Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Best 11???

Langfield

Foster - Diamond - Considine - Mulgrew

Smith - Seve - McDonald - Aluko

Mackie - Miller

Just don't trust Seve in defence and expect him to start picking up again now that he will actually have to put up a fight for a place in midfield. Reckon Wright looks like nothing more than a fucking liability so far, so sticking with Dazzling!

:thumbsup:

Langfield

Diamond Considine Severin Mulgrew

J Smith Kerr McDonald Aluko

Mackie Miller

I think Considine's early season form means he shouldnt be dropped when Diamond returns

Diamond is usually a nightmare when at RB.

Clangers

Foster Seve Diamond Mulgrew

J. Smith Kerr McDonald Aluko

Wright Miller

As much as I/we haven't seen him much I still think Wright will do a good job for us.

I don't understand that reasoning, what are you basing it on?  :-\

I think this is the 11 that JC will start with if everyone's available to him.

Langfield

Foster - Diamond - Severin - Mulgrew

Smith - Kerr - McDonald - Aluko

Mackie - Miller

However, I'd quite like to see us play a 4-5-1, now that we've got two good wide players and a couple of good sitting players, just to see how we get on.

Langfield

Kerr - Seve

Smith - McDonald - Aluko

Miller

Only problem with this formation is that we're relying heavily on the 11 that are starting, as they're all ideal for the position they'd play in.  A 4-4-2 enables us to chop and change players with very little difference.

However, I'd quite like to see us play a 4-5-1, now that we've got two good wide players and a couple of good sitting players, just to see how we get on.

Langfield

Kerr - Seve

Smith - McDonald - Aluko

Miller

Only problem with this formation is that we're relying heavily on the 11 that are starting, as they're all ideal for the position they'd play in.  A 4-4-2 enables us to chop and change players with very little difference.

Yep i like that, its flexible as well though cos if needs be seve can drop to defence and we can play 541 or if mulgrew and foster move forward 343

Yep i like that, its flexible as well though cos if needs be seve can drop to defence and we can play 541 or if mulgrew and foster move forward 343

Sounds very tombola-esq ;D

Like it though!

Langfield

Kerr - Seve

Smith - McDonald - Aluko

Miller

I don't understand that reasoning, what are you basing it on?  :-\

I think this is the 11 that JC will start with if everyone's available to him.

Langfield

Foster - Diamond - Severin - Mulgrew

Smith - Kerr - McDonald - Aluko

Mackie - Miller

Langfield

Kerr - Seve

Smith - McDonald - Aluko

Miller

And this is why you are a barman, and JC is a football manager.  :thumbsup::wave:

Given JC paid 75-100k I would assume Wright will start when fit. The SPL shows that being a big strapping forwards tend to be successful - JVOH, Boyd, Hartson, Killen at Hibs did well etc. and Wright seems to be a big, hard working pain in the arse that will pressure defenses. I think he's got pace and also shows that he'll be quite an intimidating player to play against. We've been quite lightweight up top for a long time that I think he'll do a good job for us. Mackie has had years (too many??) to solidify a starting spot and while he has pace and works hard he lacks the skill, finishing ability, and consistency to be the regular starter in my opinion.

Given JC paid 75-100k I would assume Wright will start when fit. The SPL shows that being a big strapping forwards tend to be successful - JVOH, Boyd, Hartson, Killen at Hibs did well etc. and Wright seems to be a big, hard working pain in the arse that will pressure defenses. I think he's got pace and also shows that he'll be quite an intimidating player to play against. We've been quite lightweight up top for a long time that I think he'll do a good job for us. Mackie has had years (too many??) to solidify a starting spot and while he has pace and works hard he lacks the skill, finishing ability, and consistency to be the regular starter in my opinion.

All lazy bastards but good finishers

Regarding formation, while many of you come up with creative suggestions, and I agree a 4-5-1 may suit our players with more freedom/creativity allowed to Aluka and Jamie, it won't happen. JC is a 442 or 352 man and that's what he'll do. 451 may just be too radical or forward thinking!!