Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jimmy set for triple swoop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it this means Landzaat isn't coming to Aberdeen.

Hope the lad does well enough to merit an extension on his loan.

Not necessarily so GD, given fact Landzatt can play as central defender as well. What it does say however is nae way back for Maybury

Not necessarily so GD, given fact Landzatt can play as central defender as well. What it does say however is nae way back for Maybury

At least we don't have to worry about him anymore. Really didn't know what to make of the rumours. Great in the first few games then dire in the rest. Oh well Welcome aboard anyway!  :thumbsup:

Jimmy: Foster is still first choice

Hodgkiss faces first team fight

By Charlie Allan

RICHARD Foster was today reassured he is still the first choice right-back at Pittodrie.

The Dons have signed West Brom’s Jared Hodgkiss on loan until January, but Foster will retain the right-back slot for tomorrow’s SPL clash with St Mirren at Love Street.

And manager Jimmy Calderwood admitted there is a chance new boy Hodgkiss could spend the next six months stuck on the bench if Foster maintains his good form.

Calderwood said: “Foster has nothing to worry about.

“He was our best man at Ayr the other night and has been doing a marvellous job at right-back.

“If Foster keeps up his good form between now and Christmas the new lad might find his contract has run out and he has never played a game.

“The pressure is more on Hodgkiss to prove he is good enough to get in.

“We need cover in every position, which is why I went for Hodgkiss.

“His arrival also means we have the option to move Foster to cover other positions if we have injuries or suspensions.â€

Hodgkiss, 21, is the first player Calderwood has signed without actually seeing him in action first.

The Dons boss pushed the deal through on the recommendations of Baggies boss Tony Mowbray and Gus MacPherson, his opposing manager in Paisley tomorrow.

Calderwood said: “It’s the first I’ve ever done that, but it’s not a problem.

“I trust Tony and also got good reports about the lad from other people whose views I value, including Gus, who was raving about the lad after watching him play last season.

“When you are going about with the begging bowl there are times when you have to place trust in others.

“I couldn’t see the lad because West Brom didn’t have any games.

“I’m happy Tony has helped us out and I’m sure the lad will do well.

“Hodgkiss showing great excitement the moment the idea of a move to Pittodrie was put to him helped sway me as well.

“He had actually agreed to go to Hereford but knocked them back as soon as I confirmed we were happy to give him a chance.â€

Skipper Scott Severin is doubtful for the St Mirren game because of a foot injury.

Zander Diamond is out with a thigh strain, but the Dons have Lee Miller back after suspension.

If this dude does end up being another Dan Smith then JC should hang his head.

Yes we do need cover but bringing in a loan signing from the Premiership should be with a view to actually playing him, rather than an idle threat to keep Foster playing averagely.

Into that add the fact we haven't signed a centre back yet to replace Anderson (1 year on!) and over 7 months later no right back permanently signed.