🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Hearts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen v Hearts Preview

ABERDEEN v HEARTS 7.45PM

Jimmy Calderwood spoke to RedTV at lunchtime.

"Unfortunately the injury situation is not good. As you know Diamond, Mackie and Young are out for the season, Kerr is suspended and Andrew Considine and Tommy Wright are also out. Tommy got injured yesterday in training and is out and is unlikely to be ready in time for the Rangers game. Considine has a chance of being ready for the trip to Ibrox.The good news is that Jamie Smith is back:o :o You need all your big players fit for these games so it is good to have him back. He has trained Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today so he is fit to play.

"It is another must win game.

"It's going to be once again a very difficult game but we are well aware that if we achieve the right result, we are still very much in the mix, and that of course is what we will going all out to do.

"There is always a bit of an edge to the Hearts Aberdeen games but there are also a lot of very good players on show on both sides, good football players. Hopefully we are talking about the football and an Aberdeen victory tomorrow night.

"One of my best experiences since coming to Pittodrie was the Hearts game on the 27th December. We have won the game but also the atmosphere was brilliant. The fans were fantastic that day. We have seen it so many times especially in the European games and we will hopefully get that kind of backing tomorrow night."

Another "must win"?

Hopefully we will win this one then unlike all our previous "must wins" this season

We have some selection problems.

Would like to see us try something like this...

Langfield

Vidal Mair Severin Foster

Aluko Duff McDonald Mulgrew

Miller Maguire

I'd still like us to give Pawlett a go instead of Duff, but i'd still be happy with that lineup.

I'd still like us to give Pawlett a go instead of Duff, but i'd still be happy with that lineup.

I've said for a while i think mulgrew is better suited to a central midfield position, think duff is better in the middle too.  Of the two i would have mulgrew though and stick pawlett in.

Langfield

Vidal  Mair  Severin  Foster

Pawlett  McDonald  Mulgrew  Aluko

Miller  Maguire

Lot of pace in that side

he's to big and cumbersome 

That really is all that needs to be said.

You could go on by saying he's lazy against everyone but Celtic as he has a point to prove to Strachan, or you could also say he can't header, which for such a big lad is pretty shameful. You could also say he seems sadly bereft of any the positional awareness required for any of the positions mentioned he may be better at.

Mark Kerr misses out tonight following his red card against Dundee United while Stuart Duff drops to the bench. Jamie Smith makes a welcome return alongside Javan Vidal in the only two changes in the Dons starting eleven. Joining Duff on the bench are Bossu, Stewart, Paton, Pawlett, Ross and Holm. Tonight's referee is Stephen Finnie and the full starting line up is:

Aberdeen Langfield, Mulgrew, Foster, Vidal, Severin, Mair, Aluko, McDonald, Miller, Maguire, Smith.

Hearts : Kello, Neilson, Wallace, Aguiar, Kingston, Mrowiec, Obua, Jonsson, Elliot, Stewart, Zaliukas.

Very, very inexperienced bench, but fuck it. Let's do these diet hun bastards!

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

Very, very inexperienced bench, but fuck it. Let's do these diet hun bastards!

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

Wonder where Vidal will play?  It's being suggested he'll start in centre mid next to McDonald.

It'll be interesting to see how he manages this evening, I thought he was different class when he came on at half time against Dundee United.  Obviously a talented young lad, but I'm not sure where you play him... I don't think JC really knows either!

Wonder where Vidal will play?  It's being suggested he'll start in centre mid next to McDonald.

It'll be interesting to see how he manages this evening, I thought he was different class when he came on at half time against Dundee United.  Obviously a talented young lad, but I'm not sure where you play him... I don't think JC really knows either!

Right back I suspect. I hope we get more of his Tannadice performance than of Falkirk or St Mirren.

Right back I suspect. I hope we get more of his Tannadice performance than of Falkirk or St Mirren.

I'd prefer to see him somewhere in the midfield.  Hasn't looked entire comfortable defensively whenever I've seen him.... against United he didn't really have to do much defending in that second half.

If Vidal does play right back, then how does foster fit in?  Man marking job on Aguiar? he essentially plays a floating role for Hearts.