Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

I also know there are arseholes in the Red Ultras - like the prick singing anti-pope songs on the train back from Inverness.

Was that the same cunt who started smoking and proceeded to spit in my face whenever he spoke and then looked shocked when i took umbridge?

As for the annoying flag waving thing

I too get very annoyed when my view of the match is obstructed. If this obstruction happens to be because ther person infront is 7ft tall and cant hep it then ill accept it but when its someone with constantly waving a flag who takes the hump when you ask nicely if they would refrain from doing so during open play then my opinion changes.

Im quite tall and after years of complainign in my ear i have always made a concious effort not to obstruct the view of those behind me be it at a football match, cinema or concert. This usually involves arriving early and making my way to the back row but this isnt always possible. There seems to be some consipracy by the ticket offices to put sit small children or short people direclty behind me in all ticket matches.

The whole 'they bring colour to the matches and should therefore be appreciatted' doesnt wash for me. They need to learn consideration for those around them who may not want to be involved.

You cant have it both ways and perhaps if the whole thing was better organised by both the ultras and the club then relations could be improved. Ideas such as not selling pay at the gate tickets for the ultras section so the typical walk up fan doesnt have to get involved. Dont know how this could work for away matches unless they specifically allocated the back rows only to the Flag waving bridage or perhaps a section at the edges of the stands.

The main problem with this world (not just football)  is that too many people only care about themselves and whether or not they have a good time. In my opinion the Ultras are their own worst enemy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was in the Red Ultras, I wouldn't want my face shown on a foto as part of the group at a fitba match, in light of some of the crap printed in the mainstream media in recent weeks. Some of the members have good jobs and it is a shame they now feel ashamed to be part of a supporters club, that's all it is, a supporters club.

Also in light of some of the shite that has been directed at them from Aberdeen fans on internet message boards.

So their atempt to try and improve their image and potentially gain some support is to show they are ashamed of who they are?

I cant help but draw comparisons with certain UK residents when their names were found on the BNP membership lists.

I assume its only a matter of time before each member turns up in a balaclava to conceil their identity because of

''some of the shite that has been directed at them from Aberdeen fans on internet message boards''

ridiculous  ::)

perhaps an over reaction but think of it this way

you do something that you know is not popular and therefore want to keep it private because you are scared of what people will think of/ do to you

difference is in this case the people in question show their face and carry out their apparent unpopular activity in public 1 day a week

But then feel the need to hide this when posting pictures 'showing off' their antics

I must be fortunate in that ive never partaken or believed in something that i was ashamed or scared that people knew about it

To many people get personally involved in what these guys are doing. They are just a bunch of fans trying to enjoy themselves. We all have our ways of doing this and we are all guilty of doing it without thinking every second about the impact on others. Some fan groups do it by getting wasted and bouncing about in pubs or trains singing all manner of shit in front of joe public. Some choose to grafitti on billboards (  :P ) others sing idiotic songs about mattresses and people mums. A large amount of football fans behaviour is going to offend someone or at the very least inconvenience a few folk. If you go to the football expecting consideration, goodwill and general positive sentiment from your fellow supporters then I would politely suggest you take up watching snooker or chess.

Is that how few of them are left?!?! Christ they are as big as the "Motherwell" Ultras. I was chatting to someone about this the other day and its had a significant increase on the atmosphere heard on the radio. I have no problem with the Ultras at all and commend them on actually trying to make life at Pittodrie a bit brighter at times. The displays they've done have been absolutely outstanding and I hope they continue!

To many people get personally involved in what these guys are doing. They are just a bunch of fans trying to enjoy themselves. We all have our ways of doing this and we are all guilty of doing it without thinking every second about the impact on others. Some fan groups do it by getting wasted and bouncing about in pubs or trains singing all manner of shit in front of joe public. Some choose to grafitti on billboards (  :P ) others sing idiotic songs about mattresses and people mums. A large amount of football fans behaviour is going to offend someone or at the very least inconvenience a few folk. If you go to the football expecting consideration, goodwill and general positive sentiment from your fellow supporters then I would politely suggest you take up watching snooker or chess.

:thumbsup:

Well said loon. I was about to slate them, then I read your post and it made me think "hang on, I'm one of those folkies who loves to sing the most vile and hated Aberdeen songs whilst walking alone down Princes Street at 3am on a Saturday night".

So I suppose waving Aberdeen flags at an Aberdeen match is not really cause for concern, to be perfectly honest. And if it helps Pittodrie to lose the "morgue" status that it has held for years, then I'm all for them doing whatever is needed.

The most annoying part for me was watching 'the leader', and i'm calling him 'the leader' because he looked like the only one old enough tomake relations legally with a female, banging on a drum, not watching the game, facing them. Why?!

One day Section Y will be like this Bobo, one day...

Go to 1.58  ;)

It's widely accepted as common courtesy that pictures or full names are not used on internet message boards. In the same manner that people keep their Bebo or Facebook profiles hidden to anyone but friends.

Someone should tell that to Mizer and Fatjim.  :wave:

Almost brings a tear to the eye.....

I miss the days of being young and loud.

Problem is I don't think the majority of the fans would be arsed about it. Typical Aberdeen fan stops singing half way through sing song. Was the atmosphere much better when Alcohol was sold in Pittodrie?

Problem is I don't think the majority of the fans would be arsed about it. Typical Aberdeen fan stops singing half way through sing song. Was the atmosphere much better when Alcohol was sold in Pittodrie?

I think it goes deeper than that. Its part of our calvanist humanism that as a nation we are generally very cynical, self-deprecating individuals who sneer and scoff at anyone trying to display any over exhuberence or enthusiasm that might in some way convey excessive enjoyment. Put simply we are just a bunch of miserable cunts.

I think it goes deeper than that. Its part of our calvanist humanism that as a nation we are generally very cynical, self-deprecating individuals who sneer and scoff at anyone trying to display any over exhuberence or enthusiasm that might in some way convey excessive enjoyment. Put simply we are just a bunch of miserable cunts.

I did try and avoid saying that ;)

well fucking said Ajja +1

One day Section Y will be like this Bobo, one day...

Go to 1.58  ;)

Would love that but can never see it happening due to the Ultras high and mighty attitude where they won't sing unless they have started the song and due to a fair percentage of fans thinking they are cunts.

I have no problem with the displays they do, they are great. I draw the line at flag waving during the match.