Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Players from the past . . . .

Guest da auld warhorse

Well spotted mate. It was a reference to Steve but most on here probably don't remember him or how appalling he was. Oh and Bobby, Connor was a fine player who was much abused.

yeah, after watching the dross we've had over the years, I can appreciate him now. Surely a case of being rather spoiled for so many years.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have to be either Tom Jones or Gary Hackett for me. Although on second thoughts, Stevie Gray was a touch of class.

Stevie Gray was a cracking player. Not really sure where you're going with that one Ajja. Jones and Hackett were shite, Gray was a very good player who fucked it up for himself. (and I'm presuming your sarcasm)

Stevie Gray was a cracking player. Not really sure where you're going with that one Ajja. Jones and Hackett were shite, Gray was a very good player who fucked it up for himself. (and I'm presuming your sarcasm)

What did I really mean ?

Jones and Hackett - enormous amount of sarcasm.

Gray - touch of tongue in cheek with a sense of regret that he didn't do more than he could have.

Essentially, what you said back at ya  :thumbsup:

Pre clydebank leg break jess.  Maybe a bit controversial but arild stavrum.  Billy dodds.  Russell anderson.  Duncan shearer. 

Stavrum would defo be in my top XI since i started watching the dons.

Him and Dodds up front would have been decent

Aye dodds was shite.    :doh:    Oh Please! He was the last striker to wear aberdeen colours that scored more than 20 goals a season.  And he did that every season he played for us.  We clearly have a different understanding of the word shite

Let me guess you'd rather have darren mackie and miller   :wave:

Can't believe I'm away to get into a debate with someone who rated the 'Ebbe years'.  :-\

Anyway...

Miller's a very good striker, who still has a lot more to offer us.  Hopefully he can kick on from where he left off last year, and can also get a regular partner to play alongside. 

Mackie is shite.

Aye dodds was shite.    :doh:    Oh Please! He was the last striker to wear aberdeen colours that scored more than 20 goals a season.  And he did that every season he played for us.  We clearly have a different understanding of the word shite

20 goals every season?

Can't believe I'm away to get into a debate with someone who rated the 'Ebbe years'.  :-\

Anyway...

Miller's a very good striker, who still has a lot more to offer us.  Hopefully he can kick on from where he left off last year, and can also get a regular partner to play alongside. 

Mackie is shite.

20 goals every season?

for the record i think miller is brilliant - but in the class of the afore mentioned? not even close!