Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Dunfermline replay - live on Sky / £10 a ticket

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why don't you?!

There's loads of Megabus adverts about Aberdeen I keep seeing saying "Aberdeen to Manchester £1"

Haha I live in Glasgow now, but just a) can't afford it and b) can't afford to take that amount of time off from uni :( I'll just noise up the weegies in my usual style  8)

Haha I live in Glasgow now, but just a) can't afford it and b) can't afford to take that amount of time off from uni :( I'll just noise up the weegies in my usual style  8)

:lolabove:

Sorry for my ignorance, with a name like 'manc_don' and a bit that says you're in the Globe Reds, why wouldn't you be in the weeg?? ::)

:lolabove:

Sorry for my ignorance, with a name like 'manc_don' and a bit that says you're in the Globe Reds, why wouldn't you be in the weeg?? ::)

Having met him I had always assumed that it was short for 'Manky Bastard' him being a student an' all.

This is a bit of a long shot but does anybody know of any bars in Manchester that may show the game?

You shouldn't have a problem as I don't think there are any other important games on are there? Otherwise, Walkabout (just off deansgate). There used to be a sports bar next door to it but it appears to have shut down. There is also the Waldorf (just off the street as you walk down from Picalily station to the gardens.

Edit: There is also O'sheas (IRA pub) but they are generally cunts about it and I went there a number of times to be told it was a Smeltic pub.  i'll let you know if I think of any others.

This is a bit of a long shot but does anybody know of any bars in Manchester that may show the game?

I guess most bars with Sky will show the game were you to ask in advance as there's no other televised match that night?

I guess most bars with Sky will show the game were you to ask in advance as there's no other televised match that night?

Most will do, but do check to make sure there aren't any prem league games on. They were sometimes funny about it when I was there. It was a reason why I started to watch it locally rather than city centre when I lived there.

Sharpie, just remembered a great wee pub with a number of good beers on draught and bottle.

The Crown and Kettle. top of Oldham Street, opposite the frog and bucket comedy club. You have to cross Ancoats (road) to get to it, but its a great pub with a burnt out ceiling. Definite football pub so get there in advance and ask there. nice pub.

Otherwise, as I said, the Waldorf Hotel (small typical old mans pub) which is off Picadilly street on I think its Gore Street. You'll see it from that walk down from the station on your left hand side anyway.

Just fyi, If you fancy some good beer, goto the Oyster Bar on corporation square. The Alpine lager (Samuel Smiths) is both nice and cheap, 1.70!  :thumbsup: tudor pub that was raised to allow for construction around the area.

Cheers Manc min. There are loads of Sam Smith's down here and I have gotten to know Alpine very well over the years. I didn't realise there was fark all football on elsewhere so hopefully should be ok.

PS Just got back from Tokyo yesterday. That's some place and a half!

WE HAVE REASONS TO BE CONFIDENT GOING INTO THE GAME, SAYS ABERDEEN MANAGER

Calderwood homes in on Pars in cup countdown

By Paul Third

Published: 17/03/2009

Aberdeen have an impressive home record in cup competitions under Jimmy Calderwood. The Dons manager is in no mood to surrender it with a place in the Scottish Cup semi-final at stake.

Dunfermline, who have been finalists twice in the last six years, visit Pittodrie tomorrow in the quarter-final replay after a 1-1 draw at East End Park.

Pars manager Jim McIntyre believes playing away from home will suit his players, who have struggled at home this season. But Calderwood is in no mood to let a semi-final berth pass his team by. He said: “We have gone out to Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United, all away from home, in my time here. The only time we have lost at home in any cup competition while I have been manager was to Rangers in my first season in charge.

“Even in the Uefa Cup we are unbeaten at home, so we have reasons to be confident going into the game. We know what we have to do. We are at home again and we are undefeated since the first four games of the season at home.â€

With the Pars slipping out of the First Division title race, Calderwood is mindful the national cup competition is the last chance for success for his former club and has warned his players they will have to start better than they did in the first game.

He said: “Dunfermline have always had a good, experienced team and they are capable of beating most teams on their day. Their senior players know this is their last chance of success this year and they caused us problems in the opening 20 minutes at East End Park.

“If we start as poorly again we will be in big trouble.

“The last couple of results have probably cost Dunfermline their chance of promotion, so the cup will have taken on even greater significance for them.

“They will think they have as good a chance as any of the teams left of reaching the final and they have the recent track record of reaching finals to fuel their belief. The first goal is crucial. If Dunfermline get it, they will take a massive lift and the home supporters will be on edge. If we get it then it will be very difficult for them as not many teams score two goals here. It is up to us to set the pace and try to dictate.â€

Calderwood received some positive news yesterday when Lee Miller resumed training.

The Dons forward was expected to be out for another couple of weeks with a hamstring injury but has returned quicker than expected.

Midfielder Gary McDonald is also back in training and is in contention for tomorrow’s game. The Dons manager said: “Lee is back running which is great news. He could be fit for Saturday. Gary is also fit for selection for Wednesday. He is eager to return.

“Those two players have shown there are goals in them and we have really missed Gary’s energy levels. He times his runs well and is horrible to play against. We’ve missed him. He has made himself so important for us.â€

Fuck me, not much chat about this today!

IN/Out: Out

Pre Match: Flat

Match: Hubbards

Post Match: Depends on the result!

Not overly confident, but fuck it, hopefully we'll have a large support for tonight, my only worry is it seems that generally when the club does offers like this one, not many people take them up on it  :-\ Anyway, COME ON YOU REDS left get fired into these fife minks!  :thumbsup: