Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tango's been here for 200 games???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We want to see the team win or at least get to a cup final - not just win one off games :)

my point was mearly that if these teams can reach / win cup finals surely with our management team / budget this SHOULD be a piece of piss for us?

Do you not want to see us win a trophy?

Do you not want to see us win a trophy?

Of course we do.

But Ebbe's trophey haul ranks with that of Calderwood.  So why the hard-on over two cup finals where we were embarrassed?  That's no benchmark, that's just one one-off game more than the one-off game you said you're not interested in.

I was suicidal over the semi defeat because I knew we were in with a chance of winning the cup.  Neither of the two finals under Ebbe did anyone give us any hope of beating the Huns or Tims as they were fucking us hard in the mouth every other time we played them.

I'd fancy our chances against either of them these days.

Jimmy said the fans expectations are too high, however you are correct, as JIG'ers think reaching two semi final and getting pumped in them is what makes a great season.

No, the European trip made last season a great season.

Didn't hear any complaints from you or anyone else for those games.

Jimmy said the fans expectations are too high, however you are correct, as JIG'ers think reaching two semi final and getting pumped in them is what makes a great season.

yeah, so he's still talking shit then, isn't he?  We all have ambitions and expectations for the club, but maybe not all of us think that sacking the manager at every juncture is the way to achieve this.  I've moved camps a couple of times with this - after the Tynecastle semi I was all for him going, i don't think i've been as angry after a game, the other semi i was away on holiday and that cushioned the blow for me but still wanted him out.  

At the moment though, you have to accept that we're "stuck" with him but you also have to accept that we're a couple of wins away from putting big pressure on Hearts and United in the race for third. Things will change many times over the course of the season and we'll have a few bad results, but i also know we'll have a couple of cracking results too.

I do agree that a cup final appearance (at least) has to come at sompoint, otherwise for a club our size what's the point?  But continually moaning about everything and anything is fucking tiresome at best, and to be honest, simply de-values your opinion cos you put a negative spin on absolutely everything.

yeah, so he's still talking shit then, isn't he?  We all have ambitions and expectations for the club, but maybe not all of us think that sacking the manager at every juncture is the way to achieve this.  I've moved camps a couple of times with this - after the Tynecastle semi I was all for him going, i don't think i've been as angry after a game, the other semi i was away on holiday and that cushioned the blow for me but still wanted him out.  

At the moment though, you have to accept that we're "stuck" with him but you also have to accept that we're a couple of wins away from putting big pressure on Hearts and United in the race for third. Things will change many times over the course of the season and we'll have a few bad results, but i also know we'll have a couple of cracking results too.

I do agree that a cup final appearance (at least) has to come at sompoint, otherwise for a club our size what's the point?  But continually moaning about everything and anything is fucking tiresome at best, and to be honest, simply de-values your opinion cos you put a negative spin on absolutely everything.

Dear me min! Why are you guys so upset, angry and unhappy that we dont see things the same way you do? Do you want me to be a hypocrite and run around following the crowds consensus and not say what I think? Of course not!

If Jimmy's management is so good why are you worried about people not being on the pro-jimmy bandwagon?

Dear me min! Why are you guys so upset, angry and unhappy that we dont see things the same way you do? Do you want me to be a hypocrite and run around following the crowds consensus and not say what I think? Of course not!

If Jimmy's management is so good why are you worried about people not being on the pro-jimmy bandwagon?

To be fair it's more that you're a pair of objectionable wee basturds than what you're saying  :thumbsup:

Mizer, believe me, you do not have the ability to upset, anger or make me unhappy.

And why on earth would i be worried about you not being on the pro-Jimmy bandwagon?  I certainly wouldn't call myself "Pro-Jimmy", more just pro-Aberdeen, and while we're in the position to make a good charge for third and the Scottish Cup hasn't started yet, I won't be getting my knickers in a twist about it, if that's alright with you?

To be fair it's more that you're a pair of objectionable wee basturds than what you're saying  :thumbsup:

See I like that, straight and to the point  :thumbsup:

Mizer, believe me, you do not have the ability to upset, anger or make me unhappy.

And why on earth would i be worried about you not being on the pro-Jimmy bandwagon?  I certainly wouldn't call myself "Pro-Jimmy", more just pro-Aberdeen, and while we're in the position to make a good charge for third and the Scottish Cup hasn't started yet, I won't be getting my knickers in a twist about it, if that's alright with you?

Why did you complain about me being 'negative' then?

