Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Hearts

So does anyone think we have a chance in this one?

Im going to forever jinx the scenario and point out the following

Victory over hearts coupled with a Celtic win over the Arabs puts us in quite a decent position

We would be 1 point behind the arabs and 2 points behind hearts.

Those 2 have to play each other on saturday and then finish up facing both halves of the old firm while we have a home match against hibs.

if it ends up all square at tynecastle on sunday and we dont get hammered at Ibrox, a victory over hibs at home could actually see us sneak 3rd on goal difference.

But unfortunately I dont think we have the bottle to extend the LSC's losing streak

IN/OUT - Out

Prematch - Probably work

Match - Probably work or gym or running

Post match - The flat wondering if i really care about scottish football anymore

1-1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking to a Hibee mate today he said that Hearts were awful on Thursday and we should take them to pieces. He thought us and UTD were the only teams he had seen this season that were any good  ???

I have felt for a long time that Hearts, while being well organised, are a terrible footballing side. If we step up to the plate then we should beat them comfortably. We have played some decent football against both Celtic and UTD in recent weeks and at Pittodrie we are hard to beat. I'm confident.

In/out:  IN

Pre-match:  Free bus with the Livi Reds

Match:  SS - the only place to be

Post-match:  Bus as above.

2-0 Dons. Miller double.

In/out:   IN

Pre-match: Mates driving me in. Wanted to go in early to go to the pub but he said no. :( And bus is £14.80 there and back so fuck that. Just went up by £0.80. Inflation is negative as well. Fucking Stagecoach cunts.

Match:  If its a nice day section Y if its a shit day normal seat in section S or somewhere near there. Hope it's sunny.  

Post-match: Mates driving me out

Prediction: 4-1 Aberdeen

It`s entirely possible I might laugh my cock off if we were to finish third after the season we`ve had, and after all the JMG shite that`s happened. (Don`t get me wrong, I still wouldn`t be adverse to seeing him go in the summer regardless of what happens if a suitable replacement can be found, but third place would really piss off `JMG`)

Of course, if we did do the unlikely and snatch third, it would have nothing to do with the players or manager, and would simply be because everyone else in the SPL is so awful, JMG, etc etc.  ::)

Why would it piss us off?  First ofall we want the team to do the best they can, under Jimmy that isn't very often, if we got third place then i'll be over the moon like many others but I'll still be wanting him out.

Fair play Mini, but there have been a few comments from others saying they want us to lose etc so JC gets the dunt.

Fair play Mini, but there have been a few comments from others saying they want us to lose etc so JC gets the dunt.

A few yes but i'm sure there are many like me who want us to win but if we lose can see a positive from it.

What's wrong with that though harcus?  Many support the club, many supported the club before jimmy was here, infact many have been in europe before last season, they have the right to be all over it like a dug in chips despite not liking the manager.

What's wrong with that though harcus?  Many support the club, many supported the club before jimmy was here, infact many have been in europe before last season, they have the right to be all over it like a dug in chips despite not liking the manager.

You're right mini.  I pray to "I do not know what" that we make Europe.  Do I like the manager? Do I fuck.  Come on ye Reds!!!!

Why would it piss us off?  First ofall we want the team to do the best they can, under Jimmy that isn't very often, if we got third place then i'll be over the moon like many others but I'll still be wanting him out.

But if Aberdeen do secure third, then it won't be good enough because it has been the poorest Old Firm in recent history and we should have seriously been challenging for second all season long.

Of course, you're right MJ, all Dons fans deserve the chance of a Euro trip.

However, I have no doubt for some it'll be a case of -

'Fat fucking useless tango hun Calderplank balloon buffoon orange bastard has fluked us into Europe again, we don't fucking deserve it. Magic though, a trip to Europe - anyone seen any cheap flights?'

It really is turning out to be a very interesting scenario.  I must confess i am very surprised we are still in the hunt for europe let alon 3rd place but as the time old classic goes it is indeed a funny old game.  I never want aberdeen to lose but there has been that tiny part inside me over the past few months that has been sharpening the knives with a wee bit of glee in anticipation of a complete capitulation under calderwood.  The thing is though if we did finish 3rd it will be on merit, you dont fluke league positions, it would be because we are the 3rd best team in scotland for season 08/09.  Regardless of cup capitulations every single one of us would have snapped the hand off anyone offering this at the start of the season.  In short i dont have a bloody clue how i would feel about calderwood if he managed it.  I have said many times that i have looked past his many shortcomings as he had got results............ 3rd place after the season we have had would be a massive result.  My brain is starting to hurt