Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Hearts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer to see him somewhere in the midfield.  Hasn't looked entire comfortable defensively whenever I've seen him.... against United he didn't really have to do much defending in that second half.

If Vidal does play right back, then how does foster fit in?  Man marking job on Aguiar? he essentially plays a floating role for Hearts.

The coveted midnight watchman.

I'd prefer to see him somewhere in the midfield.  Hasn't looked entire comfortable defensively whenever I've seen him.... against United he didn't really have to do much defending in that second half.

If Vidal does play right back, then how does foster fit in?  Man marking job on Aguiar? he essentially plays a floating role for Hearts.

Foster may be left back, Mulgrew in midfield?

Fucks sake!  NO one to blame but ourselves!!!!!!!     :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Oh well win at ibrox it is

As I said on chat, this game epitomises our season. So much promise and potential, but yet again they fail to deliver. I fear the worst for Ibrox (not because of this result, but because of the fact that they will be going all guns blazing because of the title race).

Seve got MOTM from Sportsound and BBC Alba (our game is on tomorrow night).

It sounded like we battled away and just didn't get the breaks. As disappointing as a draw is at least we've not blown 4th completely yet...

Feel sorry for Smith, sounds like he has some serious problems going on. Would've been a nice way to end his Aberdeen career by scoring tonight too if he hadn't hit the post.

Seve got MOTM from Sportsound and BBC Alba (our game is on tomorrow night).

It sounded like we battled away and just didn't get the breaks. As disappointing as a draw is at least we've not blown 4th completely yet...

Feel sorry for Smith, sounds like he has some serious problems going on. Would've been a nice way to end his Aberdeen career by scoring tonight too if he hadn't hit the post.

Agree about Smith, but we just do get the breaks but we just lack that killer touch/balls. As I've said, it summed up our season. We've had plenty of opportunities in the last three games alone, just not converted enough/any of them. Sounded like a good game to watch though. Hopefully we rebuild the squad sufficiently enough over the summer to be more clinical and consistent.

Just in.

Frustrating as hell.  Smith had two cracking chances, one hit the post.  :hammer:

We were the better team but as usual couldn't score in a barrel load of fannies.  We had an awful lot of pressure in the second half but in the end it wasn't good enough.

Hearts were a disgrace - both with their time wasting and their discipline.

It was a very good game but it would have been a superb game if we could have fucking scored! :hammer:

Seve, Aluko, Vidal and Foster all had great games.

Mair had a Mare.

Some were moaning that Maguire got subbed - for me he was beginning to lose his head and could easily have got a second booking.  He had a sly kick on the boy who got get sent off, which immediately led to the off the ball which got him sent off.

Just in.

Cracking game and played at a high tempo. Good atmosphere in the RDU. Pity about the result.

Absolutely dominated Hearts from start to finish but just couldn't find that killer ball or get a clean shot on goal. Thought Miller should have done better with his header in the first half - should have at least got it on target. There was an air of urgency about us and a strong will to win all game.

First half - everybody getting pass marks. Thought the team was playing well and playing some decent football. Vidal and Aluko were absolutely magnificent down the right. Working together, showing nice skills, putting some good balls in the box etc.

Second half - Mair seemed to dip in form and had a few shaky moments. Again, dominating possession and dominating territory. Don't know how Smith missed his two chances but will have to wait for the highlights. May have been harder than what I seen. Possible penalty against Neilson for bearhugging Miller? Just couldn't get the break in front of goals and to get no goals is disappointing to say the least.

I wuld give pass marks for everybody with Mair coming last.

Langfield had a couple of excellent saves. I though Vidal and Aluko were very good along with Foster, Maguire, Miller also playing well.

Special mention to Scott Severin. Played absolutely brilliant and dominated the boys up front for Hearts. Had a determined look about him (one thats not been seen for some time) and got to the ball first everytime. Tackles here, there and everywhere and looked like a real inspirational captain. Hassling the ref for Hearts shocking time wasting, communicating well with the rest of the players and leading by example. MOTM.

Really frustrating evening, we are absolutely streets ahead of Hearts in terms of quality and it's little wonder that a couple of talented footballers (Vidal and Aluko) stood out against a team of cloggers who were intent on spoiling the game.

Severin was magnificent.  Macdonald put in a good shift, as did Smith, Miller and Foster.  As said above a goal would have been very satisfying but it was not to be.  We should be proud of the effort our lads put in though, there are plenty of positives to take from this game.

I detest Hearts.  They were a disgrace tonight, as they were in December. A team of bullies, cheats, actors and con-men. 

Just in, and all I can say is Fuck Sake!!  :hammer:

Hearts are utter utter scum.

But 3 points, 2 games, we can do it.

3points from 2 games isnt enough

Defeat on saturday coupled with a draw or arabs win at tynecastle and its the final nail in the coffin.

4points minimum but 6 if we have any real ambition

Astonishing to believe that we were playing against the 3rd placed team in the SPL!

We dominated for the majority of the game, and for the last 15 minutes in particular Hearts barely touched the ball. However, we weren't "unlucky" not to score - just not good enough. Smith should have put at least one of his two good opportunities away, he's just not the player he used to be. He had a good game, but should have done so much more.

Theres no animosity from me towards him, more pity. I know its not his fault that he gets injured all the time, and I think its a sad end to his career. Sorry Jamie, but you are just not value for money anymore.

I agreed with the sponsors MOTM, Severin had a great game. Although equally it could have gone to either Vidal, Aluko, or even Foster IMO. Miller had a good 1st half, but fell away in the 2nd. Maguire put in an excellent shift and although I didn't agree with the substitution at the time, Pawlett was a worthy replacement who got wired in. Duff also got in amongst it in the box too, winning some important headers.

I know it is still possible depending on a snooker, but these last two games were our opportunities to make ground on our rivals for 3rd or 4th place. They've kept their distance, and as far as I'm concerned its deserved on balance. For as much as Hearts were time-wasting, injury-faking, cart-horsing, shite, cheating bastards...we just lacked the killer touch to finish them off. More fool us.  :(

I thought Seve was magnificent defensively tonight, but he wasted far too many balls to be considered man of the match for me. Mulgrews crossing was awful and Vidal was fairly solid, although a few of his passes went astray. Was lovely link up play between him and Aluko though.

Aluko, although his final ball was lacking was my MOTM. Plenty tracking back and put in a few solid tackles.

The ref? Still cannot believe we were not awarded that corner in the first half, along with a penalty in the second. Foster was booked for a very hard but very fair challenge.

Guest onlyjim

Hearts didn't play football tonight, the ref was crap and we had a blind linesman.

We have beaten the scum in the last match of the year 2..0 the past two years.

Lets make it a hat trick.

STAND FREE

Hearts didn't play football tonight, the ref was crap and we had a blind linesman.

We have beaten the scum in the last match of the year 2..0 the past two years.

Lets make it a hat trick.

STAND FREE

If we are going by stats we have also lost the 2nd last game of the season (which have both been away in the Glasgow area) 2-1

There-in lies the most likely potential hat trick