Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Players from the past . . . .

Guest da auld warhorse

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt matter if they were pens or not, his goal scoring record speaks for itself and he always worked his arse of for the team.

For anyone to say he is shite knows fuck all about football or the history of the club. Then again i suspect that said poster is on the wind-up.

If you were picking a top dons X1 from the past 20 years i think Billy Dodds would be in 95% of the teams.

For anyone to say he is shite knows fuck all about football or the history of the club. Then again i suspect that said poster is on the wind-up.

:lolabove:

Ebbe Skovdahl  :finger:

Billy Dodds was shite, plain and simple.  I know the history of this club, I know how many great strikers we've had, and I know that Billy Dodds certainly isn't one of them.  :thumbsup:

If you were picking a top dons X1 from the past 20 years i think Billy Dodds would be in 95% of the teams.

Top dons x 1?  :-\

You're trying to tell us that Dodds would make it into 95% of Dons XI teams, going back to 1988?  You truly are clueless...  ;)

Doesnt matter if they were pens or not, his goal scoring record speaks for itself and he always worked his arse of for the team.

And there speaks the oracle of all things AFC related, eh?

Believe me, I know the history of our club. You clearly don't. He'd make it into 95% of fans' teams made up of players from the past 20 years you say? Ok then, so who would partner him then? Shearer? Gillhaus? Nicholas? Mason? Jess? Booth? Paatelainen?

Show me anyone who would pick Dodds ahead of any of them and I'll show you someone who doesn't know anything about our club.

Believe me, I know the history of our club. You clearly don't. He'd make it into 95% of fans' teams made up of players from the past 20 years you say? Ok then, so who would partner him then? Shearer? Gillhaus? Nicholas? Mason? Jess? Booth? Paatelainen?

Show me anyone who would pick Dodds ahead of any of them and I'll show you someone who doesn't know anything about our club.

:thumbsup:

As I touched on in my last post, how he could even suggest Dodds is one of our best strikers in the last 20 years is beyond me.  Dodds would be lucky to make it in 5% of those teams, let alone 95%.  :lolabove:

Dodds was a fairly decent striker. Certainly when I first learned we were in the hunt for Robbie Winters, I rubbed my hands at the thought of us having the fastest strikeforce in the league by a country mile!

But you got to remember, when Dodds was scoring for fun, he had a pretty decent midfield servicing him. Jess, Hignett, Glass, Bernard, Grant. I mean, Gillies and Kiriakov aside, Dodds had a pretty decent midfield feeding him. And he had the likes of Booth, Shearer and Windass partnering him up front. ANY striker is gonna benefit from playing alongside players of their class.

Ok seeing as I Was bored i went through each players career stats (all apart from shearer as they appear on Wiki, shearer taken from soccerbase as for some reason wiki only had aberdeen (which may i add was quite an impressive record)

Games per goal

Hans Gillhaus - Played 365 Scored 148 GPG = 2.4

Billy Dodds - Played 547 Scored 192 GPG = 2.83

Charlie Nic - Played 448 Scored 143 GPG = 2.9

Duncan Shearer - Played 210 Scored 70 GPG = 3.00

Mixu - Played 518 Scored 143 GPG = 3.6

Scott Booth - Played 329 Scored 82 GPG = 4.01

Eion Jess - Played 565 Scored 107 GPG = 5.2

Make of that what you will. For anybody to come along with a throw-away comment saying Dodds was shite is quite funny.

Ok seeing as I Was bored i went through each players career stats (all apart from shearer as they appear on Wiki, shearer taken from soccerbase as for some reason wiki only had aberdeen (which may i add was quite an impressive record)

Games per goal

Make of that what you will. For anybody to come along with a throw-away comment saying Dodds was shite is quite funny.

Are you trying to tell me Dodds is better than those other players I listed?

No he's saying that he has a better goals to games ratio to them bar gillhaus

Thank you :)

nope not suggesting that - my point was merely to show that dodds was not as perviously suggested by a couple of posters "Shite"

like i said those are the stats make of that what you will.

No he's saying that he has a better goals to games ratio to them bar gillhaus

People should really learn that these stats don't actually prove anything.

If Dodds scored half the chances he should have, he'd have won the Golden Boot.

12 goals from open play for a striker over the course of a season is still shit. He was agony to watch.

Games per goal

Why have you dug up CAREER STATS?  :lolabove: 49 goals in 140 games for Aberdeen is the stat you're looking for.

What point are you trying to prove?  :-\

My opinion hasn't changed of Dodds after looking at this, he's shite.  :thumbsup:

As usual you ignore the shite you originally brought up - when you said he'd feature in 95% of Dons fans teams if asked to select a Dons XI from that time  :lolabove: - and put across a point that does nothing other than make you look stupid.  ;)

Why because you said dodds was shite, career stats show he was not shite infact better GPG record then all of the afor-mentioned bar one.

Well i said three times the point i was trying to prove was Dodds wasnt shite as you had stated

How do you know - do you speak for all dons fans? nope for all i know it could be even more then 95% now wind your neck in  :thumbsup:

Why because you said dodds was shite, career stats show he was not shite infact better GPG record then all of the afor-mentioned bar one.

Dodds was shite, I for one didn't rate him that highly.  Your stats hide a lot of facts.

Well i said three times the point i was trying to prove was Dodds wasnt shite as you had stated

You said that ridiculous thing about 95% of Dons fans having him in a Dons XI from the last 20 years, which you're now blatantly ignoring.  :thumbsup:

Do you seriously believe that 95% would have Dodds over the likes of Jess, Booth, Paatelainen, Shearer, Nicholas, Gillhaus, Stavrum?  Do you f*ck...  ;)

You've already said:

Eion Jess for me, probably the best player i have seen play for the dons.

So would Dodds be his partner in your Dons XI?  :-\

How do you know - do you speak for all dons fans? nope for all i know it could be even more then 95% now wind your neck in  :thumbsup:

I don't speak for all Dons fans, it was you who initailly did with your 95% quote, so it's you who should wind your neck, in as you're talking absolute crap.  :-*