Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three games unbeaten!!!  ;D

:-\

I know nobody wants to see us lose but maybe we would be better losing the odd game to keep the fires going!

3 points for a win - 1 for a draw. This is going to kill our hopes of europa cup fitba from league position.

Draws kill the passion. We need a spark.

"Kevin and Perry Go Large" is coming on ITV2. Maybe that will lift me out of the doldrums.

I guess it's good to see the team fighting after going a goal down with roughly 15 minutes left.

Other than that I'm getting a bit pissed off with all these draws.

Just battled home through the snow after watching the Dons being passed off the park by a team that got beat 7-0 on Saturday and believe me, it could have been worse.

The boy Vidal was out of his depth. Yes seriously. I've never seen a worse defensive display in many moons, especially in the first half. He was quite simply a clown out there tonight  :hammer:

Another bleat (sic) was when Wright scored. Mulgrew celebrated like we'd won somethikng rather than rescuiong a point against a team that leaks like a cauldron. What's that all about  ???

Big and only plus was the performance of Wright who, when given his chance looks like he actually cares. When he came on he chased everything and looked like he could do a real job for us. Rock on Tommy.  :thumbsup:

Just battled home through the snow after watching the Dons being passed off the park by a team that got beat 7-0 on Saturday and believe me, it could have been worse.

The boy Vidal was out of his depth. Yes seriously. I've never seen a worse defensive display in many moons, especially in the first half. He was quite simply a clown out there tonight  :hammer:

Another bleat (sic) was when Wright scored. Mulgrew celebrated like we'd won somethikng rather than rescuiong a point against a team that leaks like a cauldron. What's that all about  ???

Big and only plus was the performance of Wright who, when given his chance looks like he actually cares. When he came on he chased everything and looked like he could do a real job for us. Rock on Tommy.  :thumbsup:

Spot on. Vidal clearly has a bit of learning to do, he spent far too much time ball watching instead of keeping an eye on which St. Mirren player was sauntering into space every 30 seconds.

Glad to hear re Wright. Unfortunately a draw was what I thought it would be. I know there's lots of points to play for, but I just can't see Europe next season, unless through the cup. Unlike me, believe me, I'm not confident at all about saturday either.

Hope I'm wrong!

Spot on. Vidal clearly has a bit of learning to do, he spent far too much time ball watching instead of keeping an eye on which St. Mirren player was sauntering into space every 30 seconds.

Agree with that. I had to ask Topcorner if he actually was a right back because it was a joke of a performance! I think we may have got him possibly a season too early. Because what I saw of him the first time I thought he looked composed and could pick a pass but after last night, I'm not so sure. He's still very young and has a lot of learning to do but I'm not convinced we should be playing him at RB, was dragged inside far too often or even just wondered there himself. I also agree re what Ajja said on the other thread about the system we were "playing" last night, I think Vidal highlighted this for me, cos he didn't seem to know who the hell he was supposed to be marking. We need to start winning games, but as I said on the other thread, at least we're not losing.

I'd seriously like to know what happened to the confidence we had going into the Xmas Hearts game and the back to back games against the Weegie twins.

Up until that point I was certain we were going to cruise past Hearts and Utd to take Europe.  But after being beaten by one and drawing with the other at home, the lack of self belief from the players seems to have filtered down to me.

I just can't see it now.

What happened?  :-\

I'd seriously like to know what happened to the confidence we had going into the Xmas Hearts game and the back to back games against the Weegie twins.

Up until that point I was certain we were going to cruise past Hearts and Utd to take Europe.  But after being beaten by one and drawing with the other at home, the lack of self belief from the players seems to have filtered down to me.

I just can't see it now.

What happened?   :-\

God knows, maybe they too thought that they would cruise through this then came up against a team who battled and hard and we seem to have lost the plot. Its the same old thing with us though, seem to get stuck in a rut whereby we just can't seem to get things to click. Earlier on in the season it was we couldn't help but lose, now its we just can't do enough to win. As much as I like JC you do have to question his motivational skills. Was talking to a tim mate of mine and he stated that the two reasons why he hates JC are because a) he can never motivate his teams against "lesser" opposition, and b) he doesn't play consistently good football. Both of which I do agree with because we struggle with both but the latter I can be more sympathetic with. But obviosuly I don't hate JC, i mean afterall JIG ;)

I think you mean he hates JC because we beat them 3-2 at Parkhead a few years back, knocked them out the cup last year and beat them 4-2 recently.

Don't listen to fans of the Old Firm!

:lolabove: Usually I'd agree with you, but he is actually....wait for it....a sensible OF fan  :o  Probably one of the very few and he actually knows what he's talking about. Obviously he wants us to beat the huns at every opportunity but even he is dumbfounded as to why we can't get a win of late.

God knows, maybe they too thought that they would cruise through this then came up against a team who battled and hard and we seem to have lost the plot. Its the same old thing with us though, seem to get stuck in a rut whereby we just can't seem to get things to click. Earlier on in the season it was we couldn't help but lose, now its we just can't do enough to win. As much as I like JC you do have to question his motivational skills. Was talking to a tim mate of mine and he stated that the two reasons why he hates JC are because a) he can never motivate his teams against "lesser" opposition, and b) he doesn't play consistently good football. Both of which I do agree with because we struggle with both but the latter I can be more sympathetic with. But obviosuly I don't hate JC, i mean afterall JIG ;)

We were talking about this at the game last night and in the pub afterwards.  If you watch JC from the very second the first whistle goes, he's out on the touchline throwing his arms about in what is usually exasperation and often in anger at the slightest little thing going wrong.  Why does he do that? What is it going to achieve?  He can not possibly think this is going to have a positive effect on the players, can he?  I know that it is more than likely that the players become switched off from it, but Langfield had a go back at JC last night in the first half.  It creates the impression that the players are always the ones at fault and are continually going against his tactics or advice.  If that is the case, then there are big problems on both sides.

