Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Finger Of Blame

Do I detect a touch of jealousy boys?  So what if I`m shouting it off the rooftops.  It`s not bad for and I quote;  "A spasticated mongol who`ll never achieve anything in his life.  Your a waste of space." 

What genius did you quote there? Stephen Hawking?

And that wasn't a spider you saw on Al's lap, he's needing a waxing.

Tenementfunster,

You sound just like all those bullies at High School with a comment of that nature.  "Spasticated Mongol" was something I repeatedly got called and could never understand as a child why it was never in the dictionary.  Actually wanted to call the book by that name but the publishers thought it would be a bit unappropiate.  It always made me feel inadaquate as a person when many kids copied the main protaganists and the "whole world" couldn`t have an opinion on me and not be wrong eh?  Only when the book was released did I feel vindicated in my behaviour not to fight back physically or verbally against these idiots.  Weren`t worth my time or energy.  I quite enjoy the fact that I`m going to live on for years to come after my death even if it`s the only book I have printed which can`t be said for a lot of the culprits.

Take Care!     

Tenementfunster,

You sound just like all those bullies at High School with a comment of that nature.  "Spasticated Mongol" was something I repeatedly got called and could never understand as a child why it was never in the dictionary.  Actually wanted to call the book by that name but the publishers thought it would be a bit unappropiate.  It always made me feel inadaquate as a person when many kids copied the main protaganists and the "whole world" couldn`t have an opinion on me and not be wrong eh?  Only when the book was released did I feel vindicated in my behaviour not to fight back physically or verbally against these idiots.  Weren`t worth my time or energy.  I quite enjoy the fact that I`m going to live on for years to come after my death even if it`s the only book I have printed which can`t be said for a lot of the culprits.

Take Care!       

HAHAHA I can't tell if your for real or not?  :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

Anyway getting back to the original post surely we should show up in numbers through both thick and thin?

Theoretically it's a great idea, but then there is this thing called reality.

You haven't actually proved that when we have a large crowd with a vocal support = victory. Sure you can recall the Copenhagen game or Bayern Munich, but I can also recall the cup semi-finals with a large vocal support, away trips to Madrid with thousands of fans or countless games against the OF with large crowds, new year sell outs against Inverness etc. and we achieved the square root of fuck all.

Its an idiotic logic that suggests more fans = win games.

Tenementfunster,

Take Care!     

It's not that your a "Spasticated Mongol" or whatever that people on here are taking the piss out of you it's just that you sound like a bit of a cunt.

I don't think SeaBass is a cunt. I'm just questioning his logic.

I made a tongue in cheek comment about you having written a book, because you go on about it in almost every post with a shameless plug to it. Nothing malicious meant by it. I'm certainly not jealous and you have every right to be proud. In fact, since its a book about supporting the Dons then more power to you.

However, in this thread you seem to be living in some sort of uberfan dreamland...

I don't think seabass is a cunt, I don't know him well enough to know that.

I was just questioning how much of a brightspark the fuckwit was that called him that particularly poor description of his disabilities.

But I do also agree with JJ, in that there is some mileage in wondering what kind of fitba fan utopia he inhabits.

He should write a book or something.

And to think I was going to start a competition to see which two supporters would each win a complimentary copy of the book after the publishers made a cock-up at their end and gave two free of charge as an apology!

Bottom line is supporting Aberdeen has probably saved my life and although the book isn`t solely about following The Dons, being a part of The Red Army is very important to me even if I haven`t been to Pittodrie for 12 years up until the Dnipro home leg.  I was a season ticket holder between 1993 and 1996 and because of where I live it used to take me, my younger brother and step-father 14 hours to watch a game.  Leave the Borders at eight in the morning and not get to our bed til nearer ten in the evening.

So is anybody up for this competition idea I have?

How about you tell me why in no more than a 100 words why you should win one.

P.S.  Cheers Sharpie for that comment     

we should show up in numbers through both thick and thin?

We did, during those dark years 1996-2004, the same years you weren't there:

I haven`t been to Pittodrie for 12 years up until the Dnipro home leg

Thread closed.

Bloo,

Maybe it was because we were in the Merkland Family Stand that I lost interest in going to Pittodrie I don`t know.  Plus football takes a back seat when you have family issues to deal with as in early 1997 mum broke up with my step-father and it meant I had nobody to go with or take me.  Was pretty much a hermit around this time due to the hassle at school.  I`m epileptic and have to rely on public transport to get to games.  Hence why I`ve not seen us up at Caley unless I stay over in Inverness which I don`t want to do.  All in all I`ve managed to see 132 games between 1991-96 and now 1999-to the present day.  Only four of the last 37 matches have been at Pittodrie.  Money is a big stumbling block which is why I have to pick and choose what games I goto.   

Bloo,

Maybe it was because we were in the Merkland Family Stand that I lost interest in going to Pittodrie I don`t know.  Plus football takes a back seat when you have family issues to deal with as in early 1997 mum broke up with my step-father and it meant I had nobody to go with or take me.  Was pretty much a hermit around this time due to the hassle at school.  I`m epileptic and have to rely on public transport to get to games.  Hence why I`ve not seen us up at Caley unless I stay over in Inverness which I don`t want to do.  All in all I`ve managed to see 132 games between 1991-96 and now 1999-to the present day.  Only four of the last 37 matches have been at Pittodrie.  Money is a big stumbling block which is why I have to pick and choose what games I goto.     

SeaBass,

I think what bloo is trying to say with his post is that it is simple enough to suggest that supporters should be showing up in huge numbers for fixtures against Inverness etc. but there are just as many complex reasons why people don't show up to these games just as you have yourself.

I very much doubt that you are the only one that has so many barriers to attending as many games as you'd like. Money is one you mentioned, or more correctly value for money. If I were in a position to choose, I'd pay an extra few quid to see Aberdeen play Rangers rather than save a few pounds to watch them play the likes of StMirren. I bet just as many families have this issue, and many other issues to contend with before they go to a football match on a weekend.

SeaBass,

JJ sums it up quite well.  I am not berating you for not turning up, simply suggesting that the hardcore is already there, as proved during the dark years.  To attract the punters back, the product needs to drastically improve and that can only be done via speculation of funds.