Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs Home 03/09

Back to league business on Sunday against managerless Hibs. Really need to start winning league games as if we lose this on Sunday we will be bottom of the league with Hearts away next. 

Would expect changes from Thursday to allow player to rotate and rest. Would like to see us go to 4 at the back but not sure Robson will move away from 3. Up front I would be tempted to drop Duk and maybe give Sokler or  Gueye a run. 

In

bus then pub

Y

Pub then bus

2-0 Sokler and Gueye. 

Problem we have is we also have to develop chemistry so need players playing together. We also have the international break so most of the players who have played every minute, clarkson shinnie devlin ruby will get a little break/rest. Robson also commented about duk re confidence and being careful with him so I suspect he won’t get dropped, but I think sokler deserves his chance.

roos

ruby Macdonald jensen

devlin clarkson shinnie mcgarry

mcgrath

sokler miovski

3-1 us, miovski sokler McGrath 

This game is on PPV for those without dodgy firesticks who want to watch it.

I think we may see the same team that started v Hacken, unless MacDonald is fit (I presume that's why he didn't start on Thursday), then he'll either replace Rubezic, or Devlin will switch to RWB.

11 hours ago, Elgindon said:

In - Main stand sold out,so looks like the Y.Only 1k tickets left all in

Prediction,no idea but its unlikely to be boring,just enjoying/rolling with it for now

4 - 3  Duk to run riot x 4

Fuck, I hope you’re right! Needs to start clicking for him and soon! 

No idea what will happen today. The team looked knackered at the end on Thursday. Midfield is the conundrum, I've got no idea what the best three is. Clarkson was completely spent by the end of the game, so I'd be inclined to play him in the number ten position where he'll not use as much energy. I think we're at real risk of injuries in midfield with the continued setup and expectation. If McGrath is fit enough, maybe try him alongside Shinnie again or let Polvara step in, or play McGrath in number ten and give Clarkson a rest. Personally, I'd switch to a 4-2-3-1 and let the wide players play as wide players. Conserve energy by the letting the two sit in front. 

I can only assume the thinking is play duk back to march sharpness and hope he scores rather than bench him and dent the confidence? Barron for clarkson I understand, fair enough. Good to see Macdonald in there. Hopefully we’re three up after an hour and give sokler and gueye 30 mins!

Clueless going forward. Duk had been woeful. Bojan always seems to need one touch too many to get a shot away.

Because we seem to take forever to get up the pitch there isn't time for that touch or space for dribbling.

We really need to start getting in behind and putting crosses in front of our strikers. Surely that's the whole point of playing with wingbacks?

• Like 1

We've never played well under Robson but we had the rub of the green last season with duk hitting a purple patch and roos stopping everything.

That was never going to last and our inability to control a game is brutal.

Midfield doesn't work. Shinnie is limited as fuck on the ball. Just have him breaking it up and passing it on.

There is clearly no game plan other than trying to defend and then chase it up the pitch. 

Just not good enough

• Like 1