Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

True.

I'm just too wary of players at AFC not living up to their potential or thinking they've made it once the fans start singing their name.

Sure he was exciting to watch at times but he reminds me very much of Zero.  Drifting out of games, not tracking back, taking on the same player three times just to be fans favourite...... etc.

Like I said, I'm pleased with this signing and I think this shows the next step for the club.  But I hope Aluko uses this to progress his career and doesn't stop trying to impress now he's no longer wanted at B'ham.

Boooooo. Burn the heretic. We don't want your realism here...not today. Boooooooo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackie's from Inverurie ain't he?

Inverurie's only 16 miles away but no he is from the shithole that is Kemnay Think he was born in Inver(what crap nicknames we have for the town) but resides in the shithole. Foster must stay somewhere around Inverurie now as well as he been in my work a few times

Anyway back to thread ALUKO'S BACK ;D:intheclub::headbanger::dance::beers:

Great signing. That covers most positions, although being no great fan of Foster, I'm still concerned at the RB position.

I'm also concerned at the lack of chances created for our strikers by Kerr and McDonald. Hopefully they will come good, but I fear Aluko will have to shoulder a lot of expectations, certainly a lot more than he's used to.

I hope I'm wrong.

brilliant news. didn't think there was a chance of this in a million years. Big ups to JC, WM and the artist formerly known as "that judas cunt McLeish".  nice to have positive thoughts about big Red again   :thumbsup:

COME ON YE REDS!!

:lolabove:

Total shock when heard Sone had signed for £50K!. McLeish getting sentimental with it being 25 year anniversary  ???

Joy for Jimmy as fans hail Sone deal

Fans’ delight at Aluko return

By Charlie Allan  :wave:

Published: 03/09/2008

DONS boss Jimmy Calderwood is delighted the Red Army have welcomed his swoop for Sone Aluko.

The Evening Express has been swamped with messages from Dons fans expressing delight that Aluko has returned to Pittodrie from Birmingham in a £50,000 deal.

The club has also been inundated with messages from fans saying “well done†for signing the 19-year-old England youth international.

“It’s great the fans are as pleased as I am that Sone is coming back,†said Calderwood.

“We’ve all got a lift because Sone will bring extra skill and excitement to our games.

“He also provides us with a different option which can only help us to break down opponents.â€

Calderwood is confident Aluko’s return will also help get more out of the other wide players at the club like Jamie Smith, Derek Young, pictured, Jeffrey De Visscher and young midfielder Peter Pawlett.

He added: “They know they will have keep their performance levels high if they want to be picked ahead of Sone.

“It’s great that we now have four players who can provide different threats in wide areas.

“Derek has also been doing a great job for us out there, so we have far more options than we had when I first arrived at Pittodrie.â€

Aberdeen fans will get their first glimpse of Aluko in a red shirt again when they play at Fraserburgh on Monday in Derek Milne’s testimonial match.

Loan signing Jared Hodgkiss, who arrived from West Bromwich Albion last week, will also make his Dons debut.

Striker Tommy Wright and vice-captain Zander Diamond, who has recovered from a thigh injury, are among the other first team regulars who are likely to play in the commemorative match for the long-serving Broch midfielder.

Calderwood said: “We are going to do Derek a favour because it will be a very strong side.â€

Meanwhile, The Dons have confirmed their CIS League Cup third round clash with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park will take place on Wednesday, September 24 (7.45pm).

The Reds face their second trip to Ayrshire after beating Ayr United 1-0 in the second round.

Had a look at the AFC website to see where Mackie was from ... they've taken that bit off the squad profiles. But they do show the height and weight of all the senior players. Hodgkiss is 5'4" !! Friggin Oompa Loompa!

I thought he was 5'8"?

Anyway, Aluko has been given number 22

1 Jamie Langfield

2 Charlie Mulgrew

3 Richard Foster

4 Gary McDonald

5 Zander Diamond

6 Scott Severin

7 Jamie Smith

8 Mark Kerr

9 Lee Miller

10 Darren Mackie

11 Tommy Wright

12 The Red Army

14 Derek Young

15 Jared Hodgkiss

16 Stuart Duff

17 Jeffrey de Visscher

18 Lee Mair

19 Chris Maguire

20 Bertrand Bossu

21 Andrew Considine

22 Sone Aluko

23 Sammy Stewart

24 Michael Paton

25 Stuart Smith

26 Peter Pawlett

27 Jonathan Crawford

30 John Bateman

Shamelessly pinched from the ab-mad site:

He turns the right-back in,

He turns the right back out,

In out in out,

He turns him inside-out,

He's tricky and he's nippy and he loves a goal,

He's who we're on about.

Oh Sone Sone Sone,

Oh Sone Sone Sone,

Oh Sone Sone Sone,

He's who we're on about.

Get it sung for the love of fuck!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=857626

Aluko: No Regrets About Leaving Brum

Teenage defender Sone Aluko, who has swapped his home-town club Birmingham City for SPL side Aberdeen, has no regrets at all about his decision…

Sone Aluko moved from Birmingham City to Aberdeen for a £50,000 fee on transfer deadline day after being told by Blues boss Alex McLeish that he would struggle for first-team opportunities at St Andrews.

But the youngster has not been daunted by that verdict and is confident of making a bri9ght future for himself at Pittodrie.

He admits he could have stayed at Birmingham, his home-town club, and seen out his contract in the reserves. But instead he but he opted for the challenge of a move to Aberdeen in order to secure regular first-team football.

He told the Birmingham Mail: "I realised that in my position, it was going to be hard to get a game so I had to think about other options.

"I was in the last year of my contract and it would have been easy for me just to sit there and run it down, then go on a free. But I wanted to play, and Aberdeen gave me that opportunity and it made sense to join them.

"I wouldn't say I have any regrets, I was just disappointed I wasn't playing and wasn't able to break into the squad as I had hoped. But that happens.

"It's not always the fairytale story in football, with the local lad joining the club he supports and going on to play for them."

It was not a shot in the dark going to Aberdeen as Aluko had been on loan to the Dons last season and made 20 SPL appearances for them. They were impressed enough to want to sign him on a permanent basis.

Aluko added: "I still believe I've got a bright future, that I can make a career in the game, unfortunately it's not going to be at Blues."