Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jimmy set for triple swoop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not that happy about all these loan signing we seem to be getting nowadays. I dont mind one occasionally, but it seems to be getting quite regular these days. Our player turnover is quite high, without adding temporary players. I would rather we got a bit more consistency with our squad. Aberdeen are a big team, we shouldnt have to rely on loan signings.

However, I hope the boy does well for us.

Loan signings are the norm in world football now with the current financial climate. Unfortunately we don't have the cash to buy so, to be honest, I'd take 3 or4 loan signings every year if it means not having a paperthin squad.

Still think Ayr's Stephenson would be a good investment and someone who'd make us a profit in the future.

Hopefully this lad will come in and make an impact.  But will JC drop Foster?

He'll likely move Foster to left back, push Mulgrew into centre midfield, Move Kerr to centre defence, put Seve up front, put Mackie back into midfield, with McDonald going in goals and Langfield dropping to the bench.  Job done, team nicely balanced.

The 21-year-old, who recently signed a new two-year contract at the Hawthorns, has been brought in to cover the Dons' troublesome right-back spot.

Calderwood told BBC Sport: "It's a position Lee Mair and Stuart Duff can play, but they are better elsewhere.

The bench??

Dundee.

:lolabove:

-------------------------

Jared Hodgkiss has set his sights on emulating the success of Sone Aluko and Josh Walker following his loan move to Aberdeen.

The 21-year-old West Bromwich Albion right back yesterday joined the Dons until at least January 13 – despite Pittodrie manager Jimmy Calderwood admitting he has not seen the player in action.

Hodgkiss wants to repeat the impact England under-19 duo Walker and Aluko made during their Aberdeen loan spells last season.

Hodgkiss said: “Three days ago I had interest from another club, but I heard Aberdeen were interested and my heart started pounding. My heart has been set on coming here and I’ve hardly slept the past three days.

“I watched Sone Aluko and Josh Walker playing for the club on television and they gave me the inspiration to come here.

“The manager gave them a chance here last season and hopefully I can get the same chance to impress. I have to prove what I can do before I can expect to start a game.â€

English League 1 club Hereford had expressed an interest, but Hodgkiss has a reasonable knowledge of what to expect in the SPL.

He said: “I’ve followed Scottish football regularly since Craig Beattie came to West Brom from Celtic as we’ve become good friends.

“Tony Mowbray said Scottish football would suit the way I play and I should come up here as I would enjoy it. He said I would like the atmosphere of the big games and I’m looking forward to it.

“I haven’t thought any further than January 13 when my loan spell here finishes. I am concentrating on playing as many games as I can between now and then and, hopefully, it can stand me in good stead for the rest of my career.â€

Hodgkiss may be only 5ft 8in but Dons manager Calderwood is confident his new recruit will handle the rigours of Scottish football.

Calderwood said: “For the first time ever, I’ve signed someone I haven’t seen play. But I have spoken to a lot of people I trust in England to find out about the player and they have all been very positive. Hopefully, I don’t lose a few mates.â€

The Aberdeen manager is encouraged by the player’s desire to come to Pittodrie and hopes the success of the loan moves last year will lead to a strong showing from Hodgkiss, who has been allocated the number 15 jersey.

Calderwood added: “The loan moves were a massive success last season. Josh and Sone were a breath of fresh air about the place. The move was good for both of them and good for the club and hopefully it can be good for Jared too.

“Jared is a tenacious right back who is good on the ball. He has played 25 to 30 games for the first team and he was dying to come here. He has turned down a few offers in England to come here and that speaks volumes.â€

The Aberdeen manager is still in talks regarding loan moves for two more players.

He said: “I’m confident of still getting one other in, but the other move I’m not so sure about. We will definitely get one more in, but I hope it will be two. But we are looking at alternatives in case one of the moves collapses.â€

Jared Hodgkiss has set his sights on emulating the success of Sone Aluko and Josh Walker following his loan move to Aberdeen.

The 21-year-old West Bromwich Albion right back yesterday joined the Dons until at least January 13 – despite Pittodrie manager Jimmy Calderwood admitting he has not seen the player in action.

Hodgkiss wants to repeat the impact England under-19 duo Walker and Aluko made during their Aberdeen loan spells last season.

Hodgkiss said: “Three days ago I had interest from another club, but I heard Aberdeen were interested and my heart started pounding. My heart has been set on coming here and I’ve hardly slept the past three days.

“I watched Sone Aluko and Josh Walker playing for the club on television and they gave me the inspiration to come here.

“The manager gave them a chance here last season and hopefully I can get the same chance to impress. I have to prove what I can do before I can expect to start a game.â€

English League 1 club Hereford had expressed an interest, but Hodgkiss has a reasonable knowledge of what to expect in the SPL.

He said: “I’ve followed Scottish football regularly since Craig Beattie came to West Brom from Celtic as we’ve become good friends.

“Tony Mowbray said Scottish football would suit the way I play and I should come up here as I would enjoy it. He said I would like the atmosphere of the big games and I’m looking forward to it.

“I haven’t thought any further than January 13 when my loan spell here finishes. I am concentrating on playing as many games as I can between now and then and, hopefully, it can stand me in good stead for the rest of my career.â€

Hodgkiss may be only 5ft 8in but Dons manager Calderwood is confident his new recruit will handle the rigours of Scottish football.

Calderwood said: “For the first time ever, I’ve signed someone I haven’t seen play. But I have spoken to a lot of people I trust in England to find out about the player and they have all been very positive. Hopefully, I don’t lose a few mates.â€

The Aberdeen manager is encouraged by the player’s desire to come to Pittodrie and hopes the success of the loan moves last year will lead to a strong showing from Hodgkiss, who has been allocated the number 15 jersey.

Calderwood added: “The loan moves were a massive success last season. Josh and Sone were a breath of fresh air about the place. The move was good for both of them and good for the club and hopefully it can be good for Jared too.

“Jared is a tenacious right back who is good on the ball. He has played 25 to 30 games for the first team and he was dying to come here. He has turned down a few offers in England to come here and that speaks volumes.â€

The Aberdeen manager is still in talks regarding loan moves for two more players.

He said: “I’m confident of still getting one other in, but the other move I’m not so sure about. We will definitely get one more in, but I hope it will be two. But we are looking at alternatives in case one of the moves collapses.â€

:o :o :hammer: