Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Run of the Mill Rumour Mill

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the above.

However, if Jimmy is to go now, I just hope it's not too soon. By that I mean, from a financial point of view. I think there is a period of "New Firm" dominance coming. By "New Firm" I'm not necessarily referring to ourselves and D.Utd (as it was in the 80's) merely the club or clubs out-with the old firm best placed to benefit from a, what is at this stage perceived, decline in standards. With world football as it is, a money orientated game, surely it is only realistic to expect the most financially stable and viable clubs to benefit from this? Is shelling out £1/2 million on getting rid of a management team, in the current financial climate, with debts to be re-financed in a years time and funding for a new stadium to be organised, the right thing to do in order to keep the club on a sound financial footing?

I understand the agitation , I feel it too, I have gone nearly half my life without seeing Aberdeen win anything compared to the first half where we won smoething virtualy every year. I'm nt scared. I haven't got the team I deserve, but I can't hep but feel now is the time for consolidation, not speculation in the vain hope of accumulation. all you need is a quick glance at next seasons League One table to see how quickly and harshly fans "realistc" expectations can be brought home to roost.

So...

If Jimmy is going, I hope for the clubs sake it is to another club who are payng AFC for the pleasure of his services.

A lot of sense in this post imo :thumbsup:

A lot of sense in this post imo :thumbsup:

Not a lot to disagree with in his post, however, this is AFC we're talking about and they very rarely do the sensible option. I know we can't really afford to get rid of him so obviously as baggy says, I hope someone is taking him off our hands. I just can't see it though. I await monday with anticipation to see if anything actually comes of this. Certainly plenty of rumours flying around but I guess we just have to play the waiting game. As I've said earlier, since the dunfermline debacle, I've thought it was time to go this summer, especially since we've been shite in the league since then (which I would have forgiven him for had we actually attempted to get third).

Aberdeen captain Scott Severin could decide to stay if the club improve their contract offer after qualifying for the Europa League. (Daily Express)

If he was to play like he has post split this would be fantastic news.

The only downside being that if he does get a new contract and play like he did before the split!

As I said in the Seve thread, if we get the real Seve which showed up for the past couple of months, then fantastic, but if the we see the lazy sod that we had for most of the past couple of season he can take a running jump. Who knows, maybe this new manager might be a better people person than JC and actually motivate him to get back to his best again? Clearly he can still play, because he has been outstanding recently.

Aberdeen captain Scott Severin could decide to stay if the club improve their contract offer after qualifying for the Europa League. (Daily Express)

If he was to play like he has post split this would be fantastic news.

It's really difficult isn't it?

Scott Severin of the past month, is by far, and away our best, most talented player.  However, Scott Severin from the 23 month prior, has been one of our biggest let downs, and a complete waste of a hefty wage.

If we could guarantee he'd give his all next season, I'd be like a new signing!

I really don't know.

The old rumour mill is working overtime this bank holiday weekend. There is talk of a possible takeover of the club, one of the stipulations of the deal is that the current regime got rid of the manangement.  I personally don't believe this given the current economic climate but just putting it out there.

The old rumour mill is working overtime this bank holiday weekend. There is talk of a possible takeover of the club, one of the stipulations of the deal is that the current regime got rid of the manangement.  I personally don't believe this given the current economic climate but just putting it out there.

We're gonna be rich!

:-\

Well Wiggy has lost a lot of money lately, so getting rid of a bad inverstment....

As for Seve, new manager + new contract = new player (hopefully, the one we've seen post-split)

That really would be an interesting turn of events? Any names/consortium's being touted?

That really would be an interesting turn of events? Any names/consortium's being touted?

No, only heard of this through a mate who has business contacts who may know these things. It has been suggested this is why the pay off the three amigos received isn't an issue with regard budgets etc for next year.  As I said though, I'm not very confident this is true at all.

Nobody mentioned Rugby loving/Wiggy hating Sir Ian Wood yet?

In my experience mr Wood only throws money away on his Kids business exploits.

So unless we can get his son involved in AFC then he isnt going to follow milnes example and hand over cash for no return

Why would a potential new owner make Milne sack Calderwood when he could just do it himself when he takes over?

Why would Milne sack a manager on the say so of someone who's interested in the club, when a deal could break down at any time.

Although I did hear Batistuta, Klinsman and Pongolle may be interested in a joint takeover.

Why would a potential new owner make Milne sack Calderwood when he could just do it himself when he takes over?

Why would Milne sack a manager on the say so of someone who's interested in the club, when a deal could break down at any time.

Although I did hear Batistuta, Klinsman and Pongolle may be interested in a joint takeover.

As I said, I don't believe it myself, merely passing it on. No need for the attitude.