Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

New stadium thread

The least planning onerous option is probably not far from what Tom has provided.  However, if we had a vast sum of money, i'd say you buy those houses, re-route the services, build a new road elsewhere to retain the access and build the main stand out.  The issue with the main stand is that we're trying to get it to do a number of things, provide commercial space as well as the much needed facilities that the club require.  They've made no secret that there isn't sufficient space for them to operate (given the scale of activities these days).  Whether they needed to be there or adjacent to the stadium is another question, however it certainly makes more sense to have it all within the same building.  This then relies on the people willing to sell and the council allowing us to re-route Pittodrie street.  There's then the fun with co-coordinating the re-routing with all the utility companies.  Achievable, but an unknown risk and very expensive.

Tom didn't provide a 17K seater though. That's what I'm asking. For the sake of my argument, let's add 4K seats to the mainer. How much taller and deeper would it need to be? Then, based on that drawing/dimension, which hooses would need to be bought, and why?

Tom, once I'm in NZ, and if this hasn't been resolved, I'll have a go at it  :thumbsup:

I'm afraid you'll have to go further than NZ to escape the responsibility Tom has just given you.

Thanks in advance... :thumbsup:

Tom didn't provide a 17K seater though. That's what I'm asking. For the sake of my argument, let's add 4K seats to the mainer. How much taller and deeper would it need to be? Then, based on that drawing/dimension, which hooses would need to be bought, and why?

I'm afraid you'll have to go further than NZ to escape the responsibility Tom has just given you.

Thanks in advance... :thumbsup:

;D

Once I have time, i'll definitely look at this.  I can provide a section  :thumbsup:

Roger Manc.

I now see that by Tom you meant the Widdows character and that what you were referring to was not that twitter thread (which I didn't read anyway) but to some stuff earlier in this thread including his drawing.

I also see that you were referring to self-proclaimed experts in civil engineering stuff, which obviously doesn't include me.

From my point of view, and Rico possibly nails it with his post earlier today, I simply don't believe that there was any will to develop Pittodrie by the current chairman, following Ian Donald's obvious agenda of doing so with the building of the RDS. That's my sole bugbear. That Milne decided that relocation was best (for him) and was pursuing this agenda before the paint was even dry on the RDS. Had he been acting in the best interests of AFC, he would have spelled out then why the Main Stand could not have been rebuilt and why relocation was an integral part of our future. This was TWENTY fucking years ago!

It's the basic neglect of the facility and the turning upside down of our balance sheet, not to mention the advent of time (and HSE rules etc. etc.) that helps his agenda enormously. It was an agenda that ran contrary to the last chairman and it was an agenda that was never openly discussed with the customers nor the city and shire. It's going to be a new soulless white elephant is my fear, one that was put upon us by deceit and stealth and that is never the NE way.

I hope I'm totally wrong and that it will be a fantastic facility that attracts even bigger crowds and we become a profitable business with a successful team on the park. I hope Stewrat's vision turns out to be a boon, despite the way he went about it. But he lied to us in the Capitol in 1996 when he said that "the product would always be his no. 1 priority". Not only was that a strange thing to say, we thought at the time (as it didn't need saying, being so obvious), it clearly was NOT the case that "the product" - which he has subsequently referred to as "the football side of the business" - was EVER his number 1 priority.

Back on topic.

A few more consultant responses have been uploaded and it would appear transport Scotland & the Flooding & Coastal protection department have now given conditional approval.

transport conditions are as follows:

(a) The proposed development shall not become operational until a Travel Plan / Transport

Management Strategy, which addresses inter alia, access by walking and cycling, public transport

provision, car parking management and traffic management, has been submitted to and approved

in writing by the Planning Authority, following consultation with Transport Scotland and Police

Scotland.

The Transport Management Strategy shall incorporate a monitoring and review process to be

undertaken for each match day / event held at the Stadium. Where this review process identifies

issues with the existing Transport Management Strategy, the applicant shall submit proposals to

address these issues to the Planning Authority who, in consultation with the relevant Roads

Authorities (Transport Scotland, Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council) and Police

Scotland, shall approve amendments to the Transport Management Strategy for subsequent

events.

(b) Specifically, with regards to the trunk road network, the Transport Management Strategy shall

identify the procedures for managing queues before and after matches on the A90 slip roads at the

AWPR / A944 Kingswells South Junction, for example, through traffic signal control or manual

control by Police Scotland. Where permanent traffic signal control is proposed, the layout design

and specification shall all be approved in writing by the Planning Authority, following consultation

with Transport Scotland and Police Scotland, and thereafter installed to the agreed plans prior to the

development becoming operational.

2 No part of the development shall become operational until details of match day advanced directional

and warning signage have been submitted to, and approved by, the Planning Authority, following

consultation with Transport Scotland, and thereafter erected in accordance with the agreed plans.

Here, my last effort at Pittodrie. There's no way they're going to go through rebuilding current stands so a new build.

I've used Arka Gdynia's 15,000 capacity stadium which looks up to all our regulations.

8aw4IzD.jpg

Use a slope if necessary for light issues from the flats.

xwRG0jo.jpg

Stick whatever required and the main entrance on the north end like Old Trafford.

w33mZPx.jpg

Flatten the car park hill. Build the outer 2.5 stands first while we use the current ground so they can be used the next season.

9eQKG5s.jpg

x7BEE3V.jpg

Bang. Circulation. Evacuation. Near 20k. Concourses. Facilities. Double the parking space where West Pittodrie was.

Not far off the same shape and footprint as Anderlecht.

7ECdRMg.jpg

It's a decent effort, Jess, something that we looked at a while ago, I think Tom alluded to it in one of his posts. Ignoring scale for the time being, the issue here being that we'd still have to pay to play elsewhere due to grass growth, not sure the club could afford suffer the loss of income and increased outgoings. It's one of the benefits of building elsewhere as they'd still have an income. Tottenham is a prime example of what you've shown. I'd guess we'd probably close to toms capacity as you've currently shown it, as we'd probably want more commercial space. Nice stadium though.

the sea is not 30ft below the stadium or it would have sunk by now

you can dig down 30ft without hitting water of falling through to Australia

Would the stadium not then be fraught with flooding and drainage issues? That's pretty damn close to the sea.