Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Players from the past . . . .

Guest da auld warhorse

Guest da auld warhorse

If you could pick any player from the past to play for Aberdeen who would it be

I would pick Martin Buchan a very talented player who did well for Man Utd as well.  When i watched him play he had the skills to make it today at the highest level

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caroline B

My Uncle says Ernie Winchester. Don't know who he was. I suspect he's trying to be funny!  ;D

I'd say Hans Gilhaus or Charlie Nicholas

Guest swaddon

My Uncle says Ernie Winchester. Don't know who he was. I suspect he's trying to be funny!  ;D

I'd say Hans Gilhaus or Charlie Nicholas

Ernie Winchester was like the 1960s equivalent of Darren Mackie.

Guest swaddon

A lot of people slagged off Bobby Connor years ago, but you have to concede that if he was playing for us today, he'd be one of our more outstanding players.

A lot of people slagged off Bobby Connor years ago, but you have to concede that if he was playing for us today, he'd be one of our more outstanding players.

said exactly the same thing to a mate of mine a few weeks ago and almost cried at the thought. I was one who really could not stick Roger, and I'd pray to the Gods at around 2.40 every Saturday that he wouldn't be playing. He was the weak link in a superb midfield that consisted of Jazzer, Simmie, Granty, Mason(y)  ;) and Rico over the years . In a few hundred matches for the Dandies, he never once tackled anyone. True story.

Have to say though, met him a couple of times and he's a really, really good guy. Shame about the football, however.