Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Run of the Mill Rumour Mill

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real fans who drink in the Number One Aberdeen FC Supporter's Bar know. It's on a "need-to-know" basis.

My suspicions are that it may possibly an elaborate hoax - but maybe not.

I've also heard about the new manager who will be coming in and a couple of confirmed signings he will bring. The rest of you will need to wait until Monday and then you can salivate as events unfold.

Don't want to release too much info because of the important game on Sunday. Maybe Sunday night I'll let ye know.

*COUGH*

PM

:thumbsup:

Some/most of those of rumours seem a bit much, even by the standards of our squad/manager.

Not saying Calderwood ain't on a shoogly peg, but the rest of the story could well be nonsense, especially the bit about Angus Deayton.

That's the only bit I believed, he is good mates with Martin Jol afterall.

So whats the score?

Is it a rehash of the one pulled from AFC(we're not scared of being done for libel)hat earlier?

Maybe with a couple more bits thrown in for good measure?

Jimmy's neghbours wife telt her neighbours wife they're leaving today.

Willie to replace Jimmy for Sundays game.

Jimmy's lost the dressing room.

Everyone hates Severin

Jimmy's an alchy.

Considine's confidence is shot to peices.

Gary Harkins has agreed terms.

Fit else?

Anyone care to share? I'm willing to trade a really shit three month old rumour about Teddy Sheringham.

* suppose I better remove that one as I assume thats the one that all the other sites are worried about.

I just can't see Jimmy being sacked during the summer.... Does anyone know how much JC earns?  I'm guessing it's in the order of £100,000 p/a... that would mean we'd have to pay him off with at least £200,000!  On top of that, his replacement may require compensation be paid, along with, what you would imagine would be a fairly hefty signing on fee.  A new manager would also, surely, request that he be allowed to bring in several new players of his own - again, all costing money.

At present we are millions of pounds in debt, and examining the possibility of building a new multi-million pound stadium.

In short, it doesn't add up.

I just can't see Jimmy being sacked during the summer.... Does anyone know how much JC earns?  I'm guessing it's in the order of £100,000 p/a... that would mean we'd have to pay him off with at least £200,000!  On top of that, his replacement may require compensation be paid, along with, what you would imagine would be a fairly hefty signing on fee.  A new manager would also, surely, request that he be allowed to bring in several new players of his own - again, all costing money.

At present we are millions of pounds in debt, and examining the possibility of building a new multi-million pound stadium.

In short, it doesn't add up.

It does if it's put up against dwindling gate receipts and season tickets at the start of the season. If things go as they have done this season, the revenue will continue to decrease.  At some point they have to speculate, if not to accumulate, then at least to stop losing more punters through the gates. 

It does if it's put up against dwindling gate receipts and season tickets at the start of the season. If things go as they have done this season, the revenue will continue to decrease.  At some point they have to speculate, if not to accumulate, then at least to stop losing more punters through the gates. 

I'm sure if, as some people are indicating, that the wheels have been set in motion, the club will have done their sums....  Would a boost in gates, cover the money spent removing Calderwood & Nichol, Clark and appointing a new management team?  It would be a gamble.

Jimmy has finished within the Top 6 every year since arriving, and despite achieveing very little else in 5 years, the club have always remained happy - Willie Millers official line has been that Calderwood has, and is doing a good job.  If JC is manager next season, you'd imagine that Top 6 is a stick on, once again.  Under the current regime, it's difficult to see where they'd have a particular problem?  Other than, that is, the off the field shennanigins!

Exactly BB, the club are in danger of taking a step backwards with its relationship with the fans. Something needs to be done, but again, who knows who the man is to replace him. If he does go, obviously I hope they've thought long and hard about it and make the right appointment who will build on the reasonable success and stability that Jimmy has brought to the club. Even if he stayed, I don't think we'd see many season ticket holders not renewing, just fewer PATG punters.