We were talking about this at the game last night and in the pub afterwards.  If you watch JC from the very second the first whistle goes, he's out on the touchline throwing his arms about in what is usually exasperation and often in anger at the slightest little thing going wrong.  Why does he do that? What is it going to achieve?  He can not possibly think this is going to have a positive effect on the players, can he?  I know that it is more than likely that the players become switched off from it, but Langfield had a go back at JC last night in the first half.  It creates the impression that the players are always the ones at fault and are continually going against his tactics or advice.  If that is the case, then there are big problems on both sides.

Reminded me of Peterheid loons description of Jimmy pre-season at Brechin

Jimmy - My god what a sight he is to watch close up!! He stood there huffing and puffing, throwing his arms up in the air doing half spins like some 80's raver who had just double dropped at Traks' at Mintlaw on a Saturday night! His instructions consisted of telling Foster to sort out his passing (well that worked well) and telling "Kerrzer" to drop back. Shouting out random players names but appearing to give no clear instruction to them. That and pointing at random people and then shaking his head or doing more arm flapping actions or huffing and puffing.

smiley-dance016.gif

I just can't see it now.

What happened?   :-\

There is one thing you can be sure of. If you give up on that dream of 3rd place Hearts and UTD will start to drop points and we will be back in the hunt in a few weeks.

In all seriousness, there are so many points to be lost in the coming weeks that its hard to write off any outcome. We could have Motherwell and Hibs breathing down our necks and staring at 7th place or we could be back in 3rd. Its a lottery. The depressing thing is that we cannot be too confident of beating anyone at present so who the fuck knows what is going to happen......hope that helps  ;)

There is one thing you can be sure of. If you give up on that dream of 3rd place Hearts and UTD will start to drop points and we will be back in the hunt in a few weeks.

In all seriousness, there are so many points to be lost in the coming weeks that its hard to write off any outcome. We could have Motherwell and Hibs breathing down our necks and staring at 7th place or we could be back in 3rd. Its a lottery. The depressing thing is that we cannot be too confident of beating anyone at present so who the fuck knows what is going to happen......hope that helps  ;)

We've all been through it often enough to know that's how it works.  I'm just puzzled at what happened to the confidence where we seemed to be acting the part?

It's usually injuries, suspensions  around this time of year or something else that you can point the finger at that has that sort of effect but we've had none of the above.  We just seem to have had an invisible rug pulled from under us and I can't figure out what that was.  :-\

We've all been through it often enough to know that's how it works.  I'm just puzzled at what happened to the confidence where we seemed to be acting the part?

It's usually injuries, suspensions  around this time of year or something else that you can point the finger at that has that sort of effect but we've had none of the above.  We just seem to have had an invisible rug pulled from under us and I can't figure out what that was.   :-\

McDonald. Massive blow.

It's usually injuries, suspensions  around this time of year or something else that you can point the finger at that has that sort of effect but we've had none of the above.  We just seem to have had an invisible rug pulled from under us and I can't figure out what that was.   :-\

Thumping Celtic at Pittodrie ?

= everyone coming to Pittodrie shut up shop (3 draws in our last 3 games, 2 of which were 0-0)

= teams are more wary of us and set out stall differently generally

= egos get out of control and we think we just have to turn up again

Time to slip back under the radar and show some humility

I think its pretty clear that our drop in form is in direct correlation to mcdonald getting injured but even more so since seve has been moved into midfield to cover.  In recent games the defence has been all over the place and i reckon its cos seve isnt there to run it.  If you look at all fergie's great centre back pairings there has been a brains and a brawn.  Eg Miller told mcleish who to go in hard on and mcleish then went and nailed him.  It was the same with bruce and pallister and now ferdinand and vidic.  Lee Mair is not enough of a leader on the park to play the miller role and zander is clearly the mcleish.  We need to get seve back in the defence.

he is actually....wait for it....a sensible OF fan  :o  Probably one of the very few and he actually knows what he's talking about

An Old Firm fan who knows there are more than two teams in the SPL? I reckon your mate is just too ashamed to admit he's actually a Partick Thistle fan!

• 5 weeks later...

The thing is, nobody seems to be impressed that our poor season sees us sitting in 4th place.

Is that purely down to the football on display being so poor or have we got used to the fact we're at a stage where we can press for Europe each season and now expect 3rd place?

JC must be pulling his hair out as much as us.  Albeit for entirely different reasons no doubt!

The thing is, nobody seems to be impressed that our poor season sees us sitting in 4th place.

Is that purely down to the football on display being so poor or have we got used to the fact we're at a stage where we can press for Europe each season and now expect 3rd place?

JC must be pulling his hair out as much as us.  Albeit for entirely different reasons no doubt!

I don't see our league form as especially poor. Hearts had to get their act together eventually I guess, paying the kind of money they do will tend to attract better quality.

It is the continued fucking bare arsed embarrassment in the cups that is killing us.

It's very annoying to read that the players who have us chasing Europe don't seem to have any urgency, bite, confidence or bollocks.

They must be doing something right but I'm fucked if I know what that is.

Distinct lack of balls. Doesn't take any tenacity to talk a lot of shite to a newspaper, well, the EE etc.

As Mr. T says these days, "GIT SUM NUTZ!"