Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clangers Away ?

Could we not sway Stillie away from going to London for a season? Admittedly we have not been the kindest set of fans to him when he has come as an away player, but I would far rather we keep a Scottish keeper in the side.

Stillie is away to do a law degree, I doubt he'd change his mind. Anyway, I don't think we should be looking back to keepers we've already had, we need to move forward. Moving forward, however, does not include Douglas or Marshall or Lambers. And Bullock has indeed gone to County, not that he'd have been good enough for us anyway.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimmythered74

About time clangers gets the boot !!! after all he is shite and never had the quality to be aberdeen fcs number 1 choice keeper ..

im sure if calderwood looks hard enough im sure he could find a better keeper than clangers anywhere !!!

Although I am not that bothered at the prospect of Langfield not being our first choice next season, I am slightly worried that none of the keepers mentioned here as realistic targets are better than him. Tony Bullock? Behave. Jeroen Lambers? Please. David Marshall? Two good games in his entire career... We can effectively rule out any move for a Championship, League 1 or League 2 first choice goalkeeper, as even a shit one would cost 100k nowadays. If we are looking for a new goalie I think we can safely say it will be either a. Free Transfer or b. Someone brought in with any money taken from Langfield moving on. I would love it if we could go and sign somelike like Neil Alexander and kick us on a level, but realistically there are very, very few bargain basement goalkeeping stars.

My biggest fear is we start the season with Souter as first choice.

Neil Alexander, i'd forgotten about him. He'd do a decent job i reckon. I think Neil Sullivan's also been freed, but he's probably well past his best now.

I heard a story somewhere that Feyenoord were looking at signing Dorus De Vries as he's on a Bosman. TBH I don't know enough about him to say yay or nay, but purely going by his howler that ultimately sent Dunfermline down, i'd have to say nay. However, if you're pish, you don't interest a team like Feyenoord.

Bryn Halliwell always got raved about when he was at Clyde, but i doubt he'd be the kind of step onwards we'd want/need.

Who's Dundee's reserve keeper just now? You think he'd want to follow in the footsteps of his predecessors Soutar and Langfield..?

Fabien Barthez anyone?! If we don't ask, we'll never know. And after all, if it's a bit of excitement we want in games, surely he's the man to provide it. Maybe not for the right reasons though.

Barthez! Now there's an idea! That'd certainly be a way of bringing the punters in in their droves. He'd probably be the most exciting player that we would sign since Champagne Charlie Nic. He'd be a more accomplished goalkeeper-cum-striker than Robbie Winters ever was too!!!

I say sign him. If we did, I might even make the trip back to Scotland more often to see the Dons knowing he's playing.

as noted elsewhere, i don't believe there's ony chance we'll start the new season with souter in goals.

should we get a fee for the balloon langfield, i'd suggest jc will plough the cash straight into buying a replacement.

if, as expected, no-one in their right mind wants the clown, i'd hope the c0ckwit eats a steaming bowl of humble pie every day between now and the start of the season, in which case he'll be back between the sticks.

hopefully the former, like. langfield has only consolidated my opinion that he has no business turning out for afc. get him punted.

Lads it is a long off season.  Trust me Langfield will be in the cage in July.  Appologies will be made and lines will be toed...

Having had time to reflect on all that has been said in the papers, I've got a sneaking suspicion that you may well be right.

Would certainly of made for an interesting evening on Sat if JC had been invited and attended ;)

Lads it is a long off season.  Trust me Langfield will be in the cage in July.  Appologies will be made and lines will be toed...

Having had time to reflect on all that has been said in the papers, I've got a sneaking suspicion that you may well be right.

Would certainly of made for an interesting evening on Sat if JC had been invited and attended ;)

See I bet JC was invited, but I'm thinking he maybe just stayed in Majorca.

Incidentally I saw in the P&J announcements that Dazza was married last Saturday (2nd). He obviously had a much quieter and well behaved stag night!

Incidentally I saw in the P&J announcements that Dazza was married last Saturday (2nd). He obviously had a much quieter and well behaved stag night!

Typical woman, reading the hatchs, matchs and dispatchs ;)

He got home a couple of weeks ago. My girlfriend's brother saw him at Aberdeen airport and thought to himself "Jesus, that coloured chap looks just like Jimmy Calderwood...Hang on! That is Jimmy Calderwood!"

Kasper Schmeichel was amazing for me in FM! I'm not sure if he's that good in real life but without having seen too much of him I'm willing to bet he's better than Clangers and Soapy.

Why was he only on loan at Falkirk then? :-\

Because of him being too young to be in ahead of Sweden's current number 1 and a former England U21 keeper? I think he's played more first team games already than Langfield had before we signed him. IIRC Langfield made his 50th career first team appearance in the season we signed him. Considering he'd have been about 25/26 then and been at Dundee, Raith, Partick and Dunfermline, that's not very good.

I'm not sure if young Kasper could be anything more than "promising" just now though. Lacks the experience i'd prefer a keeper to have. Neil Alexander all the way for me.

I see we're looking more likely to go in for Watford's now-2nd-choice keeper Richard Lee. He's only been ousted as #1 because Watford have just signed Estonian internationalist Mart Poom, and according to Vital Football, JimmyC is sniffing around. Apparently the Watford fans really rate Lee, and he wants out as he firmly believes that he should NOT be on the bench. I like that attitude!!

i trained up on the next pitch to kapser schmeichel as falkirk use the pitches at stirling uni and i used to watch them train (prob why i was dropped from my team, spent too long watching falkirk than training with my own team) but he looked damn good.

i know its only training but some of the saves he was pulling off in the bounce games they had were very good

All we need to do is get rid of Bonny Clangfield. With the huns sniffing around for a bargain, I say sell him at whatever price we can get for him. If he starts any matches next season, he'll get absolute dog's abuse from the red army ... to the point that Darren Mackie, Ricky Foster, Scott Manurehead, Jamie McQuilken, Bryan Prunty, Derek Young, David Zdrillic, Tommy Solberg, John Inglis, Tzanko Tzvetanov, Nicky Walker and all our previous scapegoats will begin to feel sorry for him.