Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of white, haven't we just had 2 seasons running with the same away kit?  (I haven't spent too long reading through this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned)

I'd be surprised if we change the home kit again for the third season in a row, and leave the away kit the same for three seasons?

Anyway, not too keen on the above designs but it's not me that wears them, footy tops are for kids and footballers.  And cup finals.  I'll buy the full fecking set if we reach a cup final.

This could be the first year I buy the away kit as it looks pretty bling!

The ADT one was the best one we've had in years, it actually looked like it was made for running around in for 90 minutes.  Before that it was the AFAB one that ticked all the boxes.

I hate ones with collars and the APEX one just looked like a golf shirt.

Speaking of white, haven't we just had 2 seasons running with the same away kit?  (I haven't spent too long reading through this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned)

I'd be surprised if we change the home kit again for the third season in a row, and leave the away kit the same for three seasons?

We've released 2 new kits each summer since the Just Sport deal came in. Every year a home kit and alternate years an away or 3rd kit, so this season we're due new home and away kits.

I think I would have shared that optimism if we'd managed to get into next season's UEFA Cup.

Yeah, you could see why last season's increased exposure would initially have attracted prospective backers, but you would have to think that when they realise we are just beack to facing the usual Scottish titans and no-one else, they may cool a little.

We've released 2 new kits each summer since the Just Sport deal came in. Every year a home kit and alternate years an away or 3rd kit, so this season we're due new home and away kits.

Nice one, ta.  Two kids to keep happy so home and away kits will be fine by me.

Hmmm, doesn't appear to have a perfectly round collar. Looks to me like it draws to a point just above the v-bit of the collarbone. I like it. Just so long as the sponsor graphic is tasteful. I think the 07/08 Apex logo was tastefully done. I think the ADT logo was hideous. And the Atlantic Telecom logo was just so huge it looked like the team was Atlantic Telecom FC, with the minor sponsor being AFC.

In AFC kit teaser pic the neckline does look round, albeit I agree it is more like your description when generic Nike top is shown. I like neither!.

I do agree with you that the ADT logo was hideous, and the Apex logo was tastefully done. Had read Acergy were possible sponsors for next season, so :fingerscrossedsmilie: for a classy design  :thumbsup:

In AFC kit teaser pic the neckline does look round, albeit I agree it is more like your description when generic Nike top is shown. I like neither!.

I do agree with you that the ADT logo was hideous, and the Apex logo was tastefully done. Had read Acergy were possible sponsors for next season, so :fingerscrossedsmilie: for a classy design  :thumbsup:

I'd imagine that the logos aren't "tastefully done" to match the shirt but a straight lift from their design and plastered onto the front of the jersey.  A company who pays a lot of money to sponsor a team is also paying to advertise their logo.  I'm pretty sure

MacDonalds wouldn't make their "cartoon" M any less rounded for anyone so why would another globally recognised brand name like ADT?

Just be happy that we have folk still willing to pump money into the club.  Even the mighty Barcelona struggled to get a shirt sponsor until a couple years ago.