Wednesday 1 May 2024: Ā kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

League cup semi - hibs

I know we originally were gonna stick with the single thread for the league cup, but Panda broke that last time out šŸ˜¬

Feeling more optimistic than at the start of the week? Aye, do I think weā€™ll win? not convinced. I still need to watch the highlights from yesterday but by most accounts it sounded like we were decent until the final stages.
Ā 

The new manager has them playing with a bit of confidence, but there are still weaknesses there for us to exploit. Hopefully they come at us as we definitely play better against sides thatā€™s do.Ā 
Ā 

out

bed

bed

lamb and calf day šŸ˜‚

2-1 dons, miovski and ClarksonĀ 

Great thread.

Saturday will actually be a bit surreal for me because it'll be the first Aberdeen game at Hampden where I'm not in the Dons end. Even the 'neutral' ticket I've got I think is more towards the Hibs end, and the fella I'm sitting next to is a Hibee. Going to be awkward when I go mental at Miovski's winner.

All the betting sites have Aberdeen as the underdogs, understandable I guess since the last three Hibs-Aberdeen games are an 8-0 aggregate in favour of Hibs, and two of those were at Pittodrie.

Interesting to note is how the team have just stayed down in Glasgow following the Motherwell game rather than heading back up. Think they're training at Lesser Hampden today.

Was really confident until Manc did this now we are bound to lose.Ā 
Ā 

So do we now stick with the formation from Wednesday going forward. Normally would not be happy with us playing 1 striker against anyone outside the bigots domestically but the team undoubtedly played better on Wednesday. Formation allowed McGrath and Clarkson to play in correct positions and be more involved in the game. Also less long ball. Team also looked better without Duk starting. Hibs looked a shambles at the back on Tuesday so there will be chances for us.Ā 
Ā 

In

Shed

away end

train back to capital

2-1 Miovski and McGrath

On 03/11/2023 at 03:21, RicoS321 said:

Reckless approach to cup threads will probably cost us in my opinion.

I like it, never hurts to freshen things up.Ā  Will be disappointed if there isn't three new substitute threads introduced in the 80th minute though.

Edited by OxfordDon
spellig
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BigAl said:

In

Shawlands

Away End

Heading doon the coast

Really no idea, but going to predict we will either, win, lose or draw inside the ninety minutes

Is it the shitey side we're in for this one? I hadn't checked. Might have been an idea to do so before leaving.

29 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Is it the shitey side we're in for this one? I hadn't checked. Might have been an idea to do so before leaving.

We are West side of Hampden so better selection of pubs in a 15 minute walk on Victoria Road or Battlefield Road.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jute said:

We are West side of Hampden so better selection of pubs in a 15 minute walk on Victoria Road or Battlefield Road.Ā 

Aye, I meant shitey for driving from the north, but it's the better side in all other ways. I guess it doesn't really matter where I park either way. It's only the Hibs.

Edit: any idea what sort of crowd there'll be?

Edited by RicoS321

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, I meant shitey for driving from the north, but it's the better side in all other ways. I guess it doesn't really matter where I park either way. It's only the Hibs.

Hibs have allegedly sold 13000.Ā 

Parking - if there's events at Hampden then there's parking restrictions all over the gaff.

I park in Millbrae Road, which is just outside of the parking restrictions, and is close to the Church on the Hill which is a decent pre-match boozer, then a 20 minute walk to stadium.

Hibs have sold around 15,000. We announced on Monday we had sold 12,500 and presume we've sold a wee bit more since then.