Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen-mad are saying....

Guest kilted1

I won't be surprised if Russ goes but given the interest I highly doubt we'd accept the first offer for him. If we received an offer for 1 million and the club were considering it then I'd expect the club/agent would be drumming up interest from other teams for a bidding war which benefits us (better fee) and Russ (more money).

Totally agree. Really annoying but i'm really worried, mainly because if we kept the current squad as it was, I think we would do at least as well as we did last season. I really wish he'd sign a new deal and get sold next season! I know its selfish and highly improbable but a guy can dream  :P

I'm just praying this is not confirmed anytime soon!

If anyone confirms the sale, it'll be the clubs involved and not the local rag.

I'm sorry, but I will refuse to believe any of this tosh until I see it confirmed on RedWeb or the usually more

reliable BBC website.

This stuff really pisses me off.  :hammer:

Exactly. On a more positive note, i saw the TV ad for the first time last night. Much better than the last one we had ("Join the Red Army" anyone...?. Finally the commercial department are doing something almost right. Surely they (the club, not the marketing team...) wouldn't fuck it up by letting our captain go now, when they seem to be making an effort to get fans in for once.

Of course, that sort of positive thinking wouldn't suit the journals' negative agenda...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=keano-lands-%2Dpound%2D1m-russell-anderson%26method=full%26objectid=19362512%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

KEANO LANDS £1M RUSSELL ANDERSON

Dons ace in Sunderland deal

By Anthony Haggerty

ABERDEEN skipper Russell Anderson is set to seal a £1million move to Sunderland in the next 24 hours.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane, who has already made a £3m move for Hearts keeper Craig Gordon, has targeted the Scotland star to strengthen his defence.

Keane was impressed by Anderson during his six-month stint at Celtic and reckons he can be a hit in the Premiership. Anderson flew back from a family holiday in America to be told of Keane's interest.

He and his agent, Blair Morgan, travelled south and were locked in contract talks at the Stadium of Light last night Sunderland's valuation of the player is acceptable to Aberdeen and Anderson is keen to move to the richest league in the world and advance his career.

He believed playing with a provincial club hampered his Scotland ambitions and a bigger stage will help him gain more recognition - and caps.

While Anderson, who is out of contract in 12 months, was prepared to discuss a new deal the lack of finance at Pittodrie caused by their £13m debt was a serious stumbling block.