanted to have a look at me in a trial game.

Ā 

"He (McGhee) was happy with it, but what he does from there I'm not sure. If it all goes well they want me to go in for Saturday.

Ā 

"In that league you can play some big teams, and there's a good atmosphere. I'm just weighing up the pros and cons and seeing if it's worth my while.

Ā 

"I wasn't expecting to go there so it wasn't even in my mind. If it works, it works, and if it doesn't then I will just continue what I'm doing here."