Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs Home 03/09

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

We've definitely got the back four, and I'd argue that if Barron and Shinnie were sitting in a two in front, we can work with that. 

Wasn’t one of the reasons we were so keen to get shinnie was because Barron and Rama didn’t work? I just don’t think Barron is mobile, athletics, and physical enough. 

9 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Wasn’t one of the reasons we were so keen to get shinnie was because Barron and Rama didn’t work? I just don’t think Barron is mobile, athletics, and physical enough. 

It did work as a two with Clarkson in front (hearts at pittodrie under Goodwin springs to mind). That only happened a couple of times. Barron needs to be facing the play, so when he was moved further forward, with Ramadani on his own behind, he struggled. He can either play the number six with two in front (but we don't have the two in front), or in a two sitting with one in front (Clarkson or McGrath). Anything else he turns pish as he doesn't have the athleticism as you suggest and ends up getting lost. At the moment, Robson is almost exclusively playing two midfielders in front and expecting them to be hyper fit and get up and down the pitch. I'm certain it'll lead to injury soon.