Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

If Russell goes....

to tell u the truth i think this is all a wee mind game. With Jimmy sayin no about it and Milne and media sayin aye. And Russell even said hes stayin. Could b proven wrong and would definetly hate 2 b cus losing russell means losing ony decent stablity at the back apart fae maybe mcnamara.

Do we consider a back three with McNamara sweeping behind Diamond and Considine with a 5 man midfield with Hart and Foster (dare I say Byrne) as wing backs? Had we not signed the Dutch winger I'd have thought that.

However, I think if Russ goes we will buy an experienced and dominant centre half to combine with Diamond or Considine. Just don't know who??

And Russell even said hes stayin

Aye, but Wiggy's got dollar-signs in his eyes!! The first million-pound transfer since Jess left for Coventry! Wiggy's rubbing his hands at the thought of making a dent in the club's debt, even if it is at the cost of our most valuable asset!

Guest innesciver

However large the debt is, we would be crazy selling him for 1million.  If we need to cash in, then at least 2m - 2.5m. 

We can't go into the season with Considine and Diamond our first choice central defenders, it would be suicide. If Anderson goes, we need to sign an experienced defender to partner one of them. Touzani could fill the void, but I'd prefer someone that opposition attackers won't fancy playing against. Someone that gives the rest of the defence confidence.

Guest kilted1

Wiggy doesn't speculate. Any fee over a million will help service debt and put us in a better financial state. That is Milne's goal and he has been trying to control our debt for years. This is an opportunity to lower debt and I think Wiggy will do it. I don't say I agree as I definitely want Russ to stay but Milne has proven he's a businessman first and a fan second.

Also, jusging by the comments people are expecting a megabucks offer; Russ has less than a year of his contract to go. He can sign for free for anyone on a precontract in 6 months - don't expect a multi million pound offer as his contract ends soon. I'd say a million is realistic - great bargain but realistic given his contract situation.

Hmmm £1M now, or £3 over the next 3 seasons frmo sustained runs in Europe, domestic cups, etc...

Wiggy, look at the Numbers!

Guest At The Border Guy

Anderson is our best player and could be the difference between being knocked out in the first round of the UEFA Cup, or getting into the money-spinning group stage.  We SHOULD NOT sell.

We can't go into the season with Considine and Diamond our first choice central defenders, it would be suicide. If Anderson goes, we need to sign an experienced defender to partner one of them. Touzani could fill the void, but I'd prefer someone that opposition attackers won't fancy playing against. Someone that gives the rest of the defence confidence.

We did...  we signed Jackie McNamara.

Which is a good signing, but a bad sign in respect to the Anderson situation.