Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Home Kit revealed

It's just lazy on Aberdeen part, plenty of decent kit templates and designs out their that they could make more money off of and cut out the middle man, I am not sure if the designs from AFC would be better than this one but it couldn't be much worse than some of our previous kits, this one is alright.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny though how every year loads of fans don't like the strip but by the end of the year they don't want to get rid of it for a new design because it's grown on them and it's the new one which is hideous.

I'm with MBT though, it doesnt really matter what it looks like as long as the team wearing it is good. :thumbsup:

I don't understand why a club as big as ours doesn't have it's own kit makers instead of using this rip of merchants, we would make much more money if it was done inhouse.

Get Wiggy to knock-up something on a sewing machine in the broomcupboard?

what my learned friend dave doesnt seem to understand is that the shirts arnt being bought our supplied by nike, therefore would not be the same quality as say celtic and man utd who have their stuff made for them!

Aye, Scott McDonald and Darren Fletcher have a shirt made by Belgian nuns before each and every game. It's of such high quality that said nun is transifxed by the beauty of the garment, unable to work again.

Or they're sewn by Chinese four year olds, same as every other shirt in the world.

Anyway, the design, I like it.

It's just lazy on Aberdeen part, plenty of decent kit templates and designs out their that they could make more money off of and cut out the middle man, I am not sure if the designs from AFC would be better than this one but it couldn't be much worse than some of our previous kits, this one is alright.

It would cost more to do that. Justsport are a professional company and are experts in the field. For Aberdeen to too buy all the equipment or even just rent it and too pay someone to design it would cost money. All the costs would just add up. It not about "cutting out the middle man" its about outsourcing the design, making and selling of the kits as its cheaper for Aberdeen and good for both parties. Especially if your doing something on a fairly small scale its a lot better to outsource some thing like this.

I'll be buying it. Im guessing we wont be getting a new away top since there's going to be a 3rd strip. Tempted to get a keeper one as well to add to the collection but dont know if they will change(i doubt it)

Fulham must be another team that gets their shirt from JustSport as their home top next season is our away one except from the red lettering. Plus I think their home for the season just past was the same as our from the previous 2 season with Apex Tubulars on it so we are maybe test dummies for the shirts they will sport in the premiership

:hammer:

You do realise this is basically what we do?!

We used to licence our replica strips out to companies (Umbro, Puma, Le coq Sportif?) Which meant we got something like £5 everytime one was sold and you could buy them in any sports shop basically anywhere in Scotland (and sometimes even further).

But now we buy the Nike training tops from JustSport for about £5, stick a badge and a sponsor on it and only we sell them now for £40, keeping all the profit for ourselves.

Cutting out the middleman

I'm pretty sure JustSport print the shirts for us too? It's very common in Football these days usless you're a massive club, hence why when you go into JJB in Aberdeen you only get a selection of Premiership, OF, then Champions League teams. The same as JJB anywhere in the whole country.

But obviously AFC have done it all wrong by doing it this way, if only our board of self-made multi millionaires had the same business sense as minJ ::)

Stole this from the hat, looks less red in reality and compared to the posters in the background. I think the photographer has been playing around with the colour levels for the launch photos.

DSC00165.jpg

It was just a bit of 'armless fun.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A BIKE!!

IT'S RED!

IT'S GOT THE BADGE ON IT!

FUCKING GET IT BOUGHT AND PUT SOME CASH IN THE AFC COFFERS!

:hammer:

Every year we have the same fucking shite from moaning faced cunts.  "I don't like the shorts", "I don't like the socks" - How many of you buy these anyway?

"The quality is poor" - Personally I doubt any t-shirts I buy will last longer than a year especially if I know it has a 'fashion' shelf life and more importantly I doubt I'd want to wear something a year on having spent the best part of it propping up bars next to drunk football fans, sitting on buses, spilling pies and bovril over it or sweating my nuts off in the gym or on a football park.

It's a fucking disgrace that you don't see a sea of red on a matchday because people only want to wear it on holiday because they think it's for kids or would rather be swanning around in some "top gear" that even the dross of society buys.

For as much as I dispise the Old Firm fans, they sure as fuck put us to shame displaying their colours with pride.

I remember being in Newcastle once on a matchday.  Even after kickoff there were masses of people still walking around with the shirt on.  I didn't see that as minky, I didn't see it as anything but showing pride for your city and support for your team.

"Looks like last year's shorts"

Give me fucking strength.  ::)