Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The squad exodus

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Must have some new kids ready to make the breakthrough into the first team by now. Well, at this rate they'll have to just to make up the numbers.

The thing is that Aluko and Walker were brought in to fill the u-21 quota set by the SPL, that meant our home grown players didnt even get onto the bench. Not great for our future.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that Aluko and Walker were brought in to fill the u-21 quota set by the SPL, that meant our home grown players didnt even get onto the bench. Not great for our future.

Quotes? No chance they were brought in to improve the first team squad?

I'm shocked at how many people have voted to keep Touzani?

The times that I have seen of him in an Aberdeen shirt, I've been mostly (not always) pleased with his performance and I would like to see him get a proper run in the team, so we have some idea of what he can do.

Although, I fail to see why JC offered him a new contract.  He is clearly not his first choice, more like 3rd or 4th choice.  When he's fit, he sits on the bench!! 

I'm shocked at how many people have voted to keep Touzani?

The times that I have seen of him in an Aberdeen shirt, I've been mostly (not always) pleased with his performance and I would like to see him get a proper run in the team, so we have some idea of what he can do.

Although, I fail to see why JC offered him a new contract.  He is clearly not his first choice, more like 3rd or 4th choice.  When he's fit, he sits on the bench!! 

Only game that I saw him play half decent was in Madrid and for 45mins against United. Other games he has been pish and in two was taken off at half time he was that bad. He does not have the legs for the Scottish game to play at the back or the speed of thought to play in the midfield. No surprise to me that his best game was in Europe where he was given plenty of time on the ball by an Athletic team that were playing at half speed.