• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right.

JIMMY MUST GO

SACK THE BOARD

IM NEVER GOING BACK

No, no, no.

Just;

THAT'S A SHIT STRIP AND A RUBBISH SPONSOR.

:thumbsup:

Ah fuck it, it's red I suppose, and as long as that was the best offer of money going then I suppose it'll have to do.

Do people actually care what the strip looks like and who the sponsor is??

Baffling.

As long as it's red and white who really gives a fuck.

Well yeah, I care because the better it looks, the more they sell, and therefore the more money the club gets.

Also, a higher profile sponsor can mean more media and market exposure - and also potentially more sales, and therefore the more money the club gets.

Still baffled?

Well yeah, I care because the better it looks, the more they sell, and therefore the more money the club gets.

Also, a higher profile sponsor can mean more media and market exposure - and also potentially more sales, and therefore the more money the club gets.

Still baffled?

I am.

Microsoft, Pepsi or Porsche could sponsor us but we'll still only get 5 minutes at the end of Sportscene(?) every Monday around midnight.  Not sure how their world wide exposure would get us any more cash down Pittodrie St.

Surely companies bid to become the team sponsor and the highest bidder wins?  A huge company wouldn't necessarily put in double what the next highest bidder put in, they'd just need to put in more.  TR obviously offered the most and it's a "record deal".

Yet folk are still not happy.

::)

I am.

Microsoft, Pepsi or Porsche could sponsor us but we'll still only get 5 minutes at the end of Sportscene(?) every Monday around midnight.  Not sure how their world wide exposure would get us any more cash down Pittodrie St.

Surely companies bid to become the team sponsor and the highest bidder wins?  A huge company wouldn't necessarily put in double what the next highest bidder put in, they'd just need to put in more.  TR obviously offered the most and it's a "record deal".

I am.  ;D

Guest swaddon

I'm happy with it. Like I said before, they could play in red coal sacks and I wouldn't mind, it's what they do on the field that matters, not what they're wearing. It's the SPL, not What Not To Wear.

I am.

I just think there may be more scope for people purchasing kits if there is a more prominent, well known brand plastered on the front of it. Ok the company itself may not do more to promote the club, but it may stick in the head more of people who see the top, and subsequently more attention may be brought upon the club. It may be bollocks, but that's my theory.

I still think the point about the better it looks being directly associated to the number we sell being valid though.

I just think there may be more scope for people purchasing kits if there is a more prominent, well known brand plastered on the front of it. Ok the company itself may not do more to promote the club, but it may stick in the head more of people who see the top, and subsequently more attention may be brought upon the club. It may be bollocks, but that's my theory.

Like I said before and someone else mentioned, nobody ever gives a supporter stick over their sponsors nor I can't even remember what any sponsors were for last season.

I very much doubt anyone ever sold many shirts off the back of a company branding being plastered on the front of it.

I still think the point about the better it looks being directly associated to the number we sell being valid though.

I'll agree with you there but I'd say by the time the start of the season rolls around, most will have warmed to it or bought it regardless.  Most people will buy the top to stick money in the coffers of the team and so they can wear their colours on matchday or at 5s.

Nobody will be buying it as a fashion accessory a la Glasgow.

At the end of the day, it's a football strip...........no point crying over it. Some of you are pretty ridiculous and sound like women (no offence to any ladies on the site) as that's what they do regarding clothes, have a right good moan about it. It's a football strip, why are you caring about the strip..........ITS THE PERFORMANCES ON THE PARK THAT SHOULD MATTER!

I think the kit looks shit, but most of them usually do.

If they'd made a bit more effort to make it look better, they might have got £40 from more people, so I think that's the bottom line that folk are getting at.  As long as the kids like it I guess that's the most important thing in terms of the target market.

Is it just me or does most things the club wants to do lack imagination?  Two shirts the exact same apart from the colours, we should try add in a different edge to one or the other, it is boring.

Also the away shirt looks like a shirt and looks affa silly with the red sponsor.