Yes, looking at the fixtures we have a good chance to get up the table with Hearts. But the way I look at it is we should be up with hearts, if not above them at this point with the squad and resources we have. Is that negative or positive? I dunno, but I would say positive as I know they can play better.

See I like that, straight and to the point  :thumbsup:

Why did you complain about me being 'negative' then?

Yes, looking at the fixtures we have a good chance to get up the table with Hearts. But the way I look at it is we should be up with hearts, if not above them at this point with the squad and resources we have. Is that negative or positive? I dunno, but I would say positive as I know they can play better.

It was merely an observation, I wasn't complaining.

more fuel to the fire, I'm outta here:

Nicked off Mad

MANAGER PLAYED WON PCNT

Alex Miller 42 11 26%

Steve Paterson 68 23 34%

Ebbe Skovdahl 159 55 35%

Paul Hegarty 20 7 35%

Jimmy Philip 726 263 36%

Tommy Pearson 233 87 37%

Roy Aitken 123 50 41%

Jimmy Calderwood 199 83 42%

Ally MacLeod 76 33 43%

Willie Miller 155 72 46%

Pat Travers 576 271 47%

Jimmy Bonthrone 204 96 47%

Dave Halliday 436 206 47%

Dave Shaw 196 94 48%

Eddie Turnbull 291 140 48%

Ian Porterfield 89 44 49%

Alex Smith / Jock Scott 178 93 52%

Alex Ferguson 455 271 60%

Billy McNeill 50 31 62%

more fuel to the fire, I'm outta here:

Nicked off Mad

MANAGER PLAYED WON PCNT

Alex Miller 42 11 26%

Steve Paterson 68 23 34%

Ebbe Skovdahl 159 55 35%

Paul Hegarty 20 7 35%

Jimmy Philip 726 263 36%

Tommy Pearson 233 87 37%

Roy Aitken 123 50 41%

Jimmy Calderwood 199 83 42%

Ally MacLeod 76 33 43%

Willie Miller 155 72 46%

Pat Travers 576 271 47%

Jimmy Bonthrone 204 96 47%

Dave Halliday 436 206 47%

Dave Shaw 196 94 48%

Eddie Turnbull 291 140 48%

Ian Porterfield 89 44 49%

Alex Smith / Jock Scott 178 93 52%

Alex Ferguson 455 271 60%

Billy McNeill 50 31 62%

Bring back Billy McNeil  :thumbsup:

I’ve read some shite in my time but that’s up there, it really is.  If you can find any proof of that I’d be shocked, stunned and amazed.

The league standings aren’t decided by your resources, money, debt, support or otherwise.  If so then we’d let accountants do some sums at the start of the season and then we can all sit and look at a bonny list of 12 teams which mean fuck all in the way of football.

Meanwhile, back in the real world:  22 blokes run around on a field with 1 making strange decisions that influence the game in weird and mysterious ways that nobody can really quite fathom.  Anything can happen during those 90 minutes and if you multiply that by the number of games in a season then it’s just about anybodies guess.

The reason is that these startling resources you and Stoney keep banging on about are fuck all in comparison to the other teams out with the O.F.  “But Calderwood has spent X, Y, Z in the past 1, 2, 3 seasons………..blah-dee-blah!â€.  Well guess what, he’s fucking had to as we were the laughing stock of the SPL.  Not the Dundee that’s now fucked, the Motherwell who was minutes from switching the lights off, not the Lego factory workers halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow.  Us.  We were being managed

We were being managed by a man who had MADE IN CHINA stamped on his arse, had a flower that squirted water pinned to his lapel, chain smoked on the touchline and made funny remarks about our heavy defeats.  The next one was too hungover to manage all that or even manage the team so he had a kip in the boot of a car and someone drove off to the scrap yard without knowing he was there.

Nobody is saying this is where we want to be, nobody is lapping in the glory of semi finals, I'd very much doubt anyone of these JIG's that you bang on about think JC is the 'special one' but he's certainly a step in the right direction if you ask me.  We've made a profit for the first time in a decade, we're actually selling players for hard cash, we're no longer ashamed to tell people who we support, we're no longer expecting a humping from anyone (although defeats happen from time to time) and we're no longer the sinking ship that we once were.

My biggest gripe is that we don't seem to build on our successes and it's back to square one each season.  That and having to read your pish about how we're in shite-state and that it's all doom and gloom.  As for Stoney, he puts more into our rival's coffers than he does to AFC so I just find his ramblings about our shite players ridiculous.

JMG?  JIG?  No, Jimmy is the manager of our team and until he stops improving us each season then I don’t see any reason to ask for his head.