Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clangers Away ?

Doesn't look too good for Langfield.

Seems to have fecked aff Calderwood big time...... if of course you believe what is printed in the Record ???

DONS AXE BAD BOY LANGFIELD

By Ian Orr

JAMIE LANGFIELD has been slapped on the transfer list by Aberdeen after a series of off-field incidents.

The 26-year-old keeper, who was in Scotland's squad in the Faroes, has had the offer of a new contract withdrawn and been warned there is no future for him at Pittodrie.

Just last month the Dons rejected a £70,000 bid from Rangers for Langfield, who manager Jimmy Calderwood rated the best in the country after Hearts' Craig Gordon.

But the keeper's world turned on its head during his stag party this month in Majorca where Calderwood and assistant Jimmy Nicholl have holiday homes.

It is understood Langfield was seen drunk and abusive in Magaluf and his conduct was witnessed by his manager.

After two earlier breaches of discipline, Calderwood decided his behaviour was unacceptable and instructed director of football Willie Miller to sell him.

Langfield has apologised but this has not altered Aberdeen's decision. He will be held up to his team-mates as an example of what will befall them if they step out of line.

Langfield's fall from grace leaves mentor Calderwood searching for another keeper.

If he doesn't find a club, Langfield will see out the remaining year on his contract in the reserves with Derek Soutar certain to be first choice.

Calderwood, who signed Langfield on a free from Dunfermline, didn't comment.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest At The Border Guy

Smells like shite to me...  Jimmy's done nothing but praise the guy for years, so he would have to have done something seriously bad to merit this.

It seems telling that the Daily Record is the only news source reporting this as well.

Smells like shite to me...  Jimmy's done nothing but praise the guy for years, so he would have to have done something seriously bad to merit this.

It seems telling that the Daily Record is the only news source reporting this as well.

Aye was wondering this myself loon.

Is it reported on Northsound this morning ?

Guest At The Border Guy

Aye was wondering this myself loon.

Is it reported on Northsound this morning ?

Good idea!  Problem solved:

http://www.northsound1.co.uk/article.asp?ID=236085

Northsound Sport can reveal Dons Keeper Jamie Langfield has NOT been put on the transfer list by the club - despite an alleged drunken confrontation with manager Jimmy Calderwood. Reports in this morning's papers suggest Langfield's days at Aberdeen are numbered. But a Pittodrie spokesman told me a few moments ago that the keeper hasn't been put on the transfer-list as punishment, and will meet Director Willie Miller in the next few days for contract talks .He did confirm Rangers have made an enquiry about Langfield - but that was rejected by Aberdeen....

shame if he's not being punted. he is rubbish, after all.

for a brief moment there, i thought we were in real danger of having a successful season next year without this clown in goals.

Ach hud on a minute there Bobby..... dinnae sit on the fence min.

Say what you mean loon ;)

Saw this on the BBC Scotland website.

Aberdeen have denied that goalkeeper Jamie Langfield is to be transfer listed following an alleged incident on his stag night in Spain.

The 27-year-old was quoted as admitting that manager Jimmy Calderwood was unhappy with his behaviour.

But a Dons spokesman stressed that talks about a new contract would continue once Calderwood and Langfield return from their holidays abroad.

Langfield recently rejected a transfer bid from Rangers.

Calderwood has said that the goalkeeper preferred to remain at Pittodrie as first choice rather than be back-up at Ibrox.

But, following the holiday incident, Langfield told the Daily Mail: "It was my stag night and I was drunk.

"I think everyone has been in a situation where they regret what they do on those sort of occasions.

"I spoke to the gaffer and he wasn't happy with me.

"I have apologised to him. But if he has made up his mind then that is it. I have to get on with my life now."

Langfield, previously of Dundee, Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle and Dunfermline Athletic, was part of the Scotland squad that travelled to the Faroe Islands in midweek.

Guest fraggis

Saw this one myself but check the mistakes!! Quality reporting

Keeper pays for stag night antics 

Jamie Langfield was part of the Scotland squad this week

Aberdeen have withdrawn the offer of a new contract to goalkeeper Jamie Langfield after a serious breach of discipline during a stag night.

The Scottish Premier League club will now listen to offers for the 27-year-old international squad keeper, who is getting married on Saturday.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood told BBC Sport: "He slipped up two or three times at the end of the season.

"The third one was maybe just a little bit over the top."

Calder wood was speaking following reports of a bust-up during a stag night in Spain.

It was my stag night and I was drunk

Calder wood has said that the goalkeeper preferred to remain at Potteries as first choice rather than be back-up at Biro.

But, following the holiday incident, Langfield told the Daily Mail: "It was my stag night and I was drunk.

"I think everyone has been in a situation where they regret what they do on those sort of occasions.

"I have apologised to him. But if he has made up his mind then that is it. I have to get on with my life now."

Langfield, previously of Dundee, Reith Rovers, Patrick Thistle and Dunfermline Athletic, was part of the Scotland squad that travelled to the Faroe Islands in midweek.

Saw this one myself but check the mistakes!! Quality reporting

Keeper pays for stag night antics 

Jamie Langfield was part of the Scotland squad this week

Aberdeen have withdrawn the offer of a new contract to goalkeeper Jamie Langfield after a serious breach of discipline during a stag night.

The Scottish Premier League club will now listen to offers for the 27-year-old international squad keeper, who is getting married on Saturday.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood told BBC Sport: "He slipped up two or three times at the end of the season.

"The third one was maybe just a little bit over the top."

Calder wood was speaking following reports of a bust-up during a stag night in Spain.

It was my stag night and I was drunk

Calder wood has said that the goalkeeper preferred to remain at Potteries as first choice rather than be back-up at Biro.

Langfield, previously of Dundee, Reith Rovers, Patrick Thistle and Dunfermline Athletic, was part of the Scotland squad that travelled to the Faroe Islands in midweek.

Guess someone's been using spellchecker injudiciously?

Guest CM1983

Calderwood was on Northtoday speaking from Majorca saying he's prepared to listen to offers for Langfield. Sounds like he's hoping the huns will come in for him again.

Hopefully someone will take this balloon of our hands. Maybe Killie as replacement for Smith or United as replacement for Stillie?

We'd be after some kind of cash so, unless big bucks come in for Naismith, i think that'd rule Kilmarnock out. On the one hand, i'm not upset he looks to be on his way out, but i'm not overly impressed that Souter's about to get a run. I've got even less faith in him than Langfield.

Got an email in from AFC red alert so don't think the rumours are shite. 

To be honest, I'll be glad to see the back of him.  What Jimmy sees in him to say, he is the best keeper in Scotland after Craig Gordon, is beyond me.  I don't think we stepped up in the world when we changed Preece for Langfield.  Not sure about Soutar either mind but, I see that Rab Douglas has been given a free transfer by leicester!!? :thumbsup:

If he's the best keeper in Scotland aftter Gordon, then the Scottish national team are royally fucked! I suppose we've got a habit of signing crap keepers with a reputation that's bigger than their ability ... of course I refer to Nicky Walker! Oh yeah, don't even talk to me about Tony Warner!!!!!! :hammer:

But after reading a number of articles regarding the issue, it would appear that JC/JN were not bothered about him being out on his stag night. It was the fact that he apparently said a few very distasteful things about JC & JN, and these words wormed their way back to Calderwood and Nicholl. Needless to say, Langfield's obviously said something sour about Calderwood and Nicholl because, even after apologising, JC has told him to gettae!

I'm just very very wary of the fact that there is now a GLARING hole in our team ... goalkeeper. I've not seen Soutar with my own eyes in a Dons top. But I remember him from years ago, and must admit he was the worst keeper I've seen since Nick Colgan.

So what now for our keeping-connundrum? Would bringing someone like Preecey back be an option? Or should we just forget about the keepers we know of and look in England and on the continent for someone else? I'm sure Calderwood wouldn't have told Bonny Langfield to gettae without having a backup plan in mind.

In a way, I'm kind of glad Jimmy's made an example of Langfield. Kind of tells the rest of the squad that the Dons mean business and will put up with no shite

Not sure if bringing Preece back would be the way to go but I reckon he was as good a keeper as Langfield and should never have been punted for Langfield in the first place.

3 possibilities at the moment -

1. Rab Douglas (would be a good signing but I'm sure he's looking for bigger wages than we can pay?)

2. David Marshall (Think he's been punted from shellick park - although have never really seen him so not sur eif he's any better/worse than landgfield?)

3. Tim Krul (Newcastle United - Been told to go out on loan - would be a great signing for us.  Has Given and Harper ahead of him so never going to get a chance at the 'Toon.  Also, might feel at home within our ever expanding Dutch contingent! :thumbsup:

Hmmmm, could do!

I feel Calderwood would rather get a permanent replacement in. And with us having fuckall in the bank to spend on transfer fees, that pretty much limits us. I had a wee check on all keepers available on a free around Scotland and England, and this is the list I came up with:

Rob Burch (Eng) - Tottenham Hotspur

Michael Oakes (Eng) - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Mark Crossley (Wal) - Fulham

Nathan Abbey (Eng) - Brentford

Josh Clapham (Eng) - Plymouth Argyle

Stuart Nelson (Eng) - Brentford

Laurence Matthewson (Eng) - Manchester City

Tony Bullock (Eng) - St Mirren

Jeroen Lambers (Ned) - Falkirk

Hmmmmm. Not much to choose from really! Burch and Oakes are the only names I really recognise there ... and even then I only know of Oakes cos I used his name as an April Fools signing a few years ago on DandyDons.co.uk. You know .. Oakes ... sounds like Hoax! Perhaps a loan signing is the way to go, unless we look to the continent. Maybe we can pick up a keeper when we're over in Egypt.

From what I can gather from the numerous reports in differing newspapers, he was saying something derrogatory about JC & JN whilst in Magaluf on his stag night. JC's villa is not in Magaluf, but word wormed its way to JC via several sources and he wasn't happy. When asked about it, Langfield basically confirmed what he said by apologising and using the excuse of "it was my stag night, I was pissed! Don't tell me you've not said something you've regretted when you were drunk".

It must've been something REALLY REALLY bad if he's been chucked on the scrapheap! Especially since Calderwood rates Langfield so highly

Hmmmm, could do!

I feel Calderwood would rather get a permanent replacement in. And with us having fuckall in the bank to spend on transfer fees, that pretty much limits us. I had a wee check on all keepers available on a free around Scotland and England, and this is the list I came up with:

Rob Burch (Eng) - Tottenham Hotspur

Michael Oakes (Eng) - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Mark Crossley (Wal) - Fulham

Nathan Abbey (Eng) - Brentford

Josh Clapham (Eng) - Plymouth Argyle

Stuart Nelson (Eng) - Brentford

Laurence Matthewson (Eng) - Manchester City

Tony Bullock (Eng) - St Mirren

Jeroen Lambers (Ned) - Falkirk

Hmmmmm. Not much to choose from really! Burch and Oakes are the only names I really recognise there ... and even then I only know of Oakes cos I used his name as an April Fools signing a few years ago on DandyDons.co.uk. You know .. Oakes ... sounds like Hoax! Perhaps a loan signing is the way to go, unless we look to the continent. Maybe we can pick up a keeper when we're over in Egypt.

Think Bullock's gone to Ross County, but i couldn't find myself excited by someone who couldn't get a game for St Mirren or United... Lambers i'm not sure about. Did he not start a game up here against us, then go off injured? Giant of a man, but a bit dodgy IIRC. Although, if he was injured that'd explain a lot. Crossley's got the experience, and he had some absolutely immense games for Fulham last season. But they were more the exception to the norm i think. Burch of Spurs interests me, but i wonder if he's maybe a bit young. Don't really know anything about him though.

Fabien Barthez anyone?! If we don't ask, we'll never know. And after all, if it's a bit of excitement we want in games, surely he's the man to provide it. Maybe not for the right reasons though.