🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sky & ESPN in Joint Deal for SPL Rights

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if ESPN HD will be included?  :dance:

Read the link ::)

Customers who subscribe to Virgin Media’s XL TV pack will be able to watch ESPN and ESPN HD at no additional cost.  As part of the deal, these subscribers will also receive ESPN Classic, featuring the greatest moments of UK and European sport.

I wonder if ESPN HD will be included?  :dance:

It most certainly is. This is fuckinA as I have just purchased a beautiful Samsung TV and look forward to the HD action. Is our game with Timothy on ESPN or is that one of the Sky games ?

It most certainly is. This is fuckinA as I have just purchased a beautiful Samsung TV and look forward to the HD action. Is our game with Timothy on ESPN or is that one of the Sky games ?

Sky, the first SPL game on ESPN is Dundee United v Hertz on the Monday night I believe.

ESPN schedule until October.

Monday August 17 - Dundee United v Hearts

Live on ESPN, kick-off 7.45pm

Saturday August 22 - Falkirk v Hibernian

Live on ESPN, kick-off 12.30pm

Sunday August 30 - Hibernian v Celtic

Monday September 14 - Falkirk v Aberdeen

Live on ESPN, kick-off 7.45pm

Saturday September 19 - Kilmarnock v Rangers

Saturday September 26 - St Mirren v Celtic

Saturday October 17 - St Johnstone v Rangers

Guest leith_red

Ach well, I'll hold off on purchasing that V+ box for a week or so then.

Looks like the SPL games are only in HD if you've got Sky.

Follow the action and drama from the Clydesdale Premier League with live and exclusive coverage of 30 games a season on ESPN. All 12 clubs will be featured. Can anyone crack the Old Firm? All Scottish Premier League coverage is also available in High Definition*.

*Sky+ HD Subscribers only.

http://www.espn.co.uk/sports-on-espn/

• 3 years later...
SPORTS broadcaster ESPN could pull put of their deal to show Scottish football at the end of this season.

It is understood that the sports network has a clause in their contract that allows them to cancel the current deal, signed last summer, with the SPL and SFL.

ESPN recently lost the rights to broadcast English Premier League football, the knock-on effect of that loss could mean they look to cut all ties with Scottish football.

Viewing figures for the SPL have dipped this season, in part due to the loss of Rangers from the top flight, and the prospect of another tumultuous off-season with league realignment in the offing could prove a turn off for television networks.

ESPN’s current deal is worth around £4 million to Scottish football, if they end their deal prematurely Sky could step in giving them a monopoly on coverage of the Scottish game.

The ESPN Scottish football deal - 30 games a season including 10 Rangers games - could be of interest to BT Vision who have dipped into the live football market by signing the rights to show the English Premier League.