Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Home Kit revealed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what my learned friend dave doesnt seem to understand is that the shirts arnt being bought our supplied by nike, therefore would not be the same quality as say celtic and man utd who have their stuff made for them!

In precisely the same sweat shops, from the same materials, stoney.

It's a Nike shirt. With our badge. It's our strip. Go and fucking buy one for 12 quid and fuck an AFC transfer on it if it bothers you THAT much. Jesus. 

Any excuse to be a moaning faced . . . . . . ::)

what my learned friend dave doesnt seem to understand is that the shirts arnt being bought or supplied by nike, therefore would not be the same quality as say celtic and man utd who have their stuff made for them!

Assuming that's what you meant? Then, you're wrong, they are supplied by Nike. Just Sport buy millions and millions of shirts from Nike, and then they distribute thousands and thousands to football clubs like....Aberdeen!

And I also understand that it isn't a bespoke kit. But this way the club makes more money from shirt sales, which is a good thing, it's not like you'll be wearing the shirt out to that trendy nightspot 'Priory', it'll get worn in the Pub at weekends and maybe the odd game of 5's, doesn't need to be fantastic quality. Would you rather look like all the scum you see wearing Celtic or Man Utd shirts everyday of the week? No, that looks 'rank and cheap' ;)

And the more I think about it, a shirt that lasts a year then falls to bits is ideal for the club, that way you'll need to buy a new one every year, which means even MORE money for the club  :thumbsup:

Guest Nellie The Don

It's red with a wee bit of white. Job done.

Unless they are actually playing football, grown men shouldn't wear football tops anyway.

I don't understand why a club as big as ours doesn't have it's own kit makers instead of using this rip of merchants, we would make much more money if it was done inhouse.

How do you know the designs AFC would come up with would be any better? They must have done the sums and come to the conclusion that this makes them a more sustainable and regular income? I'm no economist, but I was under the impression that they struck the deal to do exactly